Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212399 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #660 on: Dec 07, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

19 degrees, which is about the high for the day. A little snow squall will be visiting in about an hour or so but it will be pretty minimal.

mr.clean...Best wishes if you head into urgent care :thumbsup:

h2l...Congrats on the new blower, it sounds like a nice machine. Good to read your wife is feeling better :thumbsup:

IW...Enjoy the putter time. Best wishes for tomorrow hunt if the weather permits :thumbsup:

Eddie...I hope Elf Lucy makes it to the big screen, good stuff :roflmao:

WW...Hope Mr. WW is feeling better :thumbsup:

Yesterday I bit the bullet and got the tree in it's stand and trimmed up. Last night the s-i-l did her part and put the lights on, then my wife began getting all the ornaments lined up and proceeded with hanging a few before bed.

I have a couple errands this morning. Today is my wife's work at home day so I am sure she will add a few things in for me.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday :thumbsup: Best of luck to everyone if on some ice or in the bush :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #661 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:07 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats and Merry Christmas to you  :thumbsup:

OG.....sorry to hear you haven't turned the corner yet  :(  take care sir  ;)

IFF.....sorry to hear Linda's feeling under the weather also  :(  sending get well wishes  :)

MrC.....hope all goes well at your visit today and you're feeling better soon  ;)

WS.....looking forward to seeing a pic of this year's tree in all it's glory :clap:

Eddie.....those crazy elves sure do get into a lot of mischief   :nono: :woot:

IW......enjoy the puttering  :whistle:

MrWW seems better today, keeping my fingers crossed  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy (or feel better soon)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #662 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:12 AM »

Good morning ER's the ice on local spots has open water on 3 sides of people fishing still looks like it will be a restart here very soon.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #663 on: Dec 07, 2022, 06:00 PM »
Puttering today ended with a loaf of banana nut bread  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #664 on: Dec 07, 2022, 06:18 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

I could eat that banana bread in 6 bites ;D

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #665 on: Dec 07, 2022, 06:59 PM »
 :woot: :woot:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #666 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:55 PM »
Good evening warm here today with a high in the middle fifties. Cloudy sky with periods of rain. I have been getting sleep in bunches a few hours here and there when I got up and drove to the urgent care clinic they were no longer talking walk-in patients for the day. So will have to get there early tomorrow morning. Currently body aches are one of the major problems I'm dealing with mostly in my back.
Ice Wanderer hope you had a good day of puttering. my local newspaper had an article on the rise in number of flu cases.
Hunts2long may the new snow blower serve you well for many years.
Eddie those Christmas elf's sure know how to create mischief.
Whopper Stopper guess each family has a routine for getting the Christmas tree up in my house dad always handled the lights . Once he had them aranged to his liking he would step back from the tree ask the rest of us if he should purchase more lights always found a section of tree he thought looked dark. Decorating was a family affair.
Wallyworld good to read Mr.WW is doing better may he just have a cold and be recovered by the weekend, nice looking banana bread.
Old goat may your predictions be correct, and you can resume ice fishing soon on the local lakes.

Everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #667 on: Dec 08, 2022, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Woke to the sounds of the wind blowing this morning, gusts in the 30’s. Mild 41*, high of 43 today.

Steve…sorry to read you weren’t able to get an appointment yesterday, hopefully things go better today at the Urgent Care for you. Best wishes are with you and hope you’re feeling some relief from those aches and pains this morning.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…oh boy, banana bread rank’s high on the list…especially coming right out of the oven!  That’s a fine looking puttering project!  :clap: :bow: Glad to read Mr.WW is feeling better, hopefully that bug is put to rest now.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…saw your tree on the decorations thread, excellent choice and beautiful job!  :bow: :clap:  Found out yesterday morning my wife was in on the Snow Angel mischief…appears the joke was on me!!  :roflmao:
  Jeff…best of luck with the hunting today if you’re heading out! Hope the winds are calmer up your way and the deer are moving this morning!   :thumbsup:
  OG…glad the ice is still holding enough for some to get on!  :tipup:  What little ice we had is gone, but looking like better temps moving in starting tomorrow…off to a slow start here in the North East.

Looks like the elf Lucy enjoys zip lines…found her suspended on some twine, hanging from a coat hanger,  from the ceiling to the light fixture over the dining room table this morning.   ;D
  See we’re getting closer to the 25 page mark here on the new thread…will put a bottle of bubbly on the shopping list!  ;D
  Couple of errands to run this morning and off to a Christmas concert this evening for my oldest granddaughter at her school…. Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #668 on: Dec 08, 2022, 05:01 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 38* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Eddie.........I hope Lucy the Elf doesn't mind being hung out like that. Lol :roflmao: I was hoping to see her doing snow angels this morning. :woot:
                   FYI, if you and your sons make it up this way this winter and stop at Fish 307, it has moved to route 9N just passed exit 21. :blink:
                              H2l............Congrat ulations on the new snow blower, what brand is it? ??? I'm glad to read that your wife is feeling better. :thumbsup:
                              Marv..........I guess having all the different hands doing the tree makes it easier for everyone. :flex: Hlow did shopping go? ???
                              Wally ........I could east that bread in 4 bites. :roflmao: I'm also glad to read that Mr. WW is feeling better as well. :thumbsup:
                              Steve.........I guess medical facilities are being inedited with patients. Hopefully you can get in today. :unsure:
                              OG............I see colder weather headed your way, hopefully the lakes tighten up. :whistle:
                              Fish...........With the ice forming you bait sales should get even better. :flex:
                              Not much on the planner today, I do have an errand this morning.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #669 on: Dec 08, 2022, 05:27 AM »
Morning all, 37° with patchy fog here.

Still not much going on other than work, waiting for ML season to open tomorrow. Getting to that time of year where I check the extended forecast several times a day hoping for ice  ;D We won't be making any ice through the middle of next week, but it looks promising after that. TWC, WU, and AW all have it from the afternoon of the 15th onward right at or below freezing for the highs, and they've all been ticking it downward the past couple days. If that ends up being the case, I might be able to hit the ice a few days before Xmas, which would be a very early start here.

If the forecast is still looking that good by the end of next week, I may end up taking the 23rd off to go do some fishing. We're going to my brother's house over in Indiana for Xmas Eve, but if it's frozen I'll be hitting the ice that morning too, and maybe on Xmas afternoon if I can sweet talk the old lady :roflmao:

masoneddie - hope your weather turns colder there, too. I'm about the same latitude as NYC, so I know you southern NY and northern PA guys' pain  :'(

mr.clean - hope it's nothing too serious 🤞

ww - that looks delicious 🤤

OG - hope you get a cold snap to lock that back up. We get open water stops and restart ice here a lot of winters, and it's always frustrating.  >:(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #670 on: Dec 08, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

2 degrees to kick off the day, the guessers are saying 28 by the afternoon.

Eddie..Snow Angel backfire :roflmao: :roflmao: Thanks for the tree comment I will pass it along to my wife.

IW...Safe travels on your errand. When we are done with our tree things get reversed. My wife takes all the decorations off and stored away, the s-i-l takes the lights off and packs them away, I take the tree out for the rabbits to enjoy. My shopping was fairly uneventful, I did see a guy in a dress :cookoo:

WW...Hope Mr. WW is firing on all cylinders today :thumbsup:

I have an early morning oil change this morning. Then plan on checking some ice out.

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Best of luck to everyone if on some ice or in the bush :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #671 on: Dec 08, 2022, 06:05 AM »
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I could eat that banana bread in 6 bites ;D

WS
You should try it "warm" with some butter....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #672 on: Dec 08, 2022, 06:17 AM »
38* and cloudy.

IW, the new snow blower is an Ariens.

WW, as WS said the bread looks great. There may be some in my, near future, as I saw a couple bananas in the freezer.

The wife got her flu shot and her 5th booster yesterday, said her arm is sore this morning but wasn't sure which shot was in that arm. She is going shopping with Lindsay later this morning, I am taking Scout to get groomed.

Yesterday I noticed a wet spot on the living room ceiling near the fireplace. Pretty sure I have a leak around the chimney, guy coming at noon to take care of it, I hope.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #673 on: Dec 08, 2022, 09:02 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....hope you made it to get checked out today  :-\

H2L.....as soon as the bread was cool enough to cut, the knife and butter were standing by  ;)2

WS.....hope you find the ice to your liking  :icefish:

Eddie.....enjoy the concert tonight  :thumbsup:  my d-i-l sent a video a couple days ago of my grandson in the chorus for the first time  ;)

IW.....hope the errand goes well today  @)

Nothing special planned for today, maybe get some gift wrapping taken care of  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #674 on: Dec 08, 2022, 11:16 AM »
Well a late night last night along with an early morning the last couple of days for safety meeting, makes for long days and bigger paycheck.

Well just looked at the big lake and see the ice that got blown into the bays has formed again, will see if the picture come through.  Well back to trying to figure out what is going on and operator said if we get the same numbers and particles still high he is shutting down and cleaning where we get our pure air from to see if that helps, maybe another long day.  Have a great Thursday everyone.  WW might have to have the daughter make her banana bread since that loaf looked so good and it seems it would not make it this far west as the others would have eaten it by then.  Hope all are feeling better that have been under the weather lots of people around work here have gone down with the crude, body aches, not keeping things down, sniffles, coughs and some other symptoms seem to be the flu around here and not everyone has the same ones but the body aches seem to be the one everyone has complained about the most.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #675 on: Dec 08, 2022, 02:29 PM »
Good Morning, from soggy land.  Near disaster this morning, coffee pot stopped brewing part way through.  Think its got a mind of its own.
Someone nominate me for procrastinator of the month ??? I found I neglected to send out any Well wishes xmas cards last year. Need to get my list updated.

Outside temp is resting at 66* and overcast sky's, good napping weather.  On another note gas price has dipped down to $2.61 for the 87 octane. Wonder how long it will stay that low. ???

Picked up a new chainsaw, but haven't unpacked it yet, might have to have a bowl of Wheaties first. Think its about double the weight of the non-running saw. Fresh plug didn't help, so next is remove the carburetor and see if it plugged somewhere.

Looks like Northern Wisconsin is getting some ice making temps, might have to plan a trip north, after the holidays, to get my ice fishing fix
So far I have avoided the what ever is going around, hope it stays away.

had a notice pop up. a youtube video, Lake of the woods, first ice.  That will get the blood pumping.   ;D

Well hope everyone can shake off the crud, if its in your neighborhood.

Good day to all.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #676 on: Dec 08, 2022, 04:34 PM »
Another round of puttering today

No bakes  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #677 on: Dec 08, 2022, 04:58 PM »
Another round of puttering today

No bakes  ;)

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #678 on: Dec 09, 2022, 04:59 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 27* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Wally..........Those no bakes look delicious, but you know I'm not supposed to eat a lot of sweets. :roflmao:
                         Marv...........You three did good on the tree. :flex: I hope the colder temps stay so it can pernitrate through the snow to make more ice. :unsure:
                         H2l.............I have an Ariens, I've had it for 17 years and still performs like new. Good choice. :thumbsup: :clap: On my last Dr. visit I got the flu
                and booster, neither hurt me.  :whistle:
                         Fish............Sounds like you'll be making some extra Christmas money. Good luck with the air system. :flex:
                         Eddie..........I hope you enjoyed the concert last night. :clap:
                         Zcm...........Good luck with your muzzleloader season. :thumbsup:
                         Bud............I hope you were able to fix the dryer? ??? I hope the new chainsaw works out for you. :flex:
                         Not much going on today, hopefully I can get back to my son's for more hunting.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #679 on: Dec 09, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Calm 28* under a bright full moon this morning, high of 35 here today. Believe it’s called the Cold Moon…maybe that’s why the coyotes are singing here this morning.

Steve…best wishes continued for you, hope you were able to get an appointment yesterday.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…another fine looking batch of puttering treats…agree Yum is a good word!!  :clap: Sorry you weren’t able to attend your grandson’s 1st concert, but glad you were able to see him in action taking the stage GrandMa! Congratulations to him on his first debut!   :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:  Best of luck to Mr.WW if he’s off to hunting camp!
  Bud…congrats on the new chainsaw and good luck trouble shooting the other. Now the important question…did you get the coffee pot running??  ;D   :thumbsup:
  FH4…those long days can be a PITA, but on the plus side the fat paychecks are coming at a good time of year!  Thanks for sharing the picture and better luck today with the plant issues!  :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats to your wife getting caught up with the shots, hopefully she didn’t have any side effects with both at the same time.   :thumbsup:  How did the leak problem go?
  Marv…hope you found some safe fishable ice yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing the picture here, tree looks beautiful.   :clap:
  Z…best of luck with the Muzzle Loader season, hopefully you’ll get your shot!   :thumbsup:  It shouldn’t be too much longer before we start seeing some good ice making weather here…around 150 miles North of NYC and we sit pretty decent in elevation, around 1500’ above sea level.
  Jeff…thanks for the heads up on Fish 307, will pass that on to the boys!   :tipup:  Best of luck will be with you getting your sights on one until the closing bell… :thumbsup:

Lucy wasn’t too bad this morning, she got into a bag of apples and decorated them like pumpkins, lol.
  The concert was nice last evening, hard to beat hearing the beautiful voices of children singing Christmas songs. Some of the musicians hit a few bad notes, but that made for some interesting new versions… >:( :clap: :thumbsup:
  Off to an early Dr.’s appointment this morning, not much on the planner after that.  Cawfee’s on gang…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #680 on: Dec 09, 2022, 05:31 AM »

25 degrees to get the day rolling, the guessers are claiming 33 for the high later today. Next week we may have another round of snow to deal with ???

mr.clean... Hope you were able to get in and checked out yesterday ???

IW... Best of luck if you head to the stand :thumbsup: Thanks on the tree. If there is one thing my wife looks forward to more than anything else it's the Christmas Tree.

Eddie...Glad you enjoyed the concert, nothing wrong with a clinker or two ;D Best of luck with the Dr. appointment :thumbsup:

WW... Did Mr. WW head back to hunting camp yet?

Bud... Congrats on the new saw :thumbsup: Don't over do it, but if you do Eddie's soaking in epsom salt is the ticket :thumbsup:

Yesterday I made it onto some ice when checking things out. I had to walk about 1/2 mile out to where I like to set up for spearing. The ice started out at 8" for the first 100 yards but eventually started getting thinner. By the time I closed in on the area I wanted to be at the ice was 4". When I drilled a hole the water flooded around me from the weight of the snow :%$#!: This coming week more milder weather so it will be awhile before Shamu makes it out.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Best of luck to everyone if on some ice or in the bush :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #681 on: Dec 09, 2022, 06:43 AM »
24* clear and heavy frost.

IW, the wife says only her booster arm is a little sore this morning. Good luck if you go out hunting.

WW, I over heard the wife and Lindsay talking about cutting back on the cookies this year, but I have heard that before.

WS, sounds like the lakes around you have been making ice, nothing on the lake here let. It has come up over 2 feet with all the rain we have been having.

Eddie, the roofer came at noon as he said he would, looked at it, told me what has to be done. I said "it has to be done". Within 2 hours he had 2 guys here working on it and they will finish-up this morning.  He is a local guy who has been in the business for almost 30 years and worked for a very well known local roofing until he retired a few years ago.

Scout looks good after her trip to the groomers.

Can't believe Christmas is only 2 weeks from Sunday.

IFF, good luck with the new chainsaw.

Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #682 on: Dec 09, 2022, 11:14 AM »
Afternoon all,

Had some computer/internet issues this morning so will give it another try now  :-\

WS.....he's heading back this afternoon, regular gun season ends Sunday, muzzle starts Monday  ;)

H2L.....it's not easy picking which cookies/treats stay and which get dropped  :blink:  nice to hear of a company that actually takes some pride in doing the job  :thumbsup:

IW.....fingers crossed you get a chance to hit the woods again   ;)2

MrC.....hope you're feeling better  :)

Eddie.....you're truly blessed to have the grandkids so close  :thumbsup:  hope your appointment went ok, take it easy  ;)

IFF.....I have a Poulan Pro also, love the "lightness" of it  :clap:  MrWW has the same size Husky and it's SO much heavier  :flex:

Z......good luck in your stand  ;)

FH4.....hope you can finally track down the problem  :unsure:

Have a good rest of your Friday. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #683 on: Dec 09, 2022, 02:39 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Beautiful day out today. Took Mr Dickens out to see how the ice was coming on some ponds. Warm weather has kept them from icing over. Have had a terrible headache and my wife wasn't feeling good. She is feeling better.

Mr Clean, I hope everything went well at the DRs.

WallyWorld, Those cookies look delicious.

Hunts2long, That's good you were able to get the leak fixed quickly. I'm sure Scout enjoyed her time at the groomers. Mr Dickens panics if we let another person bathe him.

MasonEddie, I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. Nothing better then kids singing Christmas carols.

WhopperStopper, Hope you can get Shamu out on the ice soon.

IceWanderer, Did you get to your sons for more hunting.

I hope everyone has a great and safe rest of the day.   
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #684 on: Dec 09, 2022, 02:43 PM »
Well the plant issues still continue but it sounds like no analytical over the weekend as we have not really changed much, but some of the numbers are looking better, we will see after the next number what management wants to do.  But on a good note looks like the big lake is almost all the way capped, then it can just build ice.  Have a great Friday everyone, see how the wife does at this expo that starts tonight and goes through tomorrow.  Her is a picture of the big lake again.  Have a great weekend.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #685 on: Dec 09, 2022, 09:58 PM »
Good evening, thank you for all the get well wishes. Got into the urgent care clinic today test showed me as having Covid given prescription for an antiviral which hopefully will aide in my recovery. Thankfully so far my symptoms have been mild with body aches my biggest issue.
Eddie may all have gone well at your doctors appointment. Nice to read the children gave a good concert. Sounds like Lucy will keep things interesting around your home until Christmas.
Ice wanderer thank you for the information on Fish 307 . if you got to your son's property today hope you saw some deer and had a chance to take a shot.
Zcm-82 best to you during the muzzle loader season.
Whopper Stopper nice work by all of you on the tree. may your local lakes not loose to much ice during next week's warmer weather.
hunts2long sounds like you noticed the problem in time never good when told you have to make a repair. May the job have been done correctly and your problem resolved.
Wallyworld good to read Mr.WW feels well enough to return to hunting camp. best wished for him in filling his remaining tags.
IFF guess the materials used in building a saw account for the weight differences in similar sized saws among the different brands. Hope you have the coffee maker and clothes dryer both working.
Icefisher-45 may the headache have gotten better since the time of your post. best wishes sent for you and your wife.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you will not be work this weekend. Hopefully next week all of you at the plant will solve the on going problem. once the big lake is totally capped over may the weather stay cold enough so ice keeps forming.
Everyone keep safe and try to stay healthy . best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #686 on: Dec 10, 2022, 04:21 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 18* and clear here with the moon starting to set. ::)
                         Eddie..........I'm glad that the concert was a nice event, it wouldn't be good if everyone was perfect. :thumbsup:
                         Marv...........I hope your weather cooperates so Shamu can make an appearance on the lake. :unsure:
                         Steve..........I'm sorry to read that Covid has taken hold, it's good that your symptoms are on the mild side. :thumbsup: As the experts say
             as a virus mutates, it get more contagious but the symptoms get las sever. :whistle:
                         I-45............It's good that you and Mr. Dickens got out for a walk, the weather in your area really hasn't been good enough to make ice. :blink:
                         Fish............I hope the numbers keep getting better at the plant.  :unsure:  Once a lake caps over it doesn't take long to build ice. :whistle:
                         H2l.............That's quick service from the roofer, It's a good thing you caught it when you did. :flex:
                         Wally..........My wife started up the bakery yesterday, the house sure smelled nice. :flex: Glad that Mr. WW feels good enough to get back to camp. :thumbsup:
                         Bud............Like Eddie said, the most important thing is did you get the coffee maker up and running. :roflmao:
                         I'm going to head out this morning to see if I can see one, I still see good sign where I'm at. Tomorrow it's suppose to snow a little so maybe
             that will help in tracking them down.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #687 on: Dec 10, 2022, 04:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and fairly calm 19* to start the day off, high of 33 forecasted. Just getting some better temps and tomorrow they’re calling for 3-5” of the white stuff..that should help moving things along cooling down the bigger waters!  :tipup:

Steve…dang, sorry to read about your testing positive for Covid! Glad you were able to get an appointment and act on it quickly with the meds. Best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery, hope the symptoms stay on the mild side!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…sounds like those issues at the plant have everyone scratching their heads, enjoy your weekend off! Good luck to your wife with the expo, hope her products sell out!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…hope that headache has passed, glad your wife is feeling better!  :thumbsup:  Glad you got out to check some ice conditions with Mr.Dickens! Similar conditions here, but I’m guessing some of the small farm ponds probably will have a skim coat on them again today.
  Wally…your words on the grandchildren are 100% spot on, I Thank the Good Lord everyday for allowing me this opportunity and being able to share some of it here with you fine folks is the icing on the “ cake “ .  ;D   Best of luck to Mr.WW, some awesome weather conditions moving in for the closing weekend…for hunting and baking perhaps?  :whistle:  :thumbsup:
  H2…excellent news on the roofer getting you taken care of immediately, seems to be a rarity nowadays! Hope everything worked out well, guess you’ll get a maiden voyage on the roof as well as the new snowblower tomorrow….you’ll have to keep us posted!  :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Marv…thanks for the ice update, hopefully some of that milder weather will melt down some of that snow and build some better ice before the next wave hits.  :thumbsup:  See some snow in the extended forecast for a couple days here this coming week as well..wish I could take advantage of it sitting with my 50 caliber!  ;D
  Jeff…will be looking forward to your report if hit the woods yesterday! Best of luck with today’s hunting if that’s on the planner, some awesome weather conditions for the next 2 days…hope that muzzle loader gets to bark!  :thumbsup:

Yesterday’s appointment went pretty well…had to stop the Dr. again right off the bat talking business immediately after the greeting before the handshake was made, lol. He seems to forget the importance of such a simple thing…guessing he may have sold cars getting through medical school possibly? We’ll keep working on that problem…but must admit, it is pretty funny seeing him have to wash his hands again before getting into the spirit of things!  ;D
  Saw gas prices on my trip had dropped to $3.59/gl at some stations yesterday…not sure about here locally but will check that out today…still too high but better than it has been.  Believe my sons are hunting today, so hopefully some good messages to share later on…Cawfee’s on!

Morning Jeff, see you posted as I was pecking away…best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #688 on: Dec 10, 2022, 06:21 AM »

30 degrees to kick off the morning, looks like a 36 is guessed for our high today.

mr.clean...Best wishes on a fast recovery from the Covid. Hopefully it just remains a mild case :thumbsup:

h2l... Congrats on finding a good roofer :thumbsup:

IW...Best of luck on stand today. With the warm temps here it will be awhile.

Eddie...Gas here is $2.94 to $2.97. Good luck getting the Dr. whipped into shape :thumbsup:

WW...Best of luck to Mr. WW hunting today. Hope you have a good day if puttering :thumbsup:

My wife and s-i-l are going to visit an older relative later today. I have a couple errands to run then off to the garage for a while. They are still calling for a weather event around Tuesday of next week. For awhile it was all snow now it's rain with snow so it should be interesting.

Hope you all have a good Saturday :thumbsup: Best of luck to everyone if on some ice or in the bush :thumbsup:

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #689 on: Dec 10, 2022, 06:40 AM »
A clear frosty 19* this morning.

The roofers were here by 10:30 and had the job completed by about 3. The pictures they took looks like a good job. He said it is "better" than new.

My new snow blower was also delivered last evening, I will go out and play with it later today. May get to use it on Monday. Had a few lookers at the old one out by the road.

The wife is feeling better today. Yesterday she was down for the count. Said she felt "out of sorts", has to be a reaction to the shots.

Eddie, gas is about the same around here, 3.59. My doctor wants to visit about everything but what you are there for. He is big on "hugs".

IW, good luck in the woods.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!!!
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.