Author Topic: Loon Cove wreck  (Read 1247 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Loon Cove wreck
« on: Jan 01, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Anyone ever fished it? I heard from a guy last year that there was a wreck of the point next to loon cove on winni in about 30 FOW, looks like a pretty good area for all species of fish?

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
Re: Loon Cove wreck
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I fished loon cove, from sunrise to sunset, 3 days in a row. 2 pearch, and two salmon. I fished it derby weekend, didnt see more then ten flags fly between alllllll of the guys put together. pretty cool spot, you get to watch the plans and it isnt toooo hectic, but I didn't find the fishing to be all that productive for me.... or 30 others.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:59 PM »
oops, forgot this part, as far as the wreck is concerned I did see three shacks so close the guys could hold hands, and they had there traps in a pretty tight little circle, (like, a circle as big as an ice shack) I woundered what brought em all there, sounds a wreck makes sense, didnt see many flags flying for them either though

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Fished loon cove a lot last year. I probably wont do it a gain. We caought maybe 8 lakers 1 cusk very tiny and 1 perch and there sure was no shortage of salmon.gonna try paugus this year.

Offline MonktonMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:25 PM »
I fished it with pipes last year, and with another buddy 3 years ago.
Tons of salmon last year, and a bow the fri before derby.

3 yrs ago a ton of pickeral, and salmon. 

Last year we were on the hump about 50 yds from the wreck.  (marked with buoys).  I see shanties on the wreck every year, but I rarely see them chasing flags.  You'd think the place would produce.  Real sandy and shallow near the shore.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Exactly, I cant figure that place out, lots of humps, a wreck and a nice sandy cove with a incoming creek...sounds like an icefishing paradise, I just cant figure that place out. :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.