Author Topic: Game of inches  (Read 6001 times)

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
Game of inches
« on: Nov 14, 2022, 08:27 PM »
Anyone else watching the game of inches ice fishing competition on Youtube?

Offline edfalc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Game of inches
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2022, 11:33 PM »
i saw that in my suggested videos...will check it out later..
Shut up and FISH

I Fish for Those who Can't

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2022, 04:46 AM »
I did watch the 1st wave, well 4 of the 5 anyway. Won't watch one contestant. Interesting to observe the different personalities one after the other.  Saw that the 2nd installments are now out; will have to remember to watch them.
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2022, 06:04 AM »
I did watch the 1st wave, well 4 of the 5 anyway. Won't watch one contestant. Interesting to observe the different personalities one after the other.  Saw that the 2nd installments are now out; will have to remember to watch them.

Watched a few of the day 2 videos last nights. Some serious dudes geared to the gills.

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2022, 06:40 AM »
We watched the first rounds and Claytons second video. I've got my money on Clayton! Hope to watch a few others tonight.

Offline BF1983

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2022, 07:16 AM »
I watched all of the first round, and will watch each follow up round as well.  All though I am rooting for Catch & Cook, after the first round, I believe Clayton may take the W. 

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2022, 07:16 AM »
We watched the first rounds and Claytons second video. I've got my money on Clayton! Hope to watch a few others tonight.

The most western based teams have a much better shot at winning in general, due to the way the competition and species are set.

I don't root for anyone, but I have fished with Andrew from team apbassing a few times, back when he lived closer to where I do, and he was just getting into carp fishing at the time. We even managed to ice some together back in 2015.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2022, 08:30 AM »
Would be nice to have it all wrapped up in one video vs several, but I understand the production and editing cost of that is a massive undertaking.  Also would have been nice to see UnCuts videos.  But I also understand what's going on there too, so they should have just dropped them from the competition promotions if they knew there wouldn't be any videos ready to roll or lack or participation.   Life happens, I get it. 

I also think CSO will win, but never underestimate the Geeks, they are tough competitors.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2022, 04:02 PM »
I've been watching.  I go from one video to the next.  Can't wait for more.

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2022, 07:14 PM »
Loving it so far, and trying to take lessons from each episode too.

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2022, 11:00 PM »
I have watched 1st day of all the teams. I enjoy seeing the different tactics and planning by each team. I am hoping Clayton's team wins the 6 grand just because I enjoy his YouTube channel the best.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2022, 07:39 AM »
Popped up in suggested videos, gonna watch tonight:)

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Tonight is a good night to catch up on these. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2022, 09:12 AM »
timing of release was perfect.   have enjoyed all of them. 

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2022, 09:28 AM »
Too bad Uncut Angling didn't submit their videos. I hope Aaron is doing alright, getting any help he needs. Every time Uncut posts a video I get hopeful that they are back, but then there is another 4 month break.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2022, 09:54 AM »
I'll be honest, the last handful of years of uncut videos as few as they are, are pretty uninteresting.  dudes got some stuff he's going through and thats all fine or whatever but its definitely not "must watch" for me anymore. 

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2022, 11:10 AM »
Was wondering about Uncut not posting videos, he used to have some really cool content until recently. Top of the food chain fisherman as well.

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2022, 08:14 PM »
Yeah too bad uncut is not in but those SK boys and Shick know how to put fish on the ice… good set of vids to get revved up for this year.
Uncut did recently post a new vid which was pretty entertaining…he is creative and entertaining to say the least

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2022, 07:17 PM »
Watched a few of the videos, pretty entertaining. I love the formate of 7 species in 5 days. Would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2022, 08:23 AM »
Day 3 now on YT.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2022, 10:04 AM »
Didn't see any full day 3 clips, only trailer this morning. I believe they are all premiering this evening.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Day 3 was a gong show for team catch and conquer with Preric wigging out but good on his partner for pulling through.

Team Frostbite had a really nice walleye and man that Cooper guy gets funny when he's losing his mind waiting for a bite. lol!

Quiet day for the Konrad's and a bust for Catch and Cook as well with their machine failure and lost time.

Team CSO getting it done, as usual...

I think Conrads are in the lead though, with CSO in second. So far, my original assessment of the more Western teams having the edge is holding up. Simply much better specimens of each species in those regions. That being said, it ain't over till it's over :)

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2022, 01:48 PM »
Yeah too bad uncut is not in but those SK boys and Shick know how to put fish on the ice… good set of vids to get revved up for this year.
Uncut did recently post a new vid which was pretty entertaining…he is creative and entertaining to say the least

I think this series was filmed back in March. How has Uncut not had time to edit their footage yet? Did they fish poorly and not want to show it? AP freaking out and leaving is also strange. A lot of drama.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2022, 01:51 PM »
Been enjoying the videos so far.  Will end up watching them this week for week #3. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2022, 07:47 PM »
Just finished watching the 5 teams day 4 videos. Strangely enough, Uncut seems to have the lead going into day 4, so it seems that they actually fished the competition. Wonder what happened to all their footage. Maybe a last minute release?

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Addicted.  Just as good as 39 hrs.  Needs to happen annually.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2022, 09:26 PM »
Just finished watching the 5 teams day 4 videos. Strangely enough, Uncut seems to have the lead going into day 4, so it seems that they actually fished the competition. Wonder what happened to all their footage. Maybe a last minute release?

No last minute release.  Already been confirmed by everyone Uncut will not have videos.  I almost guarantee Aaron did not edit his videos because of the AP sh*t show.  This was AP's idea.  And in my opinion, the production quality is way way way less than 39 hours.  Each team edit's their own.  So storyline, connectivity and overall quality is much on average lower, and all over the place.  It seems that Uncut's biggest pet peeve over the years is quality videos/production value.  39 hours could be on espn right off the jump.  High quality stuff.  Game of inches is fun, but low quality imo.  And so, when AP bailed mid competition, even though it was his idea...that had to be the reason aaron just didnt edit his videos.  Had nothing to due with mental health as was rumored in other forums. Had to do with AP sh*t show.  As a fan of all of them, Im still watching. 

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2022, 09:31 PM »
No last minute release.  Already been confirmed by everyone Uncut will not have videos.  I almost guarantee Aaron did not edit his videos because of the AP sh*t show.  This was AP's idea.  And in my opinion, the production quality is way way way less than 39 hours.  Each team edit's their own.  So storyline, connectivity and overall quality is much on average lower, and all over the place.  It seems that Uncut's biggest pet peeve over the years is quality videos/production value.  39 hours could be on espn right off the jump.  High quality stuff.  Game of inches is fun, but low quality imo.  And so, when AP bailed mid competition, even though it was his idea...that had to be the reason aaron just didnt edit his videos.  Had nothing to due with mental health as was rumored in other forums. Had to do with AP sh*t show.  As a fan of all of them, Im still watching.

AP needs to get some mental help. That kid has so much going for him but keeps running away from everything.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2022, 06:16 AM »
Aside from all the noise, watching Clayton pull up that Laker was magical!

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Nov 29, 2022, 04:41 PM »
Aside from all the noise, watching Clayton pull up that Laker was magical!

Definitely best day 4 catch of any of the teams. Epic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.