Author Topic: Northwood Lake  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
Northwood Lake
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:48 AM »
 Anyone out there got a good spot to park to fish Northwood Lake was hoping to find a spot big enough to take the four wheeler trailer and unload.Was gonna fish it this weekend but may hold off a week to see about the colder weather to make sure the ice is still thick enough to support the weight
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northwood Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:27 AM »
 Geeeessssh not one reply on a parking spot?No one fishes Northwood Lake?  :-\
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:34 AM »
Not in the winter...if I'm over that way, I'd rather fish Harvey Lake or Little Bow.

Not sure if the public boat launch across from the hardware store is open right now or not...I think that is the only public access to the lake. 

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:51 AM »
I have ice fished here before but it has been a couple of years. The ramp was open / park out on the road. Should be room now with all of this rain. The times I have gone there I got plenty of exercise chasing flags. Good luck if you go there. The nice part is that there are so many other lakes in the area that if you do have an access problem that it is a 10 minute drive to other lakes nearby. But I think it should be accessible.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:50 AM »
HEY SALMONSEEKER, HE IS PROBABLY RIGHT.......WITH THE SNOW BANKS DISAPPEARING YOU COULD PROBABLY PARK WHERE EVERYBODY HAS THEIR BOATS IN THE SUMMER......STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:11 AM »
HEY SALMONSEEKER, HE IS PROBABLY RIGHT.......WITH THE SNOW BANKS DISAPPEARING YOU COULD PROBABLY PARK WHERE EVERYBODY HAS THEIR BOATS IN THE SUMMER......STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP
                Hey Jibbs sorry to hear about you being down for the day.Hope you can rally around for the weekend.This rain isn't helping the conditions around here.Up north maybe a bit colder haven't heard anything about that.
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:14 AM »
 Thanks to all for the info on parking
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:26 AM »
                Hey Jibbs sorry to hear about you being down for the day.Hope you can rally around for the weekend.This rain isn't helping the conditions around here.Up north maybe a bit colder haven't heard anything about that.
HEY BUDDY, YOU KNOW ME.........I WILL BE OUT THERE NO MATTER WHAT........THOSE DARN KIDS LOVE GETTING ME SICK..........
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Hey Guys,

I live right between Northwood Lake and Pleasant. Alotta people fish Pleasant but you never really see too many out on Northwood. Ive fished here a few times in the past. Lotta pickerel through the ice some Lg mouth. Have had better luck with the Small mouth in the summer.
There's some decent fish here, Kinda suprised it's so slow in winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.