FishUSA Ice Fishing Gear

Author Topic: Shipping?  (Read 4265 times)

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Shipping?
« on: Jan 02, 2014, 08:55 AM »
Just curious if anyone else has been experiencing slow shipping from FishUSA lately?
I ordered something on Monday and the expected delivery is Thursday of next week.

In looking at the tracking it looks like it went for a 4hr ride in the opposite direction of where I live.

I did'nt expect next day, but I did expect same week.. 10 Business days is pretty crazy for something that shipped only 8hrs away from me.

Perhaps they should look into different carriers for different parts of the country (UPS, even USPS would have been faster).
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
Re: Shipping?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:10 AM »
Nope I have ordered 4 times this year and its 2 or 3 days from when I click the order button.
Love Fish USA If they have what I want I get it from them!
The 4 hour ride is due to the shipping company sending things to sorting hubs.
To put it in perspective, I had a gift card to bass pro and ordered a reel 12/27 it due at my door 1/6 >:(
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2014, 09:42 AM »
To put it in perspective, I had a gift card to bass pro and ordered a reel 12/27 it due at my door 1/6 >:(

Thats only 6 business days, which isnt bad.. My order will take 10.. And is currently going in the wrong direction.

They should really look into using different carriers if their hubs aren't in locations closer to the customer.

This is my first time ordering from them, and most likely my last..

Here is some perspective for you. I ordered something directly from China, and had it in 11 business days lol

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:39 PM »
Not at all! Placed two orders, one on dec 24 and the other on dec 28. The first one shipped the day after xmas, the second shipped the same day. Both were small orders so they shipped USPS 1st class. Its about 4 days shipping from PA to IA.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:34 AM »
Me either! They have been the fastest place for me. Great service too!

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Id hope so Ironeagle, you from PA and they ship from PA lol.

Maybe i just got a bum deal..

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Thats only 6 business days, which isnt bad.. My order will take 10.. And is currently going in the wrong direction.

They should really look into using different carriers if their hubs aren't in locations closer to the customer.

This is my first time ordering from them, and most likely my last..

Here is some perspective for you. I ordered something directly from China, and had it in 11 business days lol

Maybe you should try having some patience. I've ordered from FishUSA many times and have always been satisfied.

And shame on you for ordering from China. USA all the way.
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Maybe you should try having some patience. I've ordered from FishUSA many times and have always been satisfied.

And shame on you for ordering from China. USA all the way.

Patience is waiting a week.. Two weeks is unacceptable.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:48 PM »
What did you order some things ship direct from the suppler I also seen on the news that shipping company's are screwed up or something people are still getting Christmas gifts that were due to them like 8 days before Christmas.
Thomas Harris

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:44 PM »
I placed an order on Christmas day for a 36" St Croix rod and a 42" case for it, along with the free hat that came as a promo. They did their part. They pulled the order and had it sent out via FedEx the next day, and the shipping was free! I just got my package today. It may seem long, and I did see on the tracking that it was shipped out of Eerie, Pa and then to Ohio, only to travel back to New York. But that's FedEx, that has nothing to do with FishUSA. FishUSA is not a shipping and delivery company, they are an online retailer.

Keep in mind that Christmas was just a week and a half ago and New Years Day was a few days ago. Nothing happens during those two days. Also keep in mind that there have been some serious winter storms in the past few days going back to just after Christmas. My package may have taken a week and a half to arrive, but I cannot complain because I am conscious of the above factors and also, I didn't pay for shipping at all, that was on the house. Many online retailers charge hefty shipping fees and it's often based on the price of your item, not the weight, which makes absolutely no sense.

FishUSA got my items sent out in less than 24 hours and I placed my order on Christmas day...and they paid for my shipping! What else could you ask for? Everything was packed well and arrived safe within a reasonable time. I am really happy and WILL be giving them more business in the future!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:48 PM »
 Don't like there high price or shipping cost therefor never ordered from them.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:52 PM »
Shipping was free so I cant complain about that.
However it has now been over a week and still not here. Pretty sure I could have walked there, picked it up, and walked back by now..

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Shipping was free so I cant complain about that.
However it has now been over a week and still not here. Pretty sure I could have walked there, picked it up, and walked back by now..

FedEx is weird like that. I work at a hospital and needed to overnight ship something for work. The receiving clerk said in order for me to overnight express ship something to an address in town, less than 2 miles from the hospital, FedEx would have to pick it up, fly it across a few states to Ohio, fly it back and then deliver it in town...a five minute drive away from where it departed from!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2014, 11:41 PM »
Don't like there high price or shipping cost therefor never ordered from them.

Free shipping- no minimum order... can't get any lower than that????
EYECONICFISHING

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:31 AM »
FedEx is weird like that. I work at a hospital and needed to overnight ship something for work. The receiving clerk said in order for me to overnight express ship something to an address in town, less than 2 miles from the hospital, FedEx would have to pick it up, fly it across a few states to Ohio, fly it back and then deliver it in town...a five minute drive away from where it departed from!

Indeed that is bizarre. And in this case that blame (in my opinion) comes back to the retailer for not knowing things like this ahead of time.

It really is quite sad that I can get things direct from China 1 in almost the same time as from a store 8hrs away.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:17 AM »
I'm still waiting on the reel from bass pro ordered on the 27  ??? Fedex Sucks!
Thomas Harris

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:01 PM »
I've had fast shipping from FishUSA. My first order was made on Monday and I got it from the Post Office Saturday (Would've gotten it sooner but couldn't get to the post office before Saturday). Sunday I ordered a minnow trap and got it yesterday. I use the free shipping option... Maybe I'm in a more direct postal route from FishUSA?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:34 PM »
I've placed 4 or 5 orders in the last month. All have been shipped within 1 business day, most the same day. All usps first class since they were small orders for free shipping, except for a rod I have on the way right now that is coming priority. I have a reel and a rod in two separate orders that should be here on monday/tuesday. Its only 3-4 business days from PA to IA first class mail.

VERY happy customer here. They have super quick shipping on their end.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Bummer man.

I placed an order from another retailer that shipped from the same area FishUSA shipped from.

They sent it UPS, and i got it the NEXT day!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2014, 04:50 AM »
Happy customer here.

WS

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:08 PM »
FishUSA has free shipping at a cost >longer delivery time.
If you're in a hurry pay the $6.95 shipping fee.
If you want it free you will have to wait twice as long.
As far as their prices they seem to be in line with the other stores, You don't see $14 or $18 shipping costs with them.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2014, 12:18 PM »
FishUSA has free shipping at a cost >longer delivery time.
If you're in a hurry pay the $6.95 shipping fee.
If you want it free you will have to wait twice as long.
As far as their prices they seem to be in line with the other stores, You don't see $14 or $18 shipping costs with them.

I have made purchases via other online retailers whom offer free shipping, but use different shipping companies, and it doesnt take 2 weeks...

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2014, 04:55 PM »
I live further west than you maddogg and it takes 4 days from the day of purchase to get my items USPS first class. 3 on the last purchase (they sent priority). They would have to over-night it to get any faster, and that's not going to happen for $7.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.