New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Trapping bait  (Read 1265 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Trapping bait
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Sounded like the OP was asking about trapping bait for fishing to me. ???

i  misread  it  is  all  thats  why i  was  saying  no  roy  =))

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:56 PM »
anyone know how to become a certified bait seller and how you obtain a certification or bait license and where you can get them if you do become a lisenced seller of certified bait fish?

its on the dec site somewhere it's like $3 for a license but I'm sure there is some stipulation or something that you would have to go through.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:36 PM »
But what if  ??? , since there are no restrictions on trapping bait, I used uncertified bait to bait my trap to trap my bait?  :whistle: ..... sorry. Who's on first?    :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:38 PM »
But what if  ??? , since there are no restrictions on trapping bait, I used uncertified bait to bait my trap to trap my bait?  :whistle: ..... sorry. Who's on first?    :tipup:

whats on second?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Retired ECO

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Loudmouth789: to answer your question, you have trapped your bait with a minnow trap, want to use what you caught in the same body of water, how does an ECO tell that this is legit ?? When I was in the field we used our night stick to render said angler unconscious, then administered truth serum. I don't know if that is allowed anymore ?? Capt JJ: Your answer is the best I have seen and makes the most sense to me. Also, I have several ponds on our property and used to trap all my bait. Not anymore !! Went mostly to plastic's, when I do use bait, just like you, I visit my friendly bait shop. Lastly, Buckzone 101: want to find out about selling certified bait, call your regional office, ask for fisheries and they will send you out a packet with all the information and address for "special licenses"  Good luck.   JTP

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Loudmouth789: to answer your question, you have trapped your bait with a minnow trap, want to use what you caught in the same body of water, how does an ECO tell that this is legit ?? When I was in the field we used our night stick to render said angler unconscious, then administered truth serum. I don't know if that is allowed anymore ?? ............   JTP
LOL!  Bet you knew Brooksie. :tipup:
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline buckzone101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T.Warrington Outdoors
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:27 PM »
thanks im going to look into that more!!
INSTAGRAM@ twarringtonoutdoors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.