Author Topic: Parts for Cabela's brand ice tent  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Reeleasy

• IceShanty Rookie
Parts for Cabela's brand ice tent
« on: Oct 27, 2022, 09:55 AM »
I have one of those big six-sided ice tents that Cabela's used to sell - the one that is about 11' across, black, 2 doors - and of course they haven't made them for a while now.  I had a pole and a hub break last year.  Any advice on tracking parts down?  I checked with Cabela's but what they have doesn't match up unfortunately.  Thinking might have to bite the bullet and get a new one but we really like the size of this one .

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Parts for Cabela's brand ice tent
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2022, 10:15 AM »
Most major manufacurers have poles and hubs...you need to measure the length and diameter of the pole...as well as the diameter of the hub ball and socket.

https://www.moreoutdoor4u.com/replacementpolesquickfishandfatfish.aspx

https://ardisam.com/parts/structure/1797
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2022, 12:37 PM »
The Cabela's tent I had was made by clam. It was the version before the one they're selling right now. Parts were interchangeable with clam models.  Cabela's doesn't make any of their own branded gear. Just gotta find out who the original mfg was.  Mine literally said "clam ice team" on the side as well.

Offline linemanpete

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2022, 12:30 PM »
Driveway markers work well for the poles. Cheap and can get them at Can tire, Walmart, Peavy etc.

Offline m3mhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2022, 03:01 PM »
If you haven't already fixed this, I would 2nd the use of the driveway markers for the pole replacements.  But you had also indicated a hub may be busted as well..?  If so, that is less manageable without contacting the manufacturer... But you can still try Cabelas as they usually keep a stock of poles and parts in the back to fix shacks...

Offline infecticide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2023, 01:21 PM »
Had a hub on my 8-sider break recently as well.

Cabela's in Regina says they don't have any parts and an email to Cabela's customer service has gone 2 weeks with no reply.

Did you find any replacement hubs?

Offline Hardwater troller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2023, 10:35 PM »
Tent probably made by Clam - in which case  Pokey's is the dealer. We got a replacement hub assembly from them and tent works like new!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.