Author Topic: Homemade Ice Castle  (Read 858 times)

Offline WalleyeWings

• IceShanty Rookie
Homemade Ice Castle
« on: Dec 10, 2022, 04:50 PM »
Hello everyone, this is an odd question. We are creating our own version of an “Ice Castle” on a trailer that we had around the farm. The only thing is the trailer will not drop down to the ice? Does anyone have any recommendations like adding a skirt to it to keep heat in or having a pipe drop down to the hole? Any help is amazing! Thank you in advance. Tight lines.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Homemade Ice Castle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2022, 04:59 PM »
I used 10" schedule 40 PVC down to the ice. Some folks cut the bottom out of 5 gallon  buckets for this. An RV Jack on each corner works well to stabilize the trailer.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2022, 05:10 PM »
You could put some fold down 1/4 or 3/8 plywood fold down skirts on the trailer.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2022, 08:33 PM »
Unless you have all the materials to put on that trailer I would recommend you don’t do it. I know a real trailer will be expensive but odds are you never be happy with what you’ll have after HOURS & HOURS of hard work.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2022, 09:56 PM »
YouTube for minndak outdoors as their buddy had an enclosed trailer that he made I Toma shanty and he bought some drop down tubes for his and said it worked great.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2022, 09:57 PM »
Unless you have all the materials to put on that trailer I would recommend you don’t do it. I know a real trailer will be expensive but odds are you never be happy with what you’ll have after HOURS & HOURS of hard work.

Agree. I haven't seen to many people happy with trailers that don't drop down to the ice. To hard to really button up that gap to keep everything warm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.