Author Topic: livescope accessories - Canada (pole, cable saver, transducer cover)  (Read 1168 times)

Offline ride.race.live

• IceShanty Rookie
Ive been searching online for options  but seems like 99% of any aftermarket accessories are coming from the USA.

Are there any Canadian shops aside from Arc lab motorsports that offer ice fishing equipment for the LVS32?

While I do like the quality of arc lab  the prices are outside my budget.  (about double the cost of summit's pole)

Summit seems like the way to  go as far as bang for your buck  but I'm also a little wearing on getting hit with all the bogus fee's once the items hit our border.

Ideally looking for  Transducer cover, Cable saver, ice fishing pole set up.

I have my own shuttle built   but looking at options for the other stuff.

Thanks!

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
I agree 100% with everything you said, line by line.  I will say that at least for my application the Summit pole is the way to go, it quickly collapses into itself and fits easily in my rod bag, the Arc lab pole looks to be quality, but lacks the convenience factor.  I think it is worth the extra shipping costs that we suffer to go with the Summit.  Is there any chance you might have friends going to the US near term?  if so, maybe you could make arrangements to have things shipped to the US side and have your friend's pay duty when they bring it across.

Offline ride.race.live

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah its unlikely ill be able to get someone to do that as I dont know anyone traveling there not anytime soon at least.

Arc labs tripod and transducer mount is actually well priced when comparing them to the cost of the 3d printed stuff.   85 for the tripod and 80 for the mount plus shipping.   while the 3d printed stuff is usually sitting around the 40-50$ mark plus shipping.

Its the pole they offer that starts driving the cost up fast.

I may be able to make my own pole and tripod through a friends shop.  would just need to purchase the transducer mount  though i'd need to know the OD of the mount to know what size pole I need to make. 

As far as convenience im not overly worried as I tend to lug out a lot of equipment as it is. I use a snowmobile if im going for a far hike as well.   All i would have to deal with is removing the transducer then throwing the pole in my towing sleigh.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
We are all in different situations. With the snow our area gets a snowmobile is the main mode of transportation to my ice shack, or any of the remote lakes, so convenience and space saving is important. I usually avoid pulling a sleigh unless taking supplies to a cabin.  I like the summit pole because it telescopes, no extra poles to deal with when the ice gets thick and the tri-pod arms fold-in, no disassembly other than taking the transducer off which is just a matter of pulling a pin. 

Offline ride.race.live

• IceShanty Rookie
Yeah agreed!

Time will tell non the less.  9 times out of 10 I usually go out with a group so we tend to plan our trips out to be a little more efficient  no point for everyone to bring their own auger / tent / heater etc...   

My buddy is supposed to fab a transducer pole for me so im going to see how that turns out before dropping any coin on anything.   if it ends up being too much of a pain ill know ill need something more  compact.

I can also hope in the mean time maybe  one of the companies will put up some good sales

I built my own shuttle out of remnants of my old Helix home made shuttle.  Managed to make it work though its a tight fit to say the least.     Its definitely heavy with all the wood and everything so definitely will be upgrading to a better shuttle  but going to wait to make sure I got a proper working pole  as I know I can make due with the shuttle for now.

Not pretty and used left over wood flooring pieces

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just order direct from summit, they ship to canada.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.