Author Topic: Newfound this weekend?  (Read 847 times)

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
Newfound this weekend?
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Going back to Newfound this weekend.  The ice off Cummings beach should still be OK, but I think I'm going to stay close to shore in the shallow water. 
Because of this, I'm going to go strictly for Rainbows.  Has anyone fished Newfound using Salmon eggs close to shore for Rainbows?  3 red salmon eggs in each hole in 2' of water.  1 or 2 eggs on a #6 or #8 hook with 10lb green spiderwire.  I drove by the ice just north of Newfound Inn, but that Ice was very iffy last weekend.  I think I'll stay in Bristol bay, probably off Rt. 3 instead of westshore rd.  I never see anyone over there, but I'll give it a whirl.  The ice last weekend over there was 8 inches of slushy ice over 2" of black ice.  Kinda iffy, but if I fall through, I know I can stand up and dial for help. Yikes

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Newfound this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:10 AM »
I'm thinking of putting my house off of Cummings this weekend.  Does anyone know if there is any access to get a house on in that area?  Thanks
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:34 AM »
Newfound, I sent you a PM.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Last weekend the ice was not bad at all. Dustinfromnh and I got a solid foot of ice so there should be atleat 10" or so of west shore road. Although past Mayhew island its probably pretty spotty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.