Author Topic: Swains Lake  (Read 1516 times)

Offline tundra1965

• IceShanty Rookie
Swains Lake
« on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:56 PM »
One of my guys at work wants to go out on Swains this weekend (sunday) right by the boat launch , says he driven by and is still frozen solid there. Remind first time ice fishing in Nh am curious any one fishes it or not?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Swains Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:03 PM »
i have never been there ice fishing, but i have been during open water and its my favorite place to fish in the state.......we can all tell stories of catching giant bass, but this place does have giant bass......i hit the spawn there two years ago and had a bag limit of about 20+pounds.......while waiting for my buddy chambers at the launch a bass showed its face to the left of the launch......i made a cast from the back of the boat and boom.......she weighed well into the 5's and maybe six...........we finished with 3 fives that day and we only fished to alittle past one........i say we, but chambers got skunked and i boated about 25 bass.......i still give him crap about it till this day.......in his defense he was just learning how to use a texas rigged brush hog
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Venzulo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get outta the house you lazy basstard!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I'm with Jibbs, I live in Nottingham so I consider this my "home" lake along with Pawtuckaway. I have had some hogs on myself, but never a 25 fish day. Brush hogs you say??

So icefishing, the real concern, and the reason I am not headed there tomorrow myself, is that the boat launch area is the most unstable spot on the lake ice-wise. There is a constant flow from the culvert, and it is generally the last spot to freeze. I;d be super careful heading out. Unless of course you have another place to park and get onto the lake.

If you go post your results!
Thanks,
-V

PS. We're headed to pleasant instead. Plenty of parking and regardless of ice we'll only be in 2 feet of water looking for Rainbows.
-V

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:35 PM »
yeah ive also never iced fished there but went once this past summer and it was a nice place , couple nice bass that day, alot of boats in the summer

Catch A Buzz

Offline tundra1965

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Thanks everyone , now am sorry never made it out on Swains last summer. He is checking the ice there and told him unless there is 6 or more inches at shoreline am not going out, Maybe just go out on Kingston lake , closer for me .

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2008, 09:24 AM »
i tried kingston lake (great pond) 2 weeks ago or so ..didnt get to much but people were hitting a few smallies and perch,nice place
drops right off once you get out of the boat ramp cove
i was fishing in 25 ft of water so thats prob why i didnt get much

Catch A Buzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.