Author Topic: Where too this weekend?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Where too this weekend?
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I'm wondering what everyones' plans are for the weekend.  I don't know how many people are going to be out with the weather we're having/getting and I don't know where it's still safe to fish.  Any ideas or thoughts?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Where too this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2008, 10:49 AM »
i would think every place you have been fishing this year is still safe.....i am up in the air......thinking of going to  mirror lake
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Most likely Opeachee for some white perch. It would be nice to eat them up during the Patriots game.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2008, 12:50 PM »
well.... not sure if im going to head to the big lake for some bows or hit a local pond to try and find some smallies.

~Stefan~

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Gonna try to nail the crappies on Clement Pond Saturday night or Sunday morning.  I coach my son's basketball team, and we have a game Saturday late morning and practice Sunday late afternoon.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2008, 01:33 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I want to try for brookies.  There are only 3 entries for the tourney for brook trout.  I might check out White Lake and Tamworth.  I'll do some more homework too.  If that doesn't work, I'll try Alton Bay on the way home.  If there's enough ice, I should be able to get to my normal spot and jig up some lakers.  Maybe drop down some cusk devices for the day.  

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:08 PM »
lunar, charts say this weekend is gonna be the best fishing of the month. I am definetly gonna do silver one day, I wouldnt mind headig to alton bay one of the days either. I am addicted to lakers for the time being, and really want a cusk too, I jigged for a bit after sunset off a rocky point on silver with nothing to show for it.

y'all think alton will hold up through all this warm and wet?  if so, how frikin wet is it gonna be out there? I think I burried my water wingies in sotrage for the winter!

anyone interested in silver or alton?

~Neal

Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline PSUfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:20 PM »
i'l be hitting Mascoma sunday then either the Conn. River or mascoma again monday

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:20 PM »
I'm going to try to make it to Clement pond. Maybe Saturday or Sunday morning.

At the very least I'm definitely getting out.

-Brian

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:39 AM »
I'm going to try to make it to Clement pond. Maybe Saturday or Sunday morning.
-Brian

It looks more and more like Sunday morning for me on Clement.  I drive a green Tundra, and I'll be about 150 yards directly in front of that yellow camp...stop by and say "Hi" if you are there.  I'll point out some good spots on the lake for ya.

Ken

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:45 AM »
I wonder how all this rain is going to affect the ice.  Not so much the thickness, but also just the conditions.  Might be pretty slick/slushly this weekend.

Offline JrodSpice7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:53 AM »
Crappies for me this weekend at Bellamy. Checked few places wednesday around Ossipee and down to Bellamy and everything was still nice and locked up, not much slush. It's freezin back up at night up there so we'll be fine. Wear your spikes w/all this rain though

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:56 AM »
Thanks Ken. I will look for you. Hoping to find the access 1st. I will celebrate victoriously just achieving that milestone. :) Thanks for you help in the other thread on that btw. I drive a green ranger and will likely have my son with me as well.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Thanks Ken. I will look for you. Hoping to find the access 1st. I will celebrate victoriously just achieving that milestone. :) Thanks for you help in the other thread on that btw. I drive a green ranger and will likely have my son with me as well.

Cool beans, I'll be parking on Camp Merrimack road (the one with the sign for the Greek Orthodox Church).  There haven't been a lot of people out on that ice, so I'm sure there will be plenty of room to park where I'm gonna be.  You should be able to park right behind me.  I would normally have my boys with me as well, but my wife wants a bit more ice before she lets them go  ::)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:45 AM »
i checked phillips last night and it was frozen over with no slush.........there was a small layer of ice then water when you stepped, but nothing to freak out about (i had sneakers on, if that helps)...........the way i see it nothing can be worse then the beginning of this season
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:58 AM »
the way i see it nothing can be worse then the beginning of this season

I dunno Jibbs, I don't even think we had any ice at this point last year

Offline beeman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:06 AM »
How is the ice on Masacoma? I was thinking of hitting it early on Saturday.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I dunno Jibbs, I don't even think we had any ice at this point last year
VERY TRUE, BUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR WAS BRUTAL......A FOOT IN AND HALF OF SLUSH, TWO INCHES OF ICE AND THEN BREAKING INTO THE SLUSH, SHREDDED SORELS FROM BREAKING THROUGH, PULLING MY CRAP...........IT HAS BEEN LUXURY THESE  PAST FEW WEEKENDS........TOMORR OW WILL BE THE SAME........THERE IS NO SNOW, WHICH MEANS NO SLUSH AND I AM SURE THE COLD TEMPS WILL KEEP IT HARD IN THE AM.........BUT AS IT WARMS UP THINGS COULD GET GROSS

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I have tomorrow some what figured out.  I'm going to try Stinson and Newfound Lake, both in the same area.  Should be able to get a whole day on the ice.

Still trying to figure out Sunday.  I have a question for you warmwater fish guys, where are some decent spots on Canobie or Cobbetts?  I have to meet a friend from Methuen for his birthday at 5pm and I was hoping to either get a whole day or catch the PM bite on a good bass pond.  Suggestions?

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2008, 04:01 PM »
I have tomorrow some what figured out.  I'm going to try Stinson and Newfound Lake, both in the same area.  Should be able to get a whole day on the ice.

Still trying to figure out Sunday.  I have a question for you warmwater fish guys, where are some decent spots on Canobie or Cobbetts?  I have to meet a friend from Methuen for his birthday at 5pm and I was hoping to either get a whole day or catch the PM bite on a good bass pond.  Suggestions?
i have good luck for bass anywhere on cobbetts and the far cove by the launch on canobie is good...  i havent fish canobie that much thow and at cobbetts keep the bait at least 10ft of the bottom..  alot of perch there bait robbers and maybe u can pick up a bow or brown???  hope this helps  shaun

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2008, 04:35 PM »
you guys be carefull i checked a few ponds today and the shorelines are turning to crap ...still good ice once you get out but be carefull getting on and off

Catch A Buzz

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:17 PM »
you guys be carefull i checked a few ponds today and the shorelines are turning to crap ...still good ice once you get out but be carefull getting on and off

What he said again! LOL.
We got a ton of rain today. We are heading to Basspro shops in the morning. Maybe Sunday fish up north.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline PSUfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:56 PM »
How is the ice on Masacoma? I was thinking of hitting it early on Saturday.

monday there was nine inches right out in the middle so there was probably some melt since then but its still prob fine...what are you goingt to be targeting there beeman1?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:09 PM »
As far as Canobie Goes
I believe the ramp on the Windham side is private/residents but you could probably walk over from the pumping station if you are up to it. Not sure on the ice conditions there lately?? But in the past I have had good luck  at the point outside the cove on the Windham ramp side. Some large Bass/Pickerel/Perch.  Sometimes Rainbows along the North Policy side.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:15 PM »
I looked at Massabesic tonight on my way home and all the ice by the shoreline has melted. 

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:19 PM »
yep i went on the ice there yesterday belive it or not...
i jumped onto a log..then a rock ...then to the ice  :laugh:
need a nice long plank

Catch A Buzz

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:30 PM »
fished alton tonight for some cusk.  didnt stay long.  no action.   I gotta tell ya the people with houses out there are brave.   im not sure where you guys had 10in.   but were out by the markers at the bridge where there are 2 houses and there is maybe 5in of white crapy ice and 1in of black.   And now it looks like we are going to get dumped on again.  its not looking to be a good year so far. 

~Stefan~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.