Author Topic: Henrys lake in Idaho  (Read 1390 times)

Offline rkymtnfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Henrys lake in Idaho
« on: Nov 13, 2022, 08:49 PM »
  Anyone know if there is any cabins or motel rooms to rent in winter near Henrys Lake? by near I mean a room that would be a max of 30 minutes away on winter roads. Might seem like a strange question but we are coming from eastern Mt and have only been there once two summers ago. And one more question..... could a couple seniors who can only walk about a mile or so have a reasonable chance of getting into some fish. Thanks for any info. If you are from that area..... no worries on us outsiders taking your fish. Just getting out and enjoying the winter and hope to get a few pics of some nice sized brookies......... tks!!

Offline Angulator

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Henrys lake in Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2022, 09:31 PM »
Jared's Wild Rose Resort would seem to be the logical choice for a place to stay. It's right on the lake so you could walk to fishing. That being said, I've never stayed there nor fished that area of the lake. Winter access at Henrys is challenging especially when the deep snow starts accumulating. The Drift Lodge Fly Shop also has cabins/rooms available this winter but they are not close to the lake. Good luck!

Offline -Flint-

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2022, 09:52 AM »
there a lots of VRBO cabin rentals close by. Grew up fishing Henrys in the summer but never got the chance to ice fish it (wasn't open in the winter when I was a kid). 

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Jared's Wild Rose Resort would seem to be the logical choice for a place to stay. It's right on the lake so you could walk to fishing.

Wild rose is… okay.
The room we got was tiny with 3 beds crammed into it, one poorly maintained bathroom (not dirty, just stuff looked to be on the verge of breaking), the parking sucked, it had fairly poor customer service, and it still cost 200$ a night. It’ll work if you’re desperate.

Personally I’d recommend the new Marriott over by Last Chance, it’s pricy still, but it’s within 30-45 minutes of the lake, spacious rooms, has a good restaurant on the ground floor, and the customer service was incredible. They even packed us a brown bag breakfast so we could eat out on the ice!

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2022, 10:47 PM »
Depending on when you go you can find a place to stay for sometimes around $100 in the Island Park area. Look at Airbnb website or search engines for hotels and you'll see quite a few places with various price ranges.

Offline rkymtnfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2022, 11:17 AM »
Thanks you gentleman for your helpful and quick replys. Have a great thanksgiving.     T.

Offline jerryfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2022, 10:11 PM »
Drift Lodge has cabins just a couple miles from Henry Lake. Wild Rose is on the lake. West Yellowstone has a bunch of places to stay at about 13 miles away. 

Offline Windriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2022, 10:21 PM »
I got a really good deal for next week at the Marriott in Island Park. 
The drift lodge also has decent cabin deals. 

Offline buckfever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2022, 01:09 PM »
I usually get a room in west Yellowstone for decent prices  before  new years and the snowmobile crowd moves in. It's only about 15 miles from the lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.