Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 216768 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1350 on: Feb 08, 2023, 05:36 PM »
Evening all got my ice line fix in, for me on the gills was pretty slow, nothing to brag about. Will see if I can get a picture to post.

TT no worries, hitting the 80 mark is not all it’s cracked up to be. Take that from one that knows  ::)

A fat 36.5 inch
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1351 on: Feb 08, 2023, 09:58 PM »
 Good evening, the high temperature by me today was near fifty degrees currently around freezing point outside. Passing this on for everyone's attention large recall on Fabuloso Multipuprpose cleaner product was sold between Dec.2022 and Jan.2023 possible bacteria in product which can cause heatlh problems . I will post a link with recall information at the end of this post.
Eddie good to read you had a little action on yesterday's trip  congratulations on catching the brown trout .
Whopper Stopper thank you for posting the moose photo . glad the bullets arrive hope you had a good day of reloading , I'm sure the cold temperatures you had recently were not the best for the trail/game cameras focused on the rabbit feeder at your SIL's home.
Hunts2longthank you for the trip report You still made good time getting back home.
Tomturkey may you be able to keep wife's bandages on until follow-up visit . happy for you that the MRI will be done at the hospital you prefer. Thank you for the information on Loon's now I understand the rescue operation  ice Wanderer posted about still sad to see newly formed ice get broken up during the effort to reach and help the bird .
Wallyworld thank you for the photo i had to enlarge it at first i thought the bird was either a turkey or black vulture feeding on a dead small animal . may both of you be over your colds .
IFF nice that you were able to get out ice fishing. Congratulations to whomever caught the northern pike , may you be able to get out again before heading home to Tennessee .
Ice Wanderer hope it was a good day at Schroon lake for Jon and you .

Here is the link for info. on Fabuloso multipurpose cleaner recall. https://www.fabulosorecall.com I checked the link and it worked for me hopefully will for everyone else also .

May everyone have a good night. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1352 on: Feb 09, 2023, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 25* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Steve..........I know that Loons are protected but that means that you can't hunt them or interfere with their nests ect. But I thought
                that if it is a natural occurrence like getting stuck in the ice then they let nature take it course. I heard that some residents along the lake called
                and complained of the incident. I guess the state decided it would be a good training mission. :whistle:
                          Eddie..........I'm glad you were able to at least get one Brown Trout. :thumbsup: I don't have Jaw Jackers but Jon does and he has very few
                misses, a lot less than my tip ups. They're just too expensive for my pocket. :blink:
                          Tom............I hope you can get your MRI where you want it. :unsure: Good man taking care of your wife's bandages. :flex: I don't know why
                they used Ace bandages to cover things like that. :unsure:
                          Marv...........That moose picture was awesome. :clap:
                          Wally..........Hopeful ly this warm up isn't going to kill the good ice you found on your reconnaissance mission. :unsure: Thank you for sharing
                the pictures. :clap:
                          Bud............I'm glad you were able to get out on some ice, nice fish. :clap: :thumbsup:
                          H2l.............I think the hospitals are starting to ease up on the restrictions and letting patients have their spouse come in with them. :thumbsup:
                But does that mean you have to get a covid test as well? ???
                         Yesterday wasn't a banner day on the ice, I brought home one Laker and caught 5 more short ones, they were real finnicky, Jon did a little better
                on the Lakers but we had tip ups and jackers set for salmon. Jon got a text that there were people fishing MDB on Lake George. They said there was
                about 3" of ice. Jon stopped by to check it out but the sun was shinning brightly and and the black ice absorbed the sun and the ice went bad. No reports
                on how anyone did or anyone going through.
                         Not much going on today.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1353 on: Feb 09, 2023, 04:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 26*, rain/snow mix coming in this morning then turning to all rain, high of 38.

Steve…thanks and thanks for sharing the link on that recall. Not familiar with that product but I’ll pass the info on to my family members.  :thumbsup:
  Bud…nice Northern, congratulations to your group on a successful trip!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…great picture, thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:  My trip started off fast then went to poop, lol. Hopefully Jeff has a better reply than mine.  ;D
   Tom…good work on securing the bandages, hopefully no more issues with them for your wife until her follow up.  :thumbsup:
   H2…I wish I could take advantage of the Pike bite up there, have seen some beautiful fish taken this season. Looking at the extended forecast, don’t think it will happen this season unless we fish the morning of the prize giveaway…and that could be possible with my sons!   ;D
   Marv…glad your package finally arrived…better late than never!   :clap:  How’d the reloading go yesterday?
  Jeff…glad you fellas got into some Lakers!!  :clap:  That’s too bad the ice went so quickly on MDB, what a crazy season this has been! Thanks for sharing the picture and info…how much ice holding on Schroon?

Made one quick stop on the way to the lake to grab a backup 1lb. propane bottle…$8.09 apiece, Gasp! Haven’t had a need for them as I had a few from last season, but wow!  :cookoo: 
   Setting up my JawJacker spread, had one snap as I was putting #4 in…14” Brown came topside. Thought it was going to be one of those fast and furious bites for the morning, lol. Ended up being my only hit until I called it quits at noon.
   The rain and warmer temps melted what little snow was on the ice and lots of puddles everywhere, not glove friendly as I found out, lol. Top white ice was going quickly yesterday and things are going to go downhill fast with todays weather and what’s to come. Heading back out for a few hours this morning again before the crappy weather moves in..Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1354 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:37 AM »
21* and clear right now.

IW, glad you had a good day on the ice. The wife only has to get the covid test because of one test they perform, the lung function test , and I think it is because she has to blow into the machine.

WS, thanks for sharing the overhead shot of the moose, pretty cool.

Eddie, saw some nut with his full size pick-up on the ice just off the campsite yesterday. Most of the edges look pretty bad as the lake has been going down.

The doctor called last night, no changes in the wife's meds, next visit in May will be a busy one, CAT scan, 5 minute walk, etc. Coming up on 6 years post transplant on July 1st.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1355 on: Feb 09, 2023, 07:28 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

24 degrees, may see 36 by the afternoon.

TT...Here it seems all of a sudden the Doctors lump anyone using Norco as an addict, no exceptions. Instead, they want you to do physical therapy and do injections. So in my case, some of my joints are bone on bone. Let's see .....Yep, lets do exercises to finish them off :cookoo: As far as injections go, I know far too many people that went that route. The first time they worked good for 6 months. Then 3 months, then 3 hours. So if you have 4-6 body parts that need injections you best set some time aside for running to the clinic. Also, eventually once the insurance money runs out then what ??? But, they also want you to train your brain into thinking pain is good ??? Where did the find this new crop od $%^ #$@ :whistle:

IW...Nice picture, sounds like a fun day :thumbsup:

Eddie...Congratulation s on the 14" brown. hope today has a few more visit topside  :thumbsup: The reloading went fine, I only did 20 bullets to see how they preform. I have never loaded cast bullets so it took me a bit to figure out what I was doing. I bought 1500 .44 bullets so am guessing by the time they are gone I should have it down ;D

WW...Hope you had a good night and are feeling better this morning :thumbsup:

h2l...Good news with your wife's meds :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Best of luck to anyone hitting the ice :icefish:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1356 on: Feb 09, 2023, 08:08 AM »
Good morning,  no ice time today 34* and raining, calling for it to turn to snow with this 11 mph wind

Guess it will be TV movies at daughters

Stay safe and well all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1357 on: Feb 09, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......glad to see you got on some ice  :thumbsup: freezing rain/rain here today  ::)

WS.....went to pain management classes for my back a few years ago, complete waste of time but another hoop the insurance company wanted me to jump thru before they approved the surgery that fixed the problem  ::)

Eddie......sure was a nice morning before the rain moved in, hope the fish were biting ahead of the storm  :tipup:

IW.....the sun on the black ice sure changes things quickly  :%$#!:  glad you were able to put some fish on top yesterday   :clap:

H2L.....apparently someone doesn't care much about their pick up  :cookoo:

Between the rain, above freezing  temps and wind it seems pretty unlikely that we'll make it out this year  :'(  I'm not one that is comfortable venturing out on sketchy ice  :nono:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1358 on: Feb 09, 2023, 01:54 PM »
It was a nasty start to the day with heavy rain that has moved off now around 2pm. Luckily the high winds never hit that were guessed.

I went to get a blood test before the rain left so it was a nasty drive. Some of the levels in the results are still out of wack. Somehow through miscommunication with my new Dr, a couple of dosages of meds got messed up. Now to get that straightened out.

Marv I lost track of the number of injections I have had over the years. Only one worked and that was only for 5 weeks. That is why I have a nerve stimulator in my lower back. I cannot have back surgery as my bones are too soft.

I saw you mentioned you had a 44. A Marlin 336 44 Mag sold on a local online auction last week for $1483.00. 336 30-30s sold for $801 and $551. There was an Ithica single shot 22, lever brake, sold for $531, I think new they were only around $50.00. I had one in 22 mag. I could not afford to shoot it so I traded it for an Ithica Super singe 12 ga. Also, a pair of Michigan Style snowshoes sold for $102.  They are wider than our 10x56s so they are harder to walk in.

Eddie and everyone else. I guess I am not good at putting the bandages back on the wife's arm. They slid again last night so I redid them a while ago. They slid again. I guess I will put them on with Gorilla Tape so they can not slide.

H2l It is good your wife is  doig well. Almost 6 years is fantastic..

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1359 on: Feb 09, 2023, 04:02 PM »
Well been just working and getting things done a little bit around the house. But mostly hanging out with the wife and sometimes the kids. Had a customer visit this week that is a new customer that might take some more UPA acid which will be nice to have some more loads going out, but the bad thing is having to ship 2 500ml bottles out to their lab for every load, and it sounds like this is forever. At around 600 to 1000 dollars a box shipping plus the 500 or more for each bottle and 100 bucks for the shipping box, hopefully they are paying good enough, but it will maybe keep us loading more so it should be a win.
Days here have been nice we had one above freezing and we have been getting to the 20's most days now. Even some nice sun shine to warm things up a bit. Need to make it out to the lake one of these days and do some fishing. Have a great rest of Thursday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1360 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:04 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Here is a Bunny video.

Not sure why the cat figures peeing in the feeder is a good sport :cookoo:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #1361 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:24 PM »
The cat must think it's an outdoor litter box!! "What are these rabbits doing in my litter box??"  ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1362 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:39 PM »
Good evening ER's. I'm coming along slowly but surely with my legs. My problem is my COPD doesn't allow me much distance before I have to stop and catch my breath! I've had a 3 year running battle over a claim for my COPD. It's service connected due to working in asbestos areas since I joined the Navy in 1962!! My perseverance has finally paid off and the VA granted my claim!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 Everyone stay safe and well!!!
OS
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1363 on: Feb 09, 2023, 06:59 PM »
OS glad that they finally came through, good news. Just stinks it took so long.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1364 on: Feb 09, 2023, 07:45 PM »
OS glad that they finally came through, good news. Just stinks it took so long.
Thanks!!! I was in it for the long haul!! ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1365 on: Feb 10, 2023, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's
                         It's cloudy here on my hill with a chance of rain. ::)
                         OS..........I'm glad that you were able to finally get your claim approved with the VA. :thumbsup:
                         Marv....... I think the cat didn't like the weather and wanted a dry place to Pee. :roflmao:
                         Eddie.......Well at least it wasn't a skunk, hopefully you had a better day. :unsure:
                         Wally.......I hope you and Mr. WW are felling better. :flex: Yeah the sketchy ice in places sure doesn't make for a comfortable day on the ice. :cookoo:
                I heard that there is going to be another vortex coming towards the end of the month, maybe a little to late to make comfortable ice. :whistle:
                         H2l..........That's great news for your wife, hopefully she can keep going in this direction for years to come. :flex: :clap: That's crazy that someone
                would risk taking their truck out on the ice the way the weather has been. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
                         Bud..........I hope you enjoyed the movies. :whistle:
                         Tom......... I had many injections in my shoulders before they realized that they weren't working. I'm having issues in my right shoulder again and
                I'm afraid that the VA doctor will want to stab me some more and return to PT which really didn't help in the begining. :%$#!: How can these doctors get
                away with messing up medications, that can do damage to someone. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                         Fish......... I guess a customer is a customer no matter how much they purchase. :whistle: We wish we could have some of your weather over here. :whistle:
                I hope you can make it to the lake this weekend. :unsure:
                         I didn't do to much yesterday, my wife and I got new phones so we went to #2 son's house so his wife could set them up for us, so far so good with
                them except getting Wifi calling set up.
                         One of my wife's nieces passed away last Saturday from cancer, so this afternoon we're headed to NH for the service, we were going to stay the night
                with her brother but his other daughter from Michigan is staying so we're doing the round trip.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1366 on: Feb 10, 2023, 05:42 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+8 degrees to kick off the morning. We may see 30 degrees later today with more warmer weather on the way.

OS...Congratulations on winning the battle :bow:

IW...Condolences to your wife and family. Safe travels  :thumbsup: The worst part about getting a new phone is the set up part :%$#!: Glad your d-i-l could help you out :clap:

Eddie...Looking forward to your fishing report :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the croup is losing it's grip :thumbsup:

Bud...What movie did you see ???

Not a lot going on here today. The wind will give the air a pretty good chill so not going to the range. The s-i-l has a couple of errands to run so will tag along with her.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Best of luck to anyone on some ice :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1367 on: Feb 10, 2023, 06:14 AM »
37* cloudy and they are calling for some wind this PM.

OS, glad to hear that the VA picked up your claim.

IW, not everyone over here is SMART! The truck was only out about 30 feet off the beach and it is the edges that look the worst. They are saying the lake is being dropped about 2 feet a week.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1368 on: Feb 10, 2023, 06:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  42* and cloudy, winds are supposed to blow strong throughout the day, high of 43.

Jeff…so very sorry to read about the passing of your wife’s niece, my condolences to you both and the family/friends. Safe travels today and best wishes to all at this most difficult of times. Hope the new phones work out for you!  :thumbsup:
  OS..glad to read you’re coming along with the recovery, CONGRATULATIONS on finally getting that claim approved, that’s awesome…way to go!!!  :clap: :bow:
  Marv…thanks for sharing the video! Looks like Mr.Cat needs to learn some manners, lol. Is it your SIL’s or a stray??  ;D
Good news on the reloading, hope the loads work out well when that cannon barks…good luck at the range!    :thumbsup:
  FH4…good news on both the break in weather and new customer, hope they both stick around for awhile!   :clap:
  Tom…pretty scary deal with the wrong meds, agree with Jeff, hard to understand how that can happen, wow!  :%$#!:
Hopefully the bandages are staying put today..will they provide a visiting nurse to help out with that?
  Wally…the weather guessers were spot on with their forecast here yesterday, rain/sleet moved in slowly about 9:30 then just rain as I made it off the ice. Sorry Team WW won’t be getting out this season, can’t blame you one bit with the sketchy ice conditions…it’s been a bad season for many this year unfortunately.  :%$#!:
  Bud..good luck today if you’re heading out!   :tipup:
  H2…hard to understand anybody attempting to drive a truck out on the reservoir, big ball’s or just a hollow head, crazy!
Must have had his guardian angel ready to jump out… :cookoo:

Had the whole lake to myself yesterday with the exception of a bald eagle who kept his distance. Was hoping to hit some dink perch to offer him a meal and a picture but failed miserably on that, lol.
  Ended up catching another Brown trout just under 14” and missed 2 other bites on the JawJackers before packing it up. The white ice on top was was getting super soft and sloppy in a hurry, probably my last trip out on that local lake with the forecasts coming…maybe a trip north with my sons before it all goes bad.
  Off to see the Dr. today and see if he remembers the handshake first…odds are going up, he’s at 8:1 today for forgetfulness….Cawfee’s on!   ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1369 on: Feb 10, 2023, 08:48 AM »
34* to start the day. After I posted yesterday the heavy rain started back up. When I talked to my buddy over by my shack last night he said it was starting to snow. I see there are schools north of him that are closed today. The ice here is shot with all of this rain.

IW Sad to hear your niece passed away. Safe travels.

OG Good to hear you won your battle with the VA. My wifes late husband was an officer in the DAV. He fought for veterans to get what was owed to them by the VA. When her father, who was a WW2 veteran, had problems she knew how to get him what he was owed.

A dentist friend was looking at buying a closed dentist's office. When I went to look at it I told him to run not walk away from it. I had asbestos around all of the hot water heating pipes.

Eddie when I got up all of the wraps were off of her arm again. They want us to go to their office to have it redone. All they would probably do is to rewarap it like it was done the first time. I doubt they would send a visiting nurse to rewarp it. The wife did not think it was funny when I  told her I could put her arm through a piece of 3 inch PVC ie so she could not bend it.

ww If you watched the video of them perch fishing out of the boat did you notice how white a few of the perch were? Those are perch that came out of Lake Michigan to spawn.

I had to go have another blood draw for my new doc yesterday. This is 7 weeks in a row. This is getting old! From what I see there are only a couple of things that are a little off from normal. I need to find out the name of the urologist he is sending me too so I can research him.

I need to get breakfast so I can go get my great grandson a present as his birthday is party tomorrow

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1370 on: Feb 10, 2023, 09:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW......my condolences on the loss of MrsIW's niece, thoughts and prayers to all  :'(

TT.....good luck getting the meds squared away  ::)  always interesting to see how different fish look when they come from different waters  ;)

OS......congrats on winning the battle with the VA and thank you once again for your service and sacrifices  :thumbsup: :bow:

WS.....thanks for the bunny update  :clap:  can't imagine why the cat felt that spot needed to be marked  :wacko:

Eddie......hope all goes well at today's appointment and the doc is now 8-2  :whistle:

IFF.....back on the ice today  ???

H2L.....it is true, you can't fix stupid  :nono: :woot:

MrWW had a doctor's appointment yesterday, end result bronchitis. They sent him for a PCR test, came back negative for covid and flu but positive for RSV ::) Guessing that's why I feel like a Mack truck drove over me  :blink:  there's really nothing they give you for it just OTC pain/fever reducers. So it's another day of couch time here  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy. And stay away from us.....we're contagious  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1371 on: Feb 10, 2023, 05:21 PM »
WW another father/daughter Sunday
Had to pickup hot jigs and baits.  Rig spring bobbers on the rods and down sized the jigs.   Man those eyelets and light line is hard to get in focus 😂

Well bummer on the symptoms
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1372 on: Feb 10, 2023, 08:55 PM »
Good evening ,windy day but pleasant with high temperature in the middle fifties. Looking at the news see one of the better know music composers of 20Th century Burt Backarach has died at the age of 94 . the craziness continues article did not have any details bout there was a stabbing at a school in St.Paul, Minnesota earlier today. locally earlier in the week a Marist college student was attacked and bitten in leg by a coyote on the college's campus. Student had rabies shots and is doing well authorities searching for the coyote .
OldSailor good to read your are mending for the leg surgery . happy for you the V.A. finally approved treatment for the COPD . Next time you see your doctor should ask if there are exercises you could do at home for your legs.  Best wished for you.
Ice Wanderer Glad Jon and you found a few feeding lake trout on Schroon lake trip. Condolences to your wife and her family on Niece's passing a safe trip to and from NH. wished for the two of you.
Eddie congratulations on getting the trout,Happy to pass the fabuloso info. onto others . May all have gone well at the doctors and you received a handshake.
Hunts2long good news for wife and you nice she needs no medication changes.Is it normal for that much water to be released from GSL at this time of year.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the video i see there is a fbox feeder on the rabbit feeding area maybe the cat is also eating the food for rabbits and was marking it's territory .may you be happy with the reloads once you get to test them at range.  I hope you had a good day out with your SIL .
Wallyworld sorry to hear Mr.WW has bronchitos and both of you may be infected with RSV may the OTC medications help both of you.
Tomturkey sound likes you are a busy man dealing with different medical issues. I wondering if some type of sleeve could be put over your wife's bandages to help hold the in place and still allow her to felx the arm at elbow . thinking along the likes of sleeve ahletes use during games .
Fish/hunt4ever may your company pick up the new client .Best to you and the family with any future ice fishing trips.
IFF may you find feeding fish on tomorrow's trip. If your daughter has a sewing needle threader you can try that to get line throught the eyelet on jigs .Icefisher-45 may it have bee a good week for you and the wife.
Zcm-82 may all be good with you and your family.

Hopefully this is the correct link product/device to help make tying ice jigs to line easier. https://www.tyepro.com  Also Sportman's Guide is having a sale on ice fishing gear until midnight Central time on Feb. 17 TH . Https://www.sportsmansguide.com

Keep safe try to stay healthy. Have a good weekend ,best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1373 on: Feb 10, 2023, 09:45 PM »
the craziness continues article did not have any details bout there was a stabbing at a school in St.Paul, Minnesota earlier today.
  Steve

The name of the school is Harding High School. A 15 year old was stabbed and killed by a 16 year old.

About 34 years ago my wife's brother lived with us after finding himself in a lot of trouble with the law. His mom and dad washed their hands of him, so his sisters stepped in and changed his world.

He went to Harding to finish out his last couple years of high school, while working with me during the Summer. He was totally out of his element with all the diversity at Harding. Even then fights and knives  were prevalent. He just said tonight he was surprised it took this long for someone to get killed there.

Yep, crazy times in the jungle and across the country.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1374 on: Feb 11, 2023, 03:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Blustery and 29* with a dusting of snow, snow showers have been coming through, high of 35 today.

Marv…Here’s to the Whopper Stopper Family stepping in and getting their brother/B-I-L back on the track! That had to be a difficult and daunting task for everyone..WELL DONE!!  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:  :bow:
  Steve…I cut the Dr. some slack again and just put my hand out when he closed the door behind him…we both got a chuckle out of that after I told him what the odds were on him!  ;D  Thanks for sharing the links, best of luck to you today if you’re searching for some ice!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…will be looking forward to your report, hope the new setup’s do the trick for you both!  :icefish:
  Wally…ughh, sorry to read that about the bronchitis and RSV entering the household! Sending best wishes/thoughts and prayers for you both, hopefully the meds help some…here’s to a speedy recovery!  :thumbsup:
  Tom…just thinking out loud, maybe fastening a wide light piece of cloth like a pillow case over the wraps may hold them all together? Best wishes sent your way also with the Dr.’ visit’s Sir!   :thumbsup:
   Jeff…hope everything went as best as possible yesterday…never an easy time, my condolences to all again.
  Dave…hope the ice roads are open and you’re off to the cabin…will be looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:

Dr.’s visit went pretty good yesterday, no complaints other than the midday scheduling trying to find a parking spot.  ;D
  If the winds weren’t ripping here this morning I’d be considering another farewell trip out on the local lake…maybe this afternoon if things calm down.
  Next Saturday is the prize drawings for the canceled Walleye Challenge we entered into..not certain yet if we’re going to fish a few hours beforehand but looking forward to that now. Not much on the planner yet but the Cawfee’s on!  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1375 on: Feb 11, 2023, 05:28 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Eddie so do I, just had a rough night, had gotten the latest Covid booster I had been putting off at 9:00 AM   Sat around watching the 3 episodes of the shoot um up and knife fights “John Wicks”. And had come down with sore arm, fever enough that when I hit the cold outside, it was like full blown hypothermia, uncontrollable shakes. Warn shower and sipping hot coffee put an end to the shakes, the. It was wet wash rag on forehead to knock down the fever.  Now it’s sit tight and hope I will be up to the challenge Sundays  :icefish:

WW best wishes for the household to shake the RSV and send it packing

22* chill at 16

Fresh coffee’s in the pot.  Enjoy your day
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1376 on: Feb 11, 2023, 06:14 AM »
26* cloudy and a breeze.

WW, sorry to hear that you both are sick. Hope you are feeling better soon. The wife is still taking a pill for her stuffed up sinuses.

Mr. C, when they can they do let a lot of water out pretty fast. Depends on how the Hudson is.

Eddie, the lake looked like a swimming pool yesterday, lots of water on top but there were a few guys out of the campsite.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1377 on: Feb 11, 2023, 10:47 AM »

Good morning ER's congrats to those getting out and catches. I've been watching free movies on tubi on the computer. Check this one out. The 12th man

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1378 on: Feb 11, 2023, 06:03 PM »
Been dealing with a bug for a week now.
I'm really bummed because this weekend was forecast to be warm so I could move trailers around so the SxS trailer could be used. Unfortunately it's not going to happen because of my current situation.  :'(

Currently a balmy 1F here with light winds and some snow falling.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the same without the snow and a few sunny breaks.
Might be able to get the move done next weekend.
Going to be a bit  cooler though.  ::)

But I did get a little something to cheer me up while being couch bound.   ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1379 on: Feb 11, 2023, 06:24 PM »
Well we have had 3 flags and a couple turned tip ups. Lost one minnow the other one has been chewed on sonwe will see if anything comes back around and gets him. Might start picking up here in a few and head to the house where the kids headed to a little bit ago amd the brother and sister in law are hanging out with the mother in law, been nice with the wife and I hanging out for a little while by ourselves in the enclosed trailer staying warm and waiting on flags.

Have a great rest of Saturday and a good start to Sunday, oh and I guess have a great super bowl and hope your team wins.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.