New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta lake  (Read 12420 times)

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Delta lake
« Reply #120 on: Feb 20, 2015, 10:02 PM »
What are the conditions on the lake want to bring my girls out but don't want them to stand in 1' slush and freeze there toes off. And I don't have a snowmobile any help will do thanks
It is going to be a very cold start to the day. A shanty and heat is a must. I've heard the slush is better but can't say for sure. And it wasn't 1" of slush last time I was there, it was up to my knees.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline Drifter315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Feb 21, 2015, 07:01 AM »
Report? Anyone catch anything
The tug is the drug !!

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #122 on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:22 PM »
Was a tough day, Met up with FishNY about 545am and trudged our way out with our gear after some pike,got a few flags shortly after setting up with a small pickerel here and there.. Mid afternoon things started looking like it wasnt going to happen..Folks around the lake didnt seem like they were getting much either so we figured the fish werent turned on.. But then a flag poped up and Delta gave up a nice one for our efforts...

She went 39 inches 15lbs 10 OZ and took 1st in the tourney for the Pike category..

Even got some video of the catch..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMOZ-ZThWL4

At the awards ceremony after we got a run down of the fish caught for the day..

A lot of pickerel were pulled up !!! Heard some guys got a dozen or more
Only 2 Walleye, A few Perch and 2 Crappies were entered !!! Overall a very slow Day for the Big D...
Believe the eyes were a 15" and a 16"
Perch I cant remember
and the Crappies were a 10" and a 13 1/2 "

There were some nice prizes raffled off after the tourney.. Kudos to the Folks that ran it.. Especially with the Lake conditions what they were...

I had a good time Jay it was a pleasure fishing with you !!

Almost forgot !! Big thanks to Rudy that was fishing near us with his son for the ride in to the weigh station.. Id still be lugging the fish there if you didnt help me out Much Appreciated !!!
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

OneidaAngler

« Reply #123 on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Nice fish dude!!! There were more than 2 perch entered. My buddy got the first place slob and I missed third by a quarter inch, but I did get the first place walleye. Can't believe I won with a 16 1/4 inch walleye! And the fact there were only two entered! Was a great derby as it always is. Wish I won one of those power augers though...  ;D

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #124 on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:56 PM »
Nice fish dude!!! There were more than 2 perch entered. My buddy got the first place slob and I missed third by a quarter inch, but I did get the first place walleye. Can't believe I won with a 16 1/4 inch walleye! And the fact there were only two entered! Was a great derby as it always is. Wish I won one of those power augers though...  ;D

Ahh , OK, I couldnt remember.. Ill modify that ...

And YAH Wish I got one MYSELF !!! of those augers that is ... ;D

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Feb 21, 2015, 07:00 PM »
nice pic---i used to live right on delta----who puts on the derby---what was some of the prizes----did u win a power augur for that pike

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Feb 21, 2015, 11:25 PM »
Was a tough day, Met up with FishNY about 545am and trudged our way out with our gear after some pike,got a few flags shortly after setting up with a small pickerel here and there.. Mid afternoon things started looking like it wasnt going to happen..Folks around the lake didnt seem like they were getting much either so we figured the fish werent turned on.. But then a flag poped up and Delta gave up a nice one for our efforts...

She went 39 inches 15lbs 10 OZ and took 1st in the tourney for the Pike category..

At the awards ceremony after we got a run down the fish caught for the day..

A lot of pickerel were pulled up !!! Heard some guys got a dozen or more
Only 2 Walleye, A few Perch and 2 Crappies were entered !!! Overall a very slow Day for the Big D...
Believe the eyes were a 15" and a 16"
Perch I cant remember
and the Crappies were a 10" and a 13 1/2 "

There were some nice prizes raffled off after the tourney.. Kudos to the Folks that ran it.. Especially with the Lake conditions what they were...

I had a good time Jay it was a pleasure fishing with you !!

Almost forgot !! Big thanks to Rudy that was fishing near us with his son for the ride in to the weigh station.. Id still be lugging the fish there if you didnt help me out Much Appreciated !!!
Although a slow bite, it was one of my best days on the ice learning some tricks from the pike master! I can't wait till it picks up. Icing that fish couldn't have went any smoother.
Its now after midnight and I just got home from grooming sled trails. I'm shot! I can hardly move and anyone who made the treck out there today is impressive in its self! I'll definitely be there again next year!
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline wdb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #127 on: Feb 22, 2015, 11:50 AM »
I'm sorry to say I was hugely mistaken about the slush situation!  Got stuck more times than I could count once I had the shack and fishing partner on the snowmobile.  Hope everyone got around the ice safely and had a great time all the same!!

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Feb 22, 2015, 12:15 PM »
I'm sorry to say I was hugely mistaken about the slush situation!  Got stuck more times than I could count once I had the shack and fishing partner on the snowmobile.  Hope everyone got around the ice safely and had a great time all the same!!
Its winter in CNY !!! We either sit home and not go out or go out and muscle our way through it !! It could have been worse and im sure we have all been out in worse conditions is all i can say..

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Feb 22, 2015, 01:50 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. That's one of the reasons I decided to walk and leave my sled home. Were you on the main lake or the backsets?
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline wdb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Feb 22, 2015, 02:50 PM »
We were on the main lake, but no regrets, just a bit more tender today than anticipated! :)

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Feb 22, 2015, 05:45 PM »
We were on the main lake, but no regrets, just a bit more tender today than anticipated! :)
I can imagine. I could hardly move this morning. But hey, if you're sore after fishing, you know you gave it 100%!
I am Muskies Inc.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #132 on: Feb 22, 2015, 06:49 PM »
That slush was awful. My friend got his sled buried and then I got mine buried helping him out. Good thing we brought a shovel or else we would have been screwed. It was worth the effort though. Hopefully it tightens up before next weekend.

Offline Fisherman24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Feb 24, 2015, 09:05 AM »
i heard someone fell through the ice out on the main lake the other day has anyone heard this? I also heard they were letting water out anyone have any ideas?

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Feb 24, 2015, 09:37 AM »
i heard someone fell through the ice out on the main lake the other day has anyone heard this? I also heard they were letting water out anyone have any ideas?
I have not heard of any of these things. Unless they were close to the dam, I find it hard to believe someone went through. There is a lot of ice out there 20"+, and the main lake had over 100 ppl on it Saturday for the derby with no issue.
I am Muskies Inc.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #135 on: Feb 24, 2015, 11:34 AM »

Might just be a rumor. If someone fell through, they fell through the 8 inches of slush and 18 inches of snow.  ;D

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:23 PM »

Theyre always letting water out this time of year and especially with the amount of snow we have, just preparing for the eventual thaw.. Delta Dams main purpose is flood control and providing water to the canal..

I dont know if anyone went through, not saying it didnt happen, but there is a ton of ice,with a load of snow on top with a load of slush between.. One would think they went through if they havent been on a lake thats in its current conditions id imagine..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.