Author Topic: phillips jan 12th report  (Read 842 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
phillips jan 12th report
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 03:56 PM »
went to phillips today and enjoyed the best weather of the season......we were sitting on 8 inches of ice.........5 inches of black and 3 of white......the bass bite was hot......we finished with 13 bass and 2 pickeral......the biggest of the day was 3 pound 7 ounces........the egdes are all messed up...one guy came on with his quad by ramps.......plenty of ice once you get out there, but tough getting on......what a nice day.....no water, no slush..........perfect conditions for pulling your stuff.....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: phillips jan 12th report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2008, 04:00 PM »
You didn't go north this weekend???

We are heading up in the am if we can manage to open our eyes.

I'll post how we do. Hopefully a big bite before the storm!

Damn snow.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2008, 04:05 PM »
You didn't go north this weekend???

We are heading up in the am if we can manage to open our eyes.

I'll post how we do. Hopefully a big bite before the storm!

d**n snow.

Spike
WE STAYED LOCAL AND NEXT WEEKEND IS A LONG WEEKEND, SO WE ARE HEADING UP ON FRIDAY......YOU GOT TO LOVE THAT MARTIN LUTHER KING.......A MONDAY OFF IN JANUARY......CAPTAIN THE DAY WAS PERFECT.....I WISH WE WOULD OF COOKED TODAY......MY BUDDY IS JUST STARTING TO JIG.......HE FISHED WITH A GUY WITH A VEX THE OTHER DAY AND NOW HE IS HOOKED......BUT I PUT HIM ON THE BASS TODAY......STEADY FLAGS FROM 7 TO 4.....CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW......TAKING THE OLD LADIES COUSINS OUT TO LONG POND TOMORROW......I GUESS THEY LIVE THERE, BUT REALLY DON'T FISH....HAVE YOU FISHED IT BEFORE......I HEARD IN THE 80'S IT HAD DECENT BASS, BUT SOME PRESSURE HAS LIMITED THE SIZE......I WILL CHECK A MAP TONIGHT AND SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME DEPTH CHANGES.......GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2008, 09:08 PM »
WE STAYED LOCAL AND NEXT WEEKEND IS A LONG WEEKEND, SO WE ARE HEADING UP ON FRIDAY......YOU GOT TO LOVE THAT MARTIN LUTHER KING.......A MONDAY OFF IN JANUARY......CAPTAIN THE DAY WAS PERFECT.....I WISH WE WOULD OF COOKED TODAY......MY BUDDY IS JUST STARTING TO JIG.......HE FISHED WITH A GUY WITH A VEX THE OTHER DAY AND NOW HE IS HOOKED......BUT I PUT HIM ON THE BASS TODAY......STEADY FLAGS FROM 7 TO 4.....CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW......TAKING THE OLD LADIES COUSINS OUT TO LONG POND TOMORROW......I GUESS THEY LIVE THERE, BUT REALLY DON'T FISH....HAVE YOU FISHED IT BEFORE......I HEARD IN THE 80'S IT HAD DECENT BASS, BUT SOME PRESSURE HAS LIMITED THE SIZE......I WILL CHECK A MAP TONIGHT AND SEE IF I CAN FIND SOME DEPTH CHANGES.......GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
      Good to hear you had a good fishing day.We are headed out to Greenwood Pond Sunday went by to check it Saturday afternoon looked like nice ice no snow or slush.I will let ya know how it turned out
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:49 AM »
I fish Long and do ok there. Nothing huge but I hear its a better night pond. Fish the north end where the inlet comes in. I also guarentee you'll be entering a yellow perch for the IS tourney today. They are huge in there.

Heading up to Opeachee for eating fish, no mud pond table fare for me:).

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.