Author Topic: Favorite way to catch em  (Read 2021 times)

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
Re: Favorite way to catch em
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2022, 01:19 PM »
I like to start with some plastics on a jig and see what's out there.  If I don't get much action I move onto some meat on that setup.  I always seem to setup a schooley or 2 with a minnow close by for some reason I still love those rigs!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline FishingFredrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2022, 01:38 PM »
On anything I've built with my own hands. Rod or lures! The best is when both happen at the same time!

I second that: Catching fish on my homemade rods, jigging spoons, dressed hooks, or flies is extra special. This season, I'll make a concerted effort to figure out the white perch winter patterns. I haven't previously fished much in fisheries with whites. That's about to change.
Luck is only a small part of it.

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 20, 2022, 02:33 PM »
Panfish-gills and crappie on ice flies and rods I make, both with and without bait. Prefer fishing water 15' or less and some weeds.

Offline brokefarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 20, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Sight fishing perch on a dead stick with a float and jigging various jigs.  Always cool to watch them come on and either look and swim around or fly in.  Also the rush when up your rod suddenly jerks when a pike rushes through. Have built up a large collection of jigs and spoons but normally use only about 10 of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.