Author Topic: Fishhook Removal ! (from your body)  (Read 12742 times)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishhook Removal ! (from your body)
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2016, 11:07 AM »
No doubt, stepped on a hook when I was two or three, learned a lot that day and still not been past the barb in 40 years...

<°)))>{

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:01 PM »
I used to brag about how careful I was and then within a year I caught a small pickerel right off the boat, yanked him in, he thrashed and got a treble in the fat of my palm and continued his fresh flipping. Finally got him off hook and then did the push thru method, amazing how the point was pushing up the skin without piercing, needed pliers to push it thru and cut. Then, in the semi wilderness in the ADK's alone in kayak ~1 mile from friends camp, caught a big pike. Kind of a newbie kayak fishing and was not prepared...two hooks in two fingers that time with pike still thrashing. Feeling woozy, got pike off and decided I could not paddle a mile with hooks in fingers (big jointed floating Rapala)...no cutters, bit the bullet and yanked out the way they came in, ouch for a week, sucked big time!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:04 PM »
I have done the disengage the barb and pull backwards several times- first time I saw it it was my hand, and a big treble, which can be hard to push through. ER doc had it out in 30 seconds. Next time my uncle put a loop of anchor line in an open tackle box and let out the anchor, multiple baits in his hands. Took about 5 minutes to sort out. Last time the oldest kid put a spinner in the top of wife's head. Coundn't get that out fast enough! Find a video and have this method in your back pocket. you will use it eventually.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.