Author Topic: Early Ice and SUPER ACTIVE BITE  (Read 991 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Early Ice and SUPER ACTIVE BITE
« on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:00 PM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! ;D
More lakes are freezing up here in Colorado in the High Country! We get out for the second time of the 2020-2021 ice season and get into a really active bite for Rainbow Trout and Brook Trout!

We were fishing on 4 1/2 - 5" of ice and crushing em on the 1/32oz Berkley Power tube and 1/16oz Titan Tungsten Rose gold jig with a Nano Fry trailer from Kenders Outdoors. Fish couldn't resist! Did some work to get some underwater camera releases as well, some turned out good, others not so much haha! Hope you all enjoy!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Early Ice and SUPER ACTIVE BITE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2020, 09:30 PM »
 Tyler-Sam you are on a roll so far thank you for providing another video to keep all of us still waiting for ice to form entertained. I always get a chuckle when you say lower elevation have to remember all of Colorado is 3 thousand feet or higher above sea level. Where I'm located in South Eastern New York is only around 5 hundred feet my state's mountain tops are what you would call lower elevation.

A couple suggestions for you see if Hummingbird sells an arm you can attach to your flashers and take off the float when fishing early/thinner ice. You will also need a stopper which fits on the transducer cable and regulates how deep into the water your transducer sits. Try placing the bottom edge of the transducer just below the ice surface should have less chance of tangle ups when reeling in a fish.

Hope the two of you had a good Thanksgiving Day.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Tyler-Sam you are on a roll so far thank you for providing another video to keep all of us still waiting for ice to form entertained. I always get a chuckle when you say lower elevation have to remember all of Colorado is 3 thousand feet or higher above sea level. Where I'm located in South Eastern New York is only around 5 hundred feet my state's mountain tops are what you would call lower elevation.

A couple suggestions for you see if Hummingbird sells an arm you can attach to your flashers and take off the float when fishing early/thinner ice. You will also need a stopper which fits on the transducer cable and regulates how deep into the water your transducer sits. Try placing the bottom edge of the transducer just below the ice surface should have less chance of tangle ups when reeling in a fish.

Hope the two of you had a good Thanksgiving Day.
 Steve

No problem at all, happy to provide some entertainment...Hopefu lly you're out on the ice soon!! Haha ya I need to start keeping that in mind more😜 You always have great suggestions...I'll have to look into that for sure, as there is plenty more early ice coming up for me over the next month as the lakes from 5k-8k start freezing. Thank you as always for the great suggestions Steve!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2020, 09:49 PM »
Tyler-Sam you are welcome, also might try increasing the distance between the hole you are fishing in and one with flasher unit. If you can not see your jig lure droping the hole you are fishing is out of the transducer's cone angle experiment and you find the correct distance between the holes.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Nice video :thumbsup:

WS

Offline stuckinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Thanks for filming :)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2020, 05:55 PM »
Nice video :thumbsup:

WS

Thank you very much! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!! Glad to be out on the early ice and with a week off of work haha!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Thanks for filming :)

Thanks for watching  ;D The roadside minnows have been killer so far!! Can't wait to get into more hard water!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.