New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Schroon  (Read 12244 times)

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Schroon
« Reply #90 on: Jan 29, 2014, 02:45 PM »
i wason schroon 3 times the last week,theres at least 14-16 inches of ice, you can see where the were driving trucks on it. there is some snow but the winds was blowing alot of it wheres there was few bare spots. creepers mite not be a bad idea.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Schroon lake
« Reply #91 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:14 AM »
Haven't heard much about Schroon lately. Im looking to go there with a co-worker tomorrow.  I was just wondering if Eagle point is still holding some lakers or if all the traffic out there earlier in the season has them all "educated". Any info would be great!!

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 31, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Nobody fishing schroon anymore?

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Jan 31, 2014, 06:33 PM »
Everybody is on Lake George, and rightfully so.  I've seen very few guys  out there lately.
Tony

Offline WEREGEL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I spent the today off Eagle Pt.  Set up off what I think is the boat launch in 38 to 34 feet of water. Fished from bottom to a couple feet under the ice.  Used baits from ice sickles to suckers. Jigged my favorite stuff. Zip

Lots of ice thought, 10-12 inches.

Two or three other groups out there. Don't know how they did. At least two 4 wheelers unloaded in the park and drove on from the launch. My local park wont let you do that.

Wow! I walk and getting down then back up that hill is a trip. Went down with a rope on the back of the sled following it. Coming back up was slow! Icy, wear spikes or creepers.

Glad I had a Smitty

Offline Adkmountainman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:51 PM »
I'm not sure about Eagle Point but I know the northern end has been pretty slow this year..........only a few Lakers this season.

Offline JiggernautI87

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Be safe big water thin ice give no second chances
« Reply #96 on: Feb 01, 2014, 11:01 AM »
I like the treble hook on the top idea...its a good catch. I did notice the lakers last season would often hit as my jig was dropping back down.
i bought the Vexilar fl-8 se and well worth the money...

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Feb 02, 2014, 09:37 AM »
fished schroon yesterday out off eagle point. iced a couple lakers. 1 nice fat 22" 4lbs. 1 shorty.  Had 1 break off at the hole. i also had 1 pike that i lost at the hole which surprised me because i had my tip up set for salmon. 5' below the ice. not exactly sure what the water depth was but it had to be at least 30 fow. It was overall an OK day fishing. I had some pictures, however my brand new samsung galaxy s4 active phone is now sitting at the bottom of the lake. Had it in the chest pocket on my bibs. Bent over and it fell out, hit my boot and straight into the hole.  $400+ phone. gone.  >:(

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Feb 02, 2014, 10:15 AM »
Everybody is on Lake George, and rightfully so.  I've seen very few guys  out there lately.
thats a good thing,they can stay on lake george.lol.

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Maybe this thread wont get deleted. Somebody has something against talking about the schroon derby.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:08 PM »
Yes. I don't get it????? My post on derby was deleted twice already!!  Why????

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Same here. 3 times for me.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:17 PM »
Maybe schroon is top secret this year!!!lol. I just wanted to know who is going and if ATV can make it on ice?? Almost no reports on fishing or anything about lake lately??

Offline MJB518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Im gonna be driving up that way next week to get my ticket. I will check it out and report on the conditions page.

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Feb 22, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Thanks! I live to far to do that. I'm from orange I always mail mine in. Thanks again!

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Feb 22, 2014, 07:27 PM »
Most of what I've heard this year it that Schroon has been very slow.  The is huge ice amounts, and guys have been driving out.  Like everywhere else there is water and slush under the snow.  Things should button up by next weekends tourny. 
Tony

Offline snowlt14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 23, 2014, 01:48 AM »
Does anybody know if there is any access tot he lake off Adirondack Rd on the East side? We found a decent spot that was ok to walk to from Adirondack before the snow and slush but looking for closer access now. Thanks, please PM

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Feb 23, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Does anybody know if there is any access tot he lake off Adirondack Rd on the East side? We found a decent spot that was ok to walk to from Adirondack before the snow and slush but looking for closer access now. Thanks, please PM
there was a road just past the beach that went out on the ice. they keep it pretty much plowed.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Feb 24, 2014, 03:05 PM »
How are the conditions on the lake, did the snow melt? How thick is the ice? are guys driving out off of fitch road? Thanks
?? Did you mean to post this on Saratoga thread? This is Schroon thread.

Offline jeep528

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Feb 24, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Fowler ave

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 24, 2014, 11:17 PM »
yes they have been driving onto the ice off fowler.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Feb 25, 2014, 01:56 PM »
just came off the lake.slow 20 smelt 4 perch no lakers.20in of ice and 6 in of hard snow.

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Zero slush.  Hard as a rock and rougher than a cob.  Truck stayed on top, 4-8" rock hard snow, and 2 ft ice.  Wheelers or snowmobiles or trucks.
Tony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.