Author Topic: Visiting NH Questions  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Cjshiz

• IceShanty Rookie
Visiting NH Questions
« on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Hey guys! Im from CT and I'm visiting my friend up in NH. Im looking to do some ice fishing on Moore res. and had some questions about regulations. How many lines can one person have in the water? Can my tipups have treble hooks on them? Are there lake trout if so can i fish for them? Can i fish for pike if so are there any regulations on them? And basiclly anything you guys think i should know so i dont break any regulations. Thanks guys!!!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Visiting NH Questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:31 AM »

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Don't forget that ignorance of the laws is not a valid excuse, so be aware of the regulations.

The NH F&G website should have all the information you need, from number of traps you can use and whether or not a particular body of water has any special restrictions. (things like if a pond is "trout only" which means "no ice fishing" to special trout/salmon waters that only allow 2 traps/lines may be used.)

Good luck and stay safe!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Hmm ask a stranger on a website and get their interpretation of the law or considering you’re already online just look up the official rules yourself?

http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshire/fishing/freshwater/

How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:19 PM »
6 lines, no treble hooks on live bait,no lakers there, one pike a day -min length 28 inches.

Offline Cjshiz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2019, 05:25 PM »
I looked up the rules myself and unlike the ct reg book, which is very straight forward,  the nh one is not. Thanks for the help though!!

Offline redmerle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:10 PM »
try reading the ME one...

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2019, 06:02 AM »
I looked up the rules myself and unlike the ct reg book, which is very straight forward,  the nh one is not. Thanks for the help though!!

I grew up down there. There are a lot less waterbodies to fish and less species of fish to fish for which would make for an easier book to read. I like my hard reading book.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:23 AM »
try reading the ME one...
So true!
After you've been through the NH one a couple times, it's not hard to follow.

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:08 AM »
More things to remember.  No lead split shot or jigs, and you can't bring live  bait up there from CT. 

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2019, 09:13 AM »
NH has alot of rules, so be sure to read up on them.  Good start above.

1 more....you can't use perch as bait for pike in NH.  And you can't release unused live bait in NH (although I don't think anyone pays attention to that rule).

https://wildlife.state.nh.us/fishing/baitfish.html

Offline Troutslayer311

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:07 PM »
The NH ice fishing regs are absolute garbage. Next year come to the Adirondacks. That's where the real hardwater diehards hang out.  7 lines of any kind on open lakes doesnt matter what's swimming in it. Go ahead put 4 trebles on each line with live bait on em its legal. Just make sure you dont forget your jigs. Lake George for lakers and perch, Great Sacandaga for pike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.