New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sharing your ice fishing place  (Read 2111 times)

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
Re: Sharing your ice fishing place
« Reply #30 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:01 AM »
I have learned from past  experience.    Posting good fishing spots on here will bring some scum to your spots you like to fish.     I have no issues helping out fellow fishermen find fish or an area to target them     but that's through Pm ' s.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2014, 10:39 AM »
It all depends on the when's, where's, and how's for me.
On a lake like Lake George in the middle of the season, you're not going to create much more or less pressure by sharing specifics.
Now... The body of water I was fishing this past weekend.  ;) Very few people actually know where I ended up. I lied to half of my close fishing buddies. Like Rg said. You know you're own network. I only share that information with guys that think like I. That's why I fish with them.
Some of my smaller honey holes and early ice spots I hold more sacred than my old lady. Please for the love of god none of you better repeat that in front of her.  ;D

I'll share pics in a few weeks.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Nov 24, 2014, 11:42 AM »
This is a good topic.  A comment about having a network strikes a cord with me.  Ill share some general info, but the most valuable stuff comes from the network of friends pounding the ice, and generally that info never see's the web.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2014, 04:47 PM »
I like to help non catchers out show them jigs and technique even give them a jig and call them to my spot if bite is on. Last year I called three guy over when bite was on we all caught fish. Next day went back to catch more same three guys plus three more told me I was rude fishing in their spot. Lesson learned.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Ya, again. I'm all for helping someone out that wants to try new places or asks me a question. I just try to always to it through PM. I've asked and got help from many people on here with new fisheries and I've also given out info to many people. I love this site but it can really put a hurting on a body of water as well. Example Sandy Pond. I grew up fishing that place as my family has had a camp there for 40 years and the fishing pressure it gets now during the winter is way higher than it's ever been. I just want to put this out there. Think twice before you post to the public about your fishing honey hole or a body of water. Take into consideration the size of the fishery and what impact it might have. Places like Oneida are large enough to sustain it but not all places are.   
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Carp Commander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2014, 09:21 AM »
I am proud to say I am my families first ice fishermen.  I never had any instruction.  Keep in mind was before you tube or even the internet.  Some friends and I bought a hand auger and some tip ups then took to the ice.  Those we some of the most miserable days of my life.  Perseverance through the brutal cold with poor to horrible equipment turning lakes into swizz cheese is what made me a true ice fishermen.  If you want to help out the new up and comers say nothing.   Anyone one who does not know how to find a fish should not be aloud to disgrace a fish by catching it! 

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Some spots I ice fish I had people showed me. Other spots I discovered on my own. It`s good to show some of your fishing spots. But not all of them.  ;)
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.