Author Topic: Clam shelters  (Read 908 times)

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam shelters
« on: Nov 10, 2022, 11:12 AM »
Where's the Clam no trip doors on their hub shelters? They gotta have one out this year right?

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam shelters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2022, 11:42 AM »
Doesn't look like this made the design change this year.  Would have liked to see it, but looks like they decided to work on the flip overs making the XT design.  Like that look!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2022, 12:28 PM »
The still sew in their shelter windows ... :cookoo:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Wish Clam would bring back the mesh windows. That’s why I keep the older Yukon and not get the newer Legends. Love that Yukon though. Not unhappy to keep it.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2022, 02:58 PM »
If they will just make a popup clam suitcase... ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2022, 02:05 AM »
Where's the Clam no trip doors on their hub shelters? They gotta have one out this year right?
I have been looking at the new hubs for this year and I was literally just thinking the same thing. I bought one of the first hubs they had available and it went right back after I had quality issues with it. It was the 5×6 they had available early which I think was a bad design. That being said, I think their quality standards have met what we want out of a hub shelter after fishing out of one of their higher end hubs for a season a few years ago. While I fished out of that X450 or whatever it was called a few years ago, I wanted to tell my friend their are other options out there, with the same quality and a couple of extra features at that price point. Why they do not offer a full door hubs yet? I don't know. They seem to focus on the fish-trap flipover line more than anything every year. A slight nod to Otter for having the hose port for your propane tank if you want that feature. The window outlay on Eskimos were pretty "meh" if you wanted to watch tipups, Clam as well as they were stitched on and not replaceable. But they are all pretty limited on vision if you are using a hub as a warmup shack while you watch tip ups. The overhead nets were better on the Eskimos and Clams. Otter didn't stitch theirs all across the bottom of the netting so stuff would fall out of the overhead netting. Hopefully they read all of these comments and improve on what we all want out of a hub shack. Alot of these features should be an industry standard and not designed to fit one particular anglers needs.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2022, 02:26 PM »
All the shelters I have had at first were  Clam and they were pretty good. Their quality has gone straight down hill and their customer service has also. Last year I got the new Otter with the full door and I will never go back, great pop-up with outstanding quality. The shanty fits great in the bag and the bag is quality. They give you plenty of stakes to hold it down and the insulation is so good I rarely ever need a heater. Clam is now below H.T. on the quality level.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.