Author Topic: stumpfield  (Read 1171 times)

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
stumpfield
« on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:17 PM »
anyone have much luck at stumpfield marsh through the ice?  any advice would be great, never fished it during hardwater and might give it a try while down in the concord area.
>))))))>

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
Re: stumpfield
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Stumpfield is hit or miss I hear.   
The one time I've been ice fishing there I had good luck.   
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:22 AM »
I live a half mile from stumpfield and have had pretty good catches of bass, pickerel and crappie there.  With all the snow/slush it is a mess right now though.  A foot of snow covering 8" of slush...not the best fishing conditions.  There have been a couple groups of people fishing near the bridge and by the canoe launch though.

The Army Corps of Engineers have signs posted all around the pond warning people about the presence of Blue-Green Algea in there.  Not sure what the cold does to this algea, if it kills it or not...so I would not keep anything I caught out of it right now.

Offline cusker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Never been denied at Stumpfield Marsh.  Great largemouth and pics.  Got a 7# largie there.  Bring the biggest minnows you can find.

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Blue green algae can be very toxic especially to dogs. It can have effects on humans too. I wouldn't keep any fish to eat .
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Thats good to know thanks wont be bringing the labs there don't want them drinking the water
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.