The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: IDENTIFY THIS AUGER  (Read 7352 times)

Offline IceShantyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
IDENTIFY THIS AUGER
« on: Nov 28, 2004, 12:12 PM »
I JUST BOUGHT AN AUGER (50 BUCKS AND AN OLD ROTTED POP UP CAMPER)
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS THIS OR KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AUGER
MAGNUM III
MODEL 107   33cc
Tecumsen engine
OPE
osceola power equipment
out of WI
WHAT WOULD THE GAS OIL MIX BE IT'S A 5oz tank w/ 8" blade
found no serial ####'s
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a ride!" (author unknown)

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re: IDENTIFY THIS AUGER
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2004, 12:27 PM »
If it's a Tecumseh, your fuel mix would be 24:1. There were a lot of augers made in the 70's that were marketed under different names. If you can post a picture, it would probably help. I had an 3hp "Ice King" auger that was basically a Jiffy painted another color. Depending on the blade and rotation you may be able to use a Jiffy or Strikemaster blade. If I saw a pic I could tell you for sure.

Bob

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2004, 04:25 PM »
If you're not sure of the oil mix you can go with the Opti 2 oil. It covers the entire range and it runs cleaner. JMO
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2004, 07:46 PM »
Lonewolf has the right idea, Opti2 at their recommended rate will look after your auger, no matter what kind!!!!

Offline ajwiez2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bullgills
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2004, 01:06 AM »
I think it is a strike master Magnum 111  and as far as  the oil to gas mix  if you were to use amsoil 100:1 you would have the best protection you could get and it runs clean so you won't be in a cloud of smoke when you drill holes .send me an email at [email protected] and I can set you up with some. I have the same auger and have ran it 18yrs.
grab the gaff

Offline IceShantyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2004, 12:49 PM »
If it's a Tecumseh, your fuel mix would be 24:1. There were a lot of augers made in the 70's that were marketed under different names. If you can post a picture, it would probably help. I had an 3hp "Ice King" auger that was basically a Jiffy painted another color. Depending on the blade and rotation you may be able to use a Jiffy or Strikemaster blade. If I saw a pic I could tell you for sure.

Bob
http://hometown.aol.com/martyg7162/
theres a pic on the botton left of this link
mar t
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a ride!" (author unknown)

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Iceshantyman--your auger looks the same as mine but,mine is marked OPE Magnum IIIplus @ 49cc.It is a tecumseh engine and mine is marked 24:1 oil mix but as the guys have said there are some better oils nowadays. These augers must have been made yrs ago. I bought this one 2nd hand yrs ago and it's been a gem -starts 2nd pull,everytime. I put a new plug in every year and always use gas stabilizer. I had a 3in earth auger built and use it for putting in posts. I have the idea that the ice auger was replaced on mine at some time because it's a blue color and seems newer than the rest-I just buy eskimo blades and they seem to work.Good luck with yours...hope it works as good as mine has.

Offline IceShantyMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2004, 10:40 PM »
YEAH IT'S PRETTY MUCH THE SAME ONE AND IT LOOKS AS THOU THE 24:1 MIX IS RIGHT

Offline slapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2005, 11:14 AM »
I have the same auger .. It was my grandfathers .. I acquired it after he passed away .. last weekend my dad gave the original book for it (pretty cool ) he bought it in 1982 and it still starts the first or second pull everytime .. I have found all the replacement parts for it on the strikemaster website .. it was originally called  Ice Master .. fuel mixture for regular gas and oil is 24:1 .. hope this helps
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.