New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Big bay. Oneida lake.  (Read 13813 times)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
Re: Big bay. Oneida lake.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Whooooooooooo AHaaaaaaaaaaa. we will all follow ;) there will be 50,000 other fisherman that will take that course by saturday i am sure. i will track myself north i think until this up rising is secure ::) ::) @) ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline BROOKIEGILLY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Spoke with an ECON that was going out to check licences there today, he stated that the sign says D.E.C on it and is not a D.E.C sign. He also said it is a 10' right of way, legal to use.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »
well then that sign needs to be removed then ;) ;)

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Spoke with an ECON that was going out to check licences there today, he stated that the sign says D.E.C on it and is not a D.E.C sign. He also said it is a 10' right of way, legal to use.

Like I thought...Somebody is up to something ::) ::)

I have friends and family in that neighborhood who have these "deeded " right of ways...There is NO STIPULATION on the deeds, stating property owners ONLY... :wacko:

Their friends/family and guests can access the lake through those areas.

As far as they are concerned, if you pay for parking at the Kangaroo Lot, you are a friend/guest of THAT PROPERTY, which is also deeded access.  @)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:30 PM »
well it looks like the dec wasted our money putting up that sign then does it not ??? ??? ??? ??? i mean really why bother ???

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Its looks like the sign didnt last long, i think dec took it down, i saw his suv at ship n shore bar when i left, also be very cautious as i witnessed someone go thru today. I would stay off it for now.
Murph

Offline dream_big_outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:46 PM »
so who will be out in the morning?

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Its looks like the sign didnt last long, i think dec took it down, i saw his suv at ship n shore bar when i left, also be very cautious as i witnessed someone go thru today. I would stay off it for now.
Murph
That was me swimming today.... :-[ :-[  It gets a little thin over that way.. :whistle:

My stuff will be dry and I will go almost as far tomorrow..  ;D

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:53 PM »
Ur nuts, good luck

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:06 PM »

just  wondering  what  officer  you  spoke  too  it  helps  if  a  land  owner  calls  the  sheriffs  to  have  the  dec  officers  name  handy

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Ha ha that's a trooper right if at first you don't succeed try again . Love it !

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:16 PM »
i  hope  the  dec   investigates   who  is  placing   signs   using  the  dec  ...  this   has  to  be  a  offance  in  it's  self

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:22 PM »
yes it is forgery  >:(

Offline SUNYESF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:45 PM »
I was told tonight by someone that called the number on the sign for region 7 that the dec put the sign there becuase they were under the assumption that it was private but took it down because they too figured out its owned by the town

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Glad the access issue was straightened out. Hope everyone stays dry this weekend too.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Mrs filet checked it out on the tax maps  and talked to the lady incharge of region 7 this morning  and they told her they would check into it , nothing like one state agency talking to another  ;) I'm glad the sign is down and remember people are sleeping early in the morning ,

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:26 AM »
ya  know  wouldn't  hurt  if  a  few  people   just  stoped  and  talked  to  the  gentleman  ...  i  know  people  got  in his wood  last  year  and  tossed  it  so  they  could  get  accross  without  getting  wet  feet!  i  also  know  i  picked  up  alot  of  trash  right  threw  there  .... to  be  honest  if  i  had  people  walking  near  my  home  grabbing  wood  i  would  be   upset  too

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:57 AM »
ya  know  wouldn't  hurt  if  a  few  people   just  stoped  and  talked  to  the  gentleman  ...  i  know  people  got  in his wood  last  year  and  tossed  it  so  they  could  get  accross  without  getting  wet  feet!  i  also  know  i  picked  up  alot  of  trash  right  threw  there  .... to  be  honest  if  i  had  people  walking  near  my  home  grabbing  wood  i  would  be   upset  too

You are 100% right. Just because we may have the "legal" right to use it dosnt mean we get to ransack everything around it. Likely if we, as a whole were more considerate to others around our access areas we would have less problems getting on and probably more access. Think what u would like to see there if it was your home that backed up to that.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2013, 06:30 AM »
Thats the problem with public access.  scum bags ruin it with.  People cant pick up after themselves and think they can do what they want and not follow rules.  It effects the local people.  I wouldnt want people touching my stuff on my property or parking in my yard or doing whatever else.  This is why public access spots are getting harder and harder to come by. It is the same things with snowmobile trails and atv trails etc.  People cant have respect for others.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:04 PM »
Three guys went swimming today.. Ill say it again.. Stay of the bay.. Nuff said

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:09 PM »
sometimes  that   back   corner  freezes   funny  too  ....be  careful  out  there   boys

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Trapper....someone lifted up your rock and you crawled out ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #52 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:14 PM »
That's why I fished elsewhere today !!! Once was enough yesterday having a buddy on top one minute, under the next and on his way home shortly thereafter that

DOH
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:45 PM »
Trapper....someone lifted up your rock and you crawled out ;D

RG

other  then  some  bunny  hunting   my  hunting  is  done  RG  so  now  fishing   time  again  ;D

Offline ajsdad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:09 PM »
three guys went in at dark we needed a boat to get their stuff out (luckily it floated). BE CAREFULL!! go fishing not floating

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:29 PM »

wasn't this discussed yesterday about ice conditions on BB ? don't worry darwin will be looking for canidates on Sun. ::)

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:38 PM »
often right of ways are specific to people that live on the street or with in so many ft of the right of way. If its open to the public it should say Public access to Lake.  Public parking is another thing.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:09 PM »
thats  true   except    any  sign  would  be  torn   down  this  is  a  town  owned   culvert  pipe   between  to  parcels  of  land  ,  and  the  people  using  this   right  of  way  are   paying  another   land  owner  to  park  ,  this   debate  has  gone  on  for  years  and  the  town  always  has  backed  the  fisherman  ...  the  problem  is    this   land  owner  has  some  honest  complaints  ....  like  the  noise   like  the  trash  and  like   the   wood   being  used  ....  interesting  note  the  DEC  uses   this  access  to  get  on  the  water  also  .....  as   sportssmen  if  we  want  it  to  stay  open   ...  we  have  to  pick  up  after  the  slops  we  have  to  tell  people  hey  keep  it   down  !   we  have  to  police  it  a  little  you  see  the  mans  wood   moved  put  it  back  or  at  least  knock  on  his  door  and  offer  to  help! 

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:18 PM »
thats  true   except    any  sign  would  be  torn   down  this  is  a  town  owned   culvert  pipe   between  to  parcels  of  land  ,  and  the  people  using  this   right  of  way  are   paying  another   land  owner  to  park  ,  this   debate  has  gone  on  for  years  and  the  town  always  has  backed  the  fisherman  ...  the  problem  is    this   land  owner  has  some  honest  complaints  ....  like  the  noise   like  the  trash  and  like   the   wood   being  used  ....  interesting  note  the  DEC  uses   this  access  to  get  on  the  water  also  .....  as   sportssmen  if  we  want  it  to  stay  open   ...  we  have  to  pick  up  after  the  slops  we  have  to  tell  people  hey  keep  it   down  !   we  have  to  police  it  a  little  you  see  the  mans  wood   moved  put  it  back  or  at  least  knock  on  his  door  and  offer  to  help!
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #59 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:29 PM »

Here here!!    :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.