Author Topic: Livescope  (Read 1190 times)

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
Livescope
« on: Nov 02, 2022, 11:49 AM »
I am thinking about getting a portable Livescope set up for ice and open water.  I was wondering on how well the smaller panfish ice jigs show up on them.  any input would be appreciated and thanks

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Livescope
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2022, 11:56 AM »
I am thinking about getting a portable Livescope set up for ice and open water.  I was wondering on how well the smaller panfish ice jigs show up on them.  any input would be appreciated and thanks

Not an expert on Livescope but my buddy just got one. The plan is to use it to locate the fish, then use the flasher in the holes to be fished. But I do believe it will pick up the jig with down imaging. Lots of videos on it out there.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline spearfish42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2022, 01:19 PM »
I have no issue seeing my jig with Livescope, you just have to spin the transducer until it shows up. It is hard to hole hop with Livescope but is doable. I recommend having a lithium battery.

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2022, 03:08 PM »
thanks for the input.  i think i am going to get a 30ah lithium battery for it.  Just got the Summit shuttle and the summit transducer pole last week.

Offline spearfish42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2022, 09:04 PM »
30ah will go all day for you. I am looking to purchase a summit transducer pole before the season begins as well. You’ll be hooked with Livescope! Best of luck this season.

Offline Lucass111

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2022, 06:51 AM »
I got the same setup and it's amazing! Once you dial in the correct settings you can see everything.

Offline kpoorman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:35 AM »
My roommate got one last spring that we used on his boat. Can't wait to use it on the ice this year. Won't be long...
skippin' class to fish

Offline 2LMKR2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2022, 12:48 PM »
I have had one for 2 years, I set it up with a 12” screen, so it's a bit heavy and not good for hole hopping, but it is quite a locator. There is no problem seeing your jig. You can count how many fish are below you and even almost measure how long they are to know what you are fishing for.

As great as it works, I really don't use it all that much, still use my flasher most of the time. It's great entertainment for kids or when fishing is slow.....

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2022, 03:00 PM »
As great as it works, I really don't use it all that much, still use my flasher most of the time. It's great entertainment for kids or when fishing is slow.....
Same hear used it on open water and hardwater.  Wasn’t called ‘fishing’ anymore for me, more like ‘catching’ which actually killed the enjoyment for me.  I’m definitely one that enjoys trying to figure them out.  I like the ‘hunting’ aspect and ‘surprise’ element of fishing. Great tool for kids or someone that doesn’t have a lot of time and just wants to get on fish.  I’ll stick with the flasher. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.