Author Topic: Garmin XR lvs62  (Read 648 times)

Offline UnderTheIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Garmin XR lvs62
« on: Nov 15, 2022, 11:41 AM »
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/814793

Anybody bought this yet?  Suppose to help see deeper,  I want to see my jig at 100-130 fow at bottom.  Can already mark fish around 100-150 fow at bottom with lvs32, but can’t even get it to mark heavy lures (mini bondy bait, 1 5/8 oz Swedish pimple, 1 oz airplane jigs/tubes so same weight) at same depth.  Would greatly appreciate if anyone has any experience with the new transducer.  Looking to upgrade depending on result

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Garmin XR lvs62
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2022, 01:02 PM »
I don't have any info on the LVS62, but we have been using the PS30 transducer for a couple of years in deep water. It works really good. We can see a 1 oz., 5" tube jig at 140' and see when fish react as well as watch them chase all the way up. The cone angle is wide enough that I can see 4 different jigs in a 19' boat and tell which jig the fish is after. It doesn't require a "black box", the processor is internal. I rigged a pole up last winter and used it icefishing for lakers on Fort Peck in I think it was 75'. With the 135° x 40° cone angle if guys were relatively close I could tell them when they had a fish looking, and they could reel away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.