Author Topic: Lakewood Ice Case  (Read 883 times)

Offline theskydiveguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakewood Ice Case
« on: Nov 07, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Ice fishing is better than open water - change my mind!

Insta -  @smittyoutside
Tiktok - @smittyoutside

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lakewood Ice Case
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2022, 08:35 AM »
I don't have this case, but it seems to be well built and useful.  Personally, I think it is too large for my needs, but that's me!  This case may suit your needs, and will let you decide that. 

If you do end up purchasing, I just got an email from them off their mailer - they have a Black Friday Sale going on and they are giving free shipping with the purchase of any product.  Enter BLACK in the shopping code, and you should receive it. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline theskydiveguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2022, 08:51 AM »
Thanks - yeah, I got the email, that's what started me thinking about it!

It is big that's for sure. I have been using a cheap Flambeau case - not unhappy with it, just looking at upgrades. I like that it's made in the US v. a china plastic box.

Insta -  @smittyoutside
Tiktok - @smittyoutside

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2022, 11:54 AM »
Was doing the same last year.  Needed to upgrade my rod case and decide how I wanted to carry them on the ice.  I have a few of the old Otter Sportsman cases that I really love.  For storage they are perfect. These tend to get a little large when I hit the ice, so decided to start looking.  Looked at the new Otter cases, Scheels cases, Lakewood, Ice Innovations, Vexan etc and ended up getting the 2B Gear Rod Case. 

Trying to limit the number of rods that I take out onto the ice, and this should fit my needs.  We only have a finite amount of room in the shacks.  Will be my first winter with it, so will see. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline theskydiveguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Thanks - I'll check them out.

Insta -  @smittyoutside
Tiktok - @smittyoutside

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2022, 03:26 PM »
I have the Lakewood crank bait box. It’s expensive but well  built. I think for the price point it’s hard to beat the otter cases if you want a bulky case.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2022, 08:24 PM »
I am a musky hunter during the summer and fall my Lakewood Monster bait box was an investment that had me pondering for a while. That was 4 years ago and all I can say now is that it was a good decision when the purchase was made. If their ice gear is as good as their soft water gear I would be game for the purchase.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.