Author Topic: hey pirkaus...haunted lake  (Read 1422 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
hey pirkaus...haunted lake
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 11:03 AM »
do you have a chance to drill a hole at haunted lake before saturday morning........might give that place a try......not a deep lake so it should freeze pretty well
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
Re: hey pirkaus...haunted lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Jibbs,

How have you done there ice fishing? I Ice fished that lake twice in the winter and the first time we fished out from the launch by the small island, and didn't do crap. The second time we fished the rocky cove near the public beach and at noon caught some nice small mouths. This was probably 10 years ago. I fish it a lot in the summer and do well with large mouths, I haven't caught a small mouth in there in years. I would be interested on how you do through the ice there. There are some huge blue gills in there, maybe big enough to win the ice shanty tournament with. Let me know if you go how you made out.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:04 PM »
Jibbs,

How have you done there ice fishing? I Ice fished that lake twice in the winter and the first time we fished out from the launch by the small island, and didn't do crap. The second time we fished the rocky cove near the public beach and at noon caught some nice small mouths. This was probably 10 years ago. I fish it a lot in the summer and do well with large mouths, I haven't caught a small mouth in there in years. I would be interested on how you do through the ice there. There are some huge blue gills in there, maybe big enough to win the ice shanty tournament with. Let me know if you go how you made out.
I HAVE NEVER ICE FISHED THE PLACE, BUT I HEARD THERE ARE SOME NICE LARGEMOUTH IN THERE. I WENT WITH PICKERAL BOY THIS FALL AND WE DID ALRIGHT........THAT LAUNCH AREA IS SOMETHING ELSE.........IF YOU CAN GET YOUR BOAT IN THERE......YOU CAN GET YOUR BOAT IN ANYWHERE.......IF I DO GO I PLAN ON GOING TO THE FAR END.......ITS A NICE FLAT THAT HAS ALOT OF UNDERWATER BLOOMS......I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES........DID YOU PARK AT THE TOWN BEACH AND IS THERE ENOUGH ROOM TO PARK A HAULMARK 8 BY 10 TRAILER AND TRUCK THERE?
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Jibbs,

It might be hard parking there in the winter with the snow banks, the town beach is your best bet for parking, but the beach down to the water is a little steep. The far end is the best fishing, that is were there are some nice blue gills also, I've caught them on top water plugs fishing for bass. I have a 17 foot bass tracker and I just make it in there, coming out is real fun, you have to back the trailer under the boat.

Good Luck

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I ice fished there probably 15 years ago and we caught some nice largemouths, but I haven't been back since.  I gotta start hitting some of these ponds I haven't fished in a while.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:54 AM »
Jibbs,

It might be hard parking there in the winter with the snow banks, the town beach is your best bet for parking, but the beach down to the water is a little steep. The far end is the best fishing, that is were there are some nice blue gills also, I've caught them on top water plugs fishing for bass. I have a 17 foot bass tracker and I just make it in there, coming out is real fun, you have to back the trailer under the boat.

Good Luck
I HAVE A BASS TRACKER AS WELL AND THE BEAVERS HAVE REALLY CLOGGED UP THAT ENTRY WAY.......THE GAS MOTOR WAS SPITTING UP MUD AND STICKS........AT FIRST I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO GET STUCK.......AS FOR LOADING THE BOAT........WE DID THE SAME........THERE IS JUST ENOUGH WATER THERE TO GET THINGS DONE......COOL ADVENTURE THOUGH AND LETS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO WITH YOUR BOAT........I WOULDN'T ENTER THAT LAKE BY MYSELF THOUGH........

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:23 PM »
I got stuck on a weed mass out where it opens up. NHFishah took his dog to the vet (long, funny story) and I fished his boat all day. Coming back in is when I got hung up. Haven't got anything big in there except the bluegils. They are huge there. I bet it's a great night lake.
But I olnly fished it twice too.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I fish there a lot during open water. Have had 50 fish days there. Lots of small largemouth, however they fight like smallies. Biggest largie I've ever caught there was only 3.5 pounds but heard of a 4. One of my favorite local lakes. I have only ice fished there once and it was in late winter. The ice was opening up as we were out there on a hot day and we called it before even setting up and went to deering instead.

Also, when you launch what you have to do is turn the boat as you take off / put on the trailer. And as you head out to the lake, stay to the left of the channel. It is deaper and the mud is softer right there (because yours truly got out with a shovel one year and dug it out a little more :) ). I used to launch my 19 foot bass boat there all the time. Never had a problem getting in.

Now the parking is another story all together.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.