Author Topic: 2005 Lakers  (Read 7188 times)

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2005 Lakers
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I'm lucky, I've had two or maybe three lakers under the legal size this year, the rest are all over 23". I hope I'll get a whole bunch more than this with the Vex! :D

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Pasquatch, just be willing to put in time and you will get that big laker. Here in colorado, 20-40 pounders, in both ruedi and blue mesa, used to be a daily occurence. Since our DOW started encouraging people to keep the big lakers, we don't have as many anymore, and since the drought of the early 2000's concentrated all of our fish, our big laker population is decimated compared to how it used to be. But we still have some really big ones. You gotta come here and experience some 20 pounders! (of course, I don't catch any that big, but my fishing partners do sometimes.)
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Pasquatch, just be willing to put in time and you will get that big laker. Here in colorado, 20-40 pounders, in both ruedi and blue mesa, used to be a daily occurence. Since our DOW started encouraging people to keep the big lakers, we don't have as many anymore, and since the drought of the early 2000's concentrated all of our fish, our big laker population is decimated compared to how it used to be. But we still have some really big ones. You gotta come here and experience some 20 pounders! (of course, I don't catch any that big, but my fishing partners do sometimes.)
TFB,    Well, this is only the second year where I've been able to put in alot of time on the King, and its hard to do with school, but I've put in atleast 12 trips this year, each one going from 6:30 am till 1 pm, a couple going later. I'll keep putting in the hours, and trout on the ice, but it is just so rare for someone to get lakers over 33" in Lake George, ecspecially in the winter, because there are probably 25% of the fisherman that pound it in the summer. The vex is going to be invaluable, especially with our suspending lakers that take coaxing to bite. I've only got maybe 4 more trips up to the King if the weather warms too much before Easter vacation. Next year, I'll be iceing alot more if the ice comes a little earlier and I'll have the Ultrapack for the whole season. Who knows how long it will take  for me to get a 35"+ from the King. Maybe I will have to go to Colorado. ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Who knows how long it will take  for me to get a 35"+ from the King. Maybe I will have to go to Colorado. ;D

there is not a single doubt in my mind that there are number 35"+ lakers in lake george...just gotta find'em and figure out how to get them to bite.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2005, 06:44 PM »
Who knows how long it will take  for me to get a 35"+ from the King. Maybe I will have to go to Colorado. ;D

there is not a single doubt in my mind that there are number 35"+ lakers in lake george...just gotta find'em and figure out how to get them to bite.
I have absolutely no doubt, I've seen 15lb+ lakers chasing a 15 incher at first ice, all the way up to the ice, then they dissapeared. We've all seen some of those 20 pounders that get caught every year in the summer. I know where they are, without any doubt I know where they are, I just have to have my jig or bait down there when they want to feed, and how they want it. The vexilar isn't a cure-all, but I know that with that insight into the reactions of these fish, I can get that big guy sooner or later. I am confident by the end of next ice season, one of us LG laker takers on Iceshanty will pull a big big fish through the ice. They're there, we just gotta get them to bite.

Offline icefizzlemachizzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Does the laker bite in LG pick up right before ice out or does it seem to lag?

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 28, 2005, 04:14 PM »
It gets better again, but not like first ice. the perch fishing is better. This spring, Dad and I will be floating by the feeder creeks casting for salmon early in the morning.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #37 on: Nov 01, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Here's some lakers from Lake George this year...more will follow
29"(Image removed from quote.)

27"(Image removed from quote.)

Couple 2 footers
(Image removed from quote.)

23" fatty

A nice, safe Lake George pressure ridge... :D

Nice Lakers! Question What kind of rod and reel were you using? I'm in the market for a new rod, I'd like one that works that well! :laugh:
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.