Author Topic: Who had some luck today?  (Read 924 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Who had some luck today?
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Anyone find some decent fishable waters despite the warm temps?

Offline skunked

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who had some luck today?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Went to Opechee this afternoon with the girlfriend and our son. There was about 4-6" of white snow ice and maybe 2" of black ice. Not much for action though. 1 white perch, 1 wind flag, and while I was packing up (early..the small boy who is 2 filled his diaper up and we had to leave  :-X  >:( ) got another flag and missed it. All in all, it was a beautiful day on the ice.

I'm headed out first thing in the morning, not sure where too..any suggestions?
My water tastes like [email protected] kill the taste by adding malted barley, hops, and yeast..then its perfect!

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:57 AM »
Went to Opechee this afternoon with the girlfriend and our son. There was about 4-6" of white snow ice and maybe 2" of black ice. Not much for action though. 1 white perch, 1 wind flag, and while I was packing up (early..the small boy who is 2 filled his diaper up and we had to leave  :-X  >:( ) got another flag and missed it. All in all, it was a beautiful day on the ice.

I'm headed out first thing in the morning, not sure where too..any suggestions?

Where on Opeachee did you go? We fish the north end. We'll be walking on today by the pump house down the side road. We go to the far side, long walk. We don't even bring traps anymore. Where we fish on the lake the trap action is slow at best so with the walk we don't bother bringing the extra weight. Jig rod in 20' of water all the good eating size whites you could want. We figure to be out of there by noon. If you see us stop over and we'll filll you in on the Opeachee method of catching fish there, be they small they are d-licious and that is the size we are targeting.. Ocassional hook up with Bass , pics, and trout make it a little interesting at times too.

When we used to trap fish there we did get some corker Pics and bass along with trophy size whites and yellows, just too slow for me to bother with the extra weight. As staed we go stictly for the eating size Whites we have figured out pretty good.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline skunked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Hey Capt'n..I Didn't read your reply till after I got home this afternoon. I would love to know the secrets and where to catch fish on the Peach, because I haven't had much luck.
We went off on Bond beach and set traps from the beach and beyond!
Next time you go out give me a shout and show me "vexilar magic" and how its done!!  ;D
My water tastes like [email protected] kill the taste by adding malted barley, hops, and yeast..then its perfect!

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 09:26 PM »
had some good fishing today found 6 to 8 inches of ice jigged for about three hours got a nice 16 inch lg mouth some smaller one 7 crappie  acouple perch and some gills 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.