The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: gibralter n gross ille  (Read 1033 times)

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
gibralter n gross ille
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Just wondering how the fishing has been in the lower section of the detroit river now that theres some ok ice in some of the small channels and bays.... went out today and only got a few small ones.... ???

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: gibralter n gross ille
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:12 AM »
any perch....pike???? anybody fish this area?????????? plz pm if you dont want to put it on the forum THNX

flockshot

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:19 AM »
from what i hear you have to head a little bit futher south to find the hot bites..brest bay has been hit or miss..same with the banana dyke..but some good fish getting pulled out.

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:43 AM »
yeah we were at brest bay and it was deff a miss!!! dont know what the deal was? the guys we spoke to said the day befor where catchin limits all day. and i only over heard one guy that said he was there all day and had 3 but i may try it again. just for some giggles.. doesnt look like we'll need a helicopter ride for a while..

flockshot

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:44 AM »
ice is looking very good thats for sure. well best of luck to yah where ever you end up.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Airport Bay can be great, but not enough ice around to try. You might want to wait till next year for the river unless you have a boat.

Offline littleworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:51 AM »
have u been on they bay yet??? how much ice is on it.. seen a few shanties but i stayed in ford marina tryin to get some perch.. didnt work out so well but there is almost a foot of ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.