New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Schroon  (Read 12242 times)

Offline Schroon_Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Schroon
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:32 AM »
How thick was the ice when you were there today? Looking to go up this or next weekend. - Thanks

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2014, 04:12 PM »
Drove up yesterday morning and went to eagle point. I didn't even get out of the truck it was raining so hard. My bait is still kicking and I'm off from work on Thursday so I'm heading back up.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2014, 03:33 AM »
out on the lake yesterday OMG.All the fish must have got blown to the other end of the lake.Had a fish bite my hali off very upsetting.Plenty of ice 8 to 10in and sheer.Better have you'r creepers on. :)

Offline kokannee kenny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2014, 05:32 AM »
i was at lake yesterday, very cold didn't see anyone fishing and the bait shop south of the village was closed. Heading back up on Thursday.

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2014, 07:52 AM »
out on the lake yesterday OMG.All the fish must have got blown to the other end of the lake.Had a fish bite my hali off very upsetting.Plenty of ice 8 to 10in and sheer.Better have you'r creepers on. :)
where were you fishing because I'm going up tomorrow and I want to be on the right side

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Bite was real slow till I found the right hole jigged up 3 right away then my buddy got pissed and stole my hole and jigged up another she was talking to us all morning. My friend decided to take his spikes off and ended up feet up not to many guys out that we could see only 3 other guys out but plenty of ice gotta be at least 10 where we were

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Out on the lake in the am.Hope the bite is on.Gona search around the 50 and 60 foot flats.Will be on a black sled frail. :)

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #67 on: Jan 08, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Me to off eagle

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 10, 2014, 04:39 AM »
Had enough.   never seen such crapy fish in.Hitting the king its all yours good luck they have to get hungry sooner or later. ::)

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 10, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Tc5:  if you were out New Year's Day you'll know that they are there.  I fished both sat and Sunday with only 2-3 chasers both days.  1/1 on the other hand I had 15 chasers and three good fish in a 2 hour window.  If it wasn't my first time laker fishing with a vex I probably had an even better.  I was busy BSing when I noticed many more fish swimming away because my jig was just sitting there.
Like you said they will get hungry again.  Hopefully it's Saturday!

I'll wait out lake George.. I get nervous out there.

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit the b***hin and start fishin
« Reply #70 on: Jan 10, 2014, 12:22 PM »
Looking for info on how to catch the smelt in the lake ? What do I use ? Where do I find them ? I have a marcum so that should help a little let me know. !

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2014, 12:24 PM »
Looking for info on how to catch the smelt in the lake ? What do I use ? Where do I find them ? I have a marcum so that should help a little let me know. !

most smelt I have seen here are way smaller than what I am use to, I remember catching them all through water column 50+ ft deep using halis
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Thanks !! Any tips for the salmon ? Never fished them before but it's worth a shot ! I've caught lakers who're but have no idea how to set up for salmon , what depths ? Bait ?

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:00 PM »
On Schroon salmon are found cruising just under the ice in front of brooks or over deep water, but really can be found anywhere on this lake.  Icicles, small smelt, or little minnows fished under the ice to 12 ft. under, small trebles, and a very smooth spooling tip-up are the usual set ups  for these fish
Tony

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:30 AM »
Tc5:  if you were out New Year's Day you'll know that they are there.  I fished both sat and Sunday with only 2-3 chasers both days.  1/1 on the other hand I had 15 chasers and three good fish in a 2 hour window.  If it wasn't my first time laker fishing with a vex I probably had an even better.  I was busy BSing when I noticed many more fish swimming away because my jig was just sitting there.
Like you said they will get hungry again.  Hopefully it's Saturday!

I'll wait out lake George.. I get nervous out there.
I was out there but not in the right place.The king worked out great.4 nice lakers in an hour. ;D

Offline Icelife4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 11, 2014, 03:16 PM »
How's the ice looking with this rain ?? Shorelines holding up ??

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Shore is wet.  A few inches of water is all.  Ice is just fine.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #77 on: Jan 13, 2014, 11:29 PM »
ill be at eagle in the morning... wish me luck

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Man im starting to feel bad for Schroon Lake.  With all the different threads on here this lake looks like it has been getting pounded by fisherman.  The fish have got to be feeling the pressure and i would assume thats why the fishing has gone down hill.  Between last year and this year with poor conditions on Lake George this poor lake is taking a beating. 

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:40 PM »
Man im starting to feel bad for Schroon Lake.  With all the different threads on here this lake looks like it has been getting pounded by fisherman.  The fish have got to be feeling the pressure and i would assume thats why the fishing has gone down hill.  Between last year and this year with poor conditions on Lake George this poor lake is taking a beating.

Not really, vast areas on Schroon remain unfished, the best areas, IMO, no one goes to.  (hint, hint, hint)
Tony

JJ

« Reply #80 on: Jan 14, 2014, 04:03 PM »
I agree, we've been having mild winters for over 15 years now, this one has been better than average and a pretty early start for LG. Besides the trout and salmon fishery on Schroon is put & take, mostly stocked fish.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #81 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:24 PM »
its a big lake to. it would take 1000 guys all year to really hurt the population.

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Im not saying its hurting the population, just pressuring the fish alot.  Ive seen alot of guys posting that the fishing is really slow for schroon or they have alot of lookers on the flasher but no takers.  From what i make of it,most of the lake trout and salmon fisherman around here is if LG doesnt have good/alot of ice they are fishing schroon. 

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #83 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:05 PM »
there r tons of places where no one fishes. the lakers there r always a pain to get them to commit. the omly thing i can not find is keeper perch. tons of dinks. good luck to anyone who goes out there!

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Im not saying its hurting the population, just pressuring the fish alot.  Ive seen alot of guys posting that the fishing is really slow for schroon or they have alot of lookers on the flasher but no takers.  From what i make of it,most of the lake trout and salmon fisherman around here is if LG doesnt have good/alot of ice they are fishing schroon.

All we did is educate a couple of lakers. No biggie.  ;)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:24 AM »
Too bad you can't get out on schroon the shorelines are shot...

Offline fishnfool59

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:32 AM »
you can get out on schroon but its tough. i got tuesday and yesterday. i got on off the docks by the launch. no problem. can't say how its gonna be by tomorrow tho.
help protect and keep our great outdoors clean!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:56 AM »
I was down there yesterday at like 4:30 am couldn't find a spot... Deffinitly nasty out there stepped on why I thought was a solid peice if ice on the shore and it was just slush got my boot wet so I quit looking for a spot an went elsewhere.. Be safe guys bring a plank

Offline glenn1776

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:58 PM »
good week to be out!

Flag Up

Offline Schroon_Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 29, 2014, 02:21 PM »
How thick is the ice on Schroon. With the cold spell the Ice has to be real thick by now. Is there a lot of snow on the lake as well? Looking to get up there this weekend with my son.

Thanks for any updates!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.