Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212315 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #120 on: Oct 21, 2022, 04:23 AM »
Morning all,

Another trip to the lake is on tap today  :clap:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #121 on: Oct 21, 2022, 04:41 AM »
Good luck..👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Oct 21, 2022, 04:45 AM »
31* and clear.

WW, hope you have another good trip.

No deer yesterday. I sat for a couple hours then took a short hike to clean up a couple of my ground sits. Also cleaned out a new one based on where I can better see where they are coming from in the evening. Wind yesterday PM had to have taken some leaves down. Saw a 6 or 8 pt. standing next to the road about a mile from where I hunt. Today is last day of early MZ, rifle opens in the morning.

Have a good day and stay safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Oct 21, 2022, 05:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 31* here and dark. Mr Dickens appointment went well. Should have his blood work results today. Just the 2 of us today. May go and check out a local lake today.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the water today.

Hunts2long, Good luck in the woods today.

Drifter, May the Ranger last until you get your new truck.

Whopper Stopper, Safe trip to the shack.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day either at work in the woods or on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Steidyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Oct 21, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Morning all,

Best of luck WW slaying again, from your past pictures doesn't look like you need much luck!

WS, love sharing my knowledge of knots with others, sounds like that gentleman you had your last job for was a great individual. Best of luck in the stand. Lots of leaves on the trees here still, makes sitting in the woods a neck jerking activity with limited visibility and lots of squirrels! Might have to bag a few for a stew, small game opens tomorrow which is always a fun season.

Good luck Hunts2long, saw a nice 6 ptr on my way into work yesterday morning 10' off the road, really made me wish I was driving to sit on some SGL.

Heading down to the shore this weekend for an annual camping trip with the GF, the campground sets up a halloween town type atmosphere. With any luck Ill pull a few flounder up from beneath the waves to freeze for winter. nothing beats fried flounder on a january evening!

Stay safe and shoot straight everyone. Tight Lines.
Jake

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Oct 21, 2022, 08:52 AM »

Good morning ER's hope everyone is well. Go team WW you're on a roll. WS hope Ben makes an appearance and you get your shot. I 45 hope Mr. Dickens  gets good results. Mason hope your medical stuff works in your favor. It's warm and windy here but tomorrow shorts may be called for. I'm working on the car trying to find a oil leak but no luck yet may have to take it into shop. I'm guessing it is at the oil filter mounting bracket housing.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Oct 21, 2022, 09:30 AM »
Good morning OG good luck tracking down the leak.

WW hope you have a good outing.

I need to find my list and decide on the priorities on the list and which stores to head for

WS hope you’re trip to the shack is a good one, :thumbsup:
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Oct 21, 2022, 10:29 AM »
Well the count down has been going but now on the last load of the week and waiting on samples from the other lab, but hopefully in a few hours will be headed home and getting all loaded and out for the mountain. A warmer start when I came in at 4 at 41 but the Temps dropped around sunrise to just below freezing. Tonight through Sunday weather change with snow and some colder weather setting in, might be ice fishing by Thanksgiving if it sets in like they are saying and stays around this year. Have a great Friday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #128 on: Oct 21, 2022, 03:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

67 degrees with a light NNW wind.

I have had a fairly busy day getting everything lined up for my time at the shack. I decided to give the lawn one last mowing and then changed oil in the tractor. I took the deck off the JD and put the blower on, so everything is set if we get unexpectedly dumped on. I am planning on heading to the shack in the morning and will blow leaves and finish sealing the screen door. They are calling for rain Sunday night through Monday so I will spend Sunday in the stand and hopefully will be able to sit most of Tuesday through the rest of the week. My brother will be coming on Oct. 30 so hopefully I will have one hanging by the time he shows up.

I will post when the signal allows, lately it's been pretty good.

Hope you all have a good weekend :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

The girls were watching this on You Tube. They said "Can you imagine that?" I said "Yep". Some of the other clips on Recollection road were pretty good also.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #129 on: Oct 21, 2022, 09:38 PM »
Good evening, pleasant day here with sunshine and a high temperature in the lower sixties. I met my sister for lunch in Sloatsburg,NY. (close to NY-NJ. border) we have frequented this restaurant before always good food and service. Nice time we both were able to get back to our respective homes before the start of rush hour traffic. The highest gas price I saw on my drive was $3.89 at two stations. One was just north of the school campus with the recent bear activity. guess they take advantage of motorists not familiar with the area who have gotten off of route 17 and NYS thruway which both have exits in that area.
Wallyworld if you went to oneida lake may the walleye bite still have been going strong and you found fish in same areas as previous trips.
Hunts2long good thinking improving the sightlines/shooting lanes where you sometimes sit to deer hunt at ground level. If you did not harvest a deer with the muzzle loader today best to you when you head out with your rifle.
Icefisher-45 good to read all went well at Mr. Dicken's physical may his bllod work also have contained good news.
Steidyj have a safe trip to and good time at the shore this weekend. may the flounder cooperate so you can have several fried flounder meals this Winter.
Old goat hope you were able to find and fix the oil leak on your car.
IFF were you able to find your list and prioritize which stores to visit so you could remove some items from the list. may your kitty be behaving and not trying to get out of your house.
Fish/hunt4ever may the lab samples not have shown any problems which caused you to work late. best to all of you with this weekend's elk hunting.
Whopper Stopper may you have arrived safely at the  shack or be ready to head out in the morning. have a good visit with your brother ,best to both of you with regards to deer hunting, thank you for posting the Recollection road video.
Ice wanderer/Eddie may busy days and not computer issues or illness have kept you from posting today.
Best wishes to the Northern NY. 9:45 members heading out for big game rifle season opener tomorrow. same extended to big game hunters in other locations.

Stay safe, keep healthy and have a good Saturday.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #130 on: Oct 22, 2022, 04:24 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 40* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Marv........Thanks for sharing the video, it brought back so many childhood memories. And I did almost everything we kids can't do
               today. :cookoo: They don't know what they're missing. :roflmao: Good luck at "The Shack"
                          Wally........I hope you had a successful outing on the lake, sure was a beautiful for it. :thumbsup:
                          H2l...........Good idea clearing out the lanes for a better view of what's coming. :flex:
                          Steve........Gas prices are on the rise again up here. I don't think that Brandon has put much thought to why they're high. :%$#!: :cookoo:
               I'm glad you were able to have lunch with your sister. :clap:
                          I-45..........I'm glad to read that Mr. Dickens had a good physical. :thumbsup:
                          Yesterday I left early to get out way before sunrise, but it did turn out the way I thought it would. There is always rife season.
                          I stopped over to mealworms yesterday, my #1 son, his wife shot an 8 pointer and he got a Doe during the week.
                          This morning I have to work, we're doig some clean up and some dock repair.
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Oct 22, 2022, 05:10 AM »
33* and clear. Going to be pretty warm the next few days.

Going to give the body a break today. Quite a bit of traffic this morning, I will take a ride at sun-up to see how many are hunting. Today we are all going out for OUR Birthday dinner. The wife, Lindsay and mine were all in the past month. Amber's is in Jan. and her boy friend's was also this month.

Didn't see any deer yesterday but it was another nice set. Not many leaves have come off the underbrush yet. Lots of red squirrels and birds. Last year there were very few. Talked to the guy that hunts the hill across the river from my house, he's not seen any deer either. The crowd will push them around this morning. I have never shot a deer on opening day or during the early MZ season. I have passed on a few.

WS, hope you enjoy the trip to the Shack. Good Luck!

WW, no report, you must be busy cleaning fish!

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #132 on: Oct 22, 2022, 06:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 39*, another beautiful Fall day coming our way today, high in the lower 60’s.

H2..sorry your spot didn’t produce with the muzzle loader, hopefully there will be a different result soon with the rifle season…Best of luck!!  :thumbsup:  Happy Birthday wishes to everyone, enjoy your special dinner together!  :bow:
  Jeff…same wishes to you as H2, will be looking forward to your reports..Best of luck!  :thumbsup:  CONGRATULATIONS to Mealworm and his wife on their success, especially that 8 pointer she knocked down…awesome job!!!  :clap: :bow:
  Wally…hoping to hear of another walleye slam fest from Team WW today!!!  :flex: :thumbsup:
  Steve…I was out looking for that booming economy again yesterday, I couldn’t seem to find it anywhere!  ;D  Gas prices at $3.79-$3.85 in my journey were prevalent though. Glad you had a nice lunch with your sister and were able to beat the traffic heading home!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…safe travels and best of luck wishes are with you with your Big Ben trip! Hope all the stars line up for you with this adventure …we’ll be standing by!   :thumbsup: :clap:  Thanks for sharing the video, I plan on sharing that with my children and grandchildren tomorrow…simpler and better times, we had it made!  :bow:
  FH4…best of luck to all filling tags this weekend, hope the snow stays on the low side!   :thumbsup:
  OG…Thanks, hope that oil leak is in the books…best wishes with that!   :thumbsup:
  Steidy….enjoy the shore and best of luck hammering the flounder…yum!!  :clap:
  I-45.. glad to read Mr.Dickens is doing well, hope the results were favorable… :clap:
  Dave…hope your trip back home went smoothly Sir, will be looking forward to your report Sir!   :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for the well wishes…Dr.’s appointment went as well as could be expected Thursday and no news last evening from my Covid test yesterday was a plus clearing the way for a small procedure on Monday.  :thumbsup:
  Got another round in yesterday with the leaf cleanup, lol, definitely a few more to come yet.
  Not sure what’s on today’s planner yet, tomorrow will be the traditional pumpkin patch journey with the family… ;D
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Oct 22, 2022, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....happy birthday wishes to the whole 2L crew, enjoy the celebration  :clap:

MrC....glad you had a nice visit with your sister and both avoided rush hour  :thumbsup:

WS.....sounds like you had a busy day, thanks for the memories  :woot:

IW......congrats to Mealworm and MrsWorm  :bow:

Eddie......should be a beautiful day tomorrow for the pumpkin patch, enjoy  @)

Steid.....good luck with the flounder  ;)

OG......hope you found the leak  :-\

IFF......is Kitty behaving  ???

Another good day yesterday  :thumbsup:

Leaves are on the list today  ::)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Oct 22, 2022, 07:03 AM »
Well made it to the mountain and got parked and the wind has blown all night with the approaching storm, hopefully it will dump some snow to get the elk on the move to the lower country and keep them down here a bit, but we can always see. My dad found a beautiful shed yesterday will see if I can get a picture and post it. A bull of a lifetime. Well testing was interesting yesterday found another lab missed an element and were storing bad product. But told the boss and see what they do, at least the know what needs to be done. We'll better get moving the water is starting to boil for coffee. Have a great Saturday everyone and congrats to all the good doctor visits and good news and to those who have got some nice animals for the freezer, have a great weekend.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Oct 22, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Not so good a morning for me 4:30 ish yesterday, attempting to make my last stop at a strip shopping area, two lanes of traffic had stopped to allow me to make a left turn in front of them, and a RAM 1500 with monster tires came zooming up in a right turn lane for him, contacted, drove over my front end, and shoving me into a stopped car.  No injuries except my feelings hurt.

WW way to go, Excellent

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Oct 22, 2022, 08:02 AM »
51* to start the day. I could not figure out why one of my leave piles looked white yesterday morning. Duh It was frost. First here at the house this year.

ww I wish you weren't so far away or I would raid your freezer to get some fish to eat.

Raq. If you s do not feel like helping  Holland plant their million tulip bulbs as I suggested on MFF. You can come to my place and help me clean up the 5 piles of leaves I have. When I went to put a bag of garbage in the dumper I could not tell I had blown the leaves in that area a few hours before.

Time to feed the dogs and this old dog so I can get to work hauling leaves.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Oct 22, 2022, 08:21 AM »
Not so good a morning for me 4:30 ish yesterday, attempting to make my last stop at a strip shopping area, two lanes of traffic had stopped to allow me to make a left turn in front of them, and a RAM 1500 with monster tires came zooming up in a right turn lane for him, contacted, drove over my front end, and shoving me into a stopped car.  No injuries except my feelings hurt.

So sorry IFF  :'(  Just thankful no one was injured  ;)

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #138 on: Oct 22, 2022, 08:26 AM »
Jeff congratulations to all on the deer..👍

H2L happy birthday to all..

WW congratulations to you on an other fine fish harvest..👍

Bud that sucks . Sorry to see that.. :-\

Tom they couldn’t pay me enough to move back to that rat race.
I listen to GRD radio in the morning on my phone app and I am amazed at the traffic and construction reports..😎

Good luck to everyone hitting the woods today..

Dom✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Oct 22, 2022, 10:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Mr Dickens blood work came back normal. Other then a heart murmur on his left side he’s doing well. Unfortunately have a bad headache today. I hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #140 on: Oct 22, 2022, 09:19 PM »
Good evening, beautiful sunny day here with a high temperature near seventy degrees. Sadly I see more gun violence has occurred in the U.S. yesterday a shooting during Home Coming week celebration at a fraternity house connected to Southern University in Baton Rouge,Louisianna left 9 people injured . In local news a violent confrontation this past Thursday morning left a 74 year old man dead after being stabbed at least once in the chest. Police in the Town of Wallkill(Middletown,NY. area ) were called to a fight near an exit ramp to NY. route 17 when they arrived both vehicles had left the scene .They found the 74 year old in his car at a nearby businesses parking lot rushed to hospital pronounced dead on arrival. Police found an arrested a 22 year old male in the same general area he is facing a murder charge. Local /state police asking anyone who witnessed confrontation to contact them no other details released at this time. Also one celebrity related death this past week. Some of you may remember the discovery network show American Chopper which followed the activities of Orange County Choppers after they rose to national recognition  in the custom built motorcycle world. Paul Teutul Sr. ex wife  Paula died this past Wednesday. Paula is the mother of Paul Jr. and Michael "Mikey" who along with their father appeared on the TV show. Paula also hastwo other children with paul Sr. a son Daniel and daughter Cristin .
Ice wanderer please give my congratulations to Mealworm and his wife on their deer.  May all have gone weel with the property clean up and dock repair. I assume you will hunt tomorrow or wait until Monday when there should be fewer hunters out in the woods.
Hunts2long happy Birthday greetings extended to your family may everyone enjoy the special dinner. may their have been a good number of hunters out for the benefit of the local economy. best to you this coming week in harvesting a deer.
Eddie I did not see signs of a booming economy on my trip to and from lunch with my sister. The restaurant we ate at did have a good sized crowd with people still coming in to eat when we left around 1$0 PM . This business does very well on weekend nigh nights when they have live entertainment. Also being near two state parks they get many vistors to the parks eating their especially during the Summer months. Best wished for you this Monday. have fun at the pumpkin patch tomorrow don't empty your wallet buying pumpkins and other itms.
Wallyworld I see the hot walleye bite continues in your area. Your freezer must be getting full of fillets assume some of the fish is heading to relatives. remember to leave some walleyes in the lkaes so you hopefully have similar days during ice fishing season.
Fish/hunt44ever good to read you are on the mountain may the snow bring the elk to lower elevations but not be so deep as to hamper the horses and your movements. Congratulations to your dad on finding the shed antler. Best wished to all of you in filling your tags.
IFF sorry to see you were in an auto accident . Very happy to read you were not injured your car can be repaired or replaced.
Tomturkey I have gotten up some morning this time of year looked out a window and said did it snow or just frost. Sounds like the planting of bulbs for next year's tulip festival in Holland,MI. has begun for this Fall. It does get annoying when you have cleaned up the leaves and a few hours later so many more have fallen it looks like you never cleaned up your property. Best wished to you,your son and grandson if headed out deer hunting this coming week.
Raquettedacker i guess it is the same all over as places we lived or visited often in past years have grow from small localities in to highly populated and congested areas. Best to you also with regards to deer hunting.
Icefisher-45 good to hear Mr. Dicken's blood work is normal . may he still be able to have a good quality of life by carefully monitoring the heart murmur. I hope your headache has endedand you had a good day after posting.

Keep safe and healthy. To those seeing a warm up in temperature this weekend enjoy any time spent outdoors.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #141 on: Oct 23, 2022, 04:28 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 46* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.........I hope your birthdays dinner went well. :thumbsup: Good idea staying out of the woods till the opening crowd dies off. :whistle:
                  I wish you and your team good bowling tonight. :flex:
                          Bud.........Sorry to read about your accident, but cars can be replaced not you. :blink:
                          Eddie.......Enjoy the pumpkin patch today with the kids and grandkids. :thumbsup:
                          Wally........You and Mr. WW are on fire with the eyes. Good job. :flex: :clap: Hope the leaf clean up went well. :thumbsup:
                          Marv........If your out in your stand, good luck sir, I hope Big Ben shows up. :flex:
                          Fish.........Hopefully the snow drives the Elk down out of the hills to lower ground. good luck on your hunt. :clap:
                          I-45.........I'm glad the bloodwork for Mr. Dickens was normal. :thumbsup:
                          Steid........I hope your Flounder fishing trip produced a lot of fish to bring home. :unsure:
                          Steve.......These shootings are getting out of hand, I don't know what's wrong with these people. :cookoo: Like Eddie said I haven't seen
                  anything of a booming economy like Brandon has stated. The market is unstable, gas is on the rise again. There are shortages. Friday I went to
                  the grocery store and there wasn't a head of lettuce in the store. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                          Yesterday was a beautiful day around here. We did leaf clen up mowed the grass and took up some rotten dock planks at one place. My neighbor
                  also had to sand some window sills where condensation caused some varnish to peel and staining the wood. Then we went to another place and did
                  some leaf clean up on walkways so if it rained people won't slip. Today back to the first place to replace the dock planks.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #142 on: Oct 23, 2022, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 41* start this am, rain expected to move in later this afternoon, high of 61 today.
  Believe I saw Jeff out in the waiting area, Morning Sir!

Steve…thanks, I don’t know what the prices are going to be like today, but safe to say they will higher than anything we’ve ever seen before!   :woot:     It’s a darn shame with the constant amount of violent crime going on in this country every day, not to mention the amount of repeat offender’s involved due to soft on crime policies.  :%$#!:  Hopefully we’ll see some changes coming soon!
  Jeff.. glad yesterday’s project’s went well, hope today’s go well also and leave you enough time to get an afternoon stand in if the weather holds…best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…got the fingers crossed and hopes high you and Big Ben meet up today…best of luck from me and the boys!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  I-45…good news on Mr.Dickens, hope those headaches have passed..best wishes heading your way.   :thumbsup:
  Bud…WOW!! So glad to read you were not injured, what a scary ordeal that had to be!! Hope your nerve’s have settled down some today…again, so glad you were able to avoid injury.  :bow:
  Dom…best of luck with the deer hunting today or whenever you can get out in the upcoming days!   :thumbsup:
  H2…x2 on the Birthday dinner, best of luck this morning if you’re heading out to the woods and good luck on the lanes this evening!   :thumbsup:
  Tom…hope the leaf removal went well yesterday and your wife is feeling better!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…will be waiting for your reply this morning, best of luck to all with the elk hunting!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…wow, Team WW is on fire!!! CONGRATULATIONS on another banner day with those walleyes, fantastic!  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

Slight change in plans with the family at the pumpkin patch today…meeting at noon to avoid the possibility of rain which will probably be everyone else’s plans to boot, lol. Oh well, the kids will have fun and that’s what it’s all about.  :thumbsup:  We’ll all be meeting back here afterwards for a huge batch of chili my wife prepared yesterday before calling it a day.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Oct 23, 2022, 05:33 AM »
37* and clear.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes. A great time was had by all, the food was great (as always) and the staff is TOP NOTCH.

We had Rocky again for the night.

IFF, glad no one got hurt.

WW, with this weather, I see another trip in the books. CONGRAT! My friend from Canandaigua called me yesterday, he was out on the lake. He has been doing well on the trout but I think yesterday he was going to try for some perch.

Didn't hunt yesterday or today, just too warm. Got up to 64* yesterday. When we went for dinner we drove up thru Benson. There were 2 does laying in the apple orchard.

Eddie, have fun at the pumpkin patch.

My brothers son-i-l hunted behind my brothers yesterday morning, saw 6 deer all does.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Oct 23, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Morning all,

WS......will be looking forward to your reports  :)

MrC.....sadly there are reports of those types of violence in local news reports everywhere  :(

Eddie.....hopefully many families opted to go yesterday to avoid today's rain  :-\  best wishes tomorrow  ;)

IFF.....fingers crossed you aren't too sore/achy from yesterday's collision  :unsure:

H2L.....hope you get back on track tonight  ;)2

IW......haven't noticed any shortage of lettuce/produce in this area YET  ::)

Raquette.....good luck whenever you make it to the woods  :flex:

TT.....hope MrsTT is doing better after the last doctor visit  :)

Got the leaves cleaned up again, enough of a breeze to keep them dropping as I was working tho  ::)  at least 2 more rounds to go  :blink:

Looks like a bike ride on tap today, not in Eddie's direction tho, don't need to get wet  @)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Oct 23, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 42* here with a chance of showers today. My wife is working today so not much on the planner today.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a good bike ride and stay dry.

Hunts2long, Happy Birthday to everyone. I’m sure Rocky had a good time staying over. Good luck today if you get out in the woods. Good luck tonight at bowling.

Mason Eddie, Does everyone carve out their pumpkins at your place. Chili sounds good.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully it doesn’t take to long for you to replace the dock planks.

IFF, Thats good news you didn’t get hurt in the accident.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water and good luck to those in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Oct 23, 2022, 07:09 AM »
Seen elk yesterday but they were way off as we are not doing the horses until Monday. The wife was mad that we did not chase the elk but being this area is newer to me did not know exactly how to get in there. Then seen a 1200 foot climb and not sure about getting by a couple cliffs and the other way was at least 2 hour drive to a trail head then walk from there for a couple miles. We did go and look at the area later, not all the way in, and looked around a bit but did not see anything. Others that we know went that way and were just coming out at 430, we seen them at 9 am, and they said they did not get into the elk over there. Debating what to do today as the wife is discouraged and wanting to sleep in, just cannot get them with my butt in bed. Have a good Sunday everyone enjoy.

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #147 on: Oct 23, 2022, 12:36 PM »
    ;D  Fish don't be disappointed about your honey wanting to sleep in. Us outdoor dudes are in a no win deal. Either way you will get a tongue lashing so take your pick. Then it's multiple honey do's time...seems to help. Going shopping is another option. Have a great hunt!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #148 on: Oct 23, 2022, 03:59 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

74 degrees with winds gusting to 30+mph. Tonight there are storm warnings out with fairly heavy rain possible. Tomorrow the guessers are claiming scattered showers all day. From Tuesday on we will have dropping temps and it should be a lot better for deer movement.

I have noticed a few scrapes. I decided to hunt a stand 100 yards behind the shack as one of the 10 pointers has been on the camera a few times nosing around.

Hope you all had a good Sunday :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #149 on: Oct 23, 2022, 09:12 PM »
Good evening ,cloudy for most of the day rain in forecast but still dry here at this moment. ZCM-82 Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to both of you for being among the winners in Fall Colors contestenjoy using the Custom jigs-n-Spins lures this ice fishing season.
Ice Wanderer there was a stike between the teamsters union and a Company which supplies food and other products to stores and restaurants here in the north East that maybe why you could not find lettuce while shopping. I do not know if the contract has been voted on and approved yet by union members but the strike has ended. May you and your neighbor have completed the dock repair today. Best to you this week with the deer hunting.
Eddie hope the crowd was not to big at the pumpkin patch and your grandchildren had a good time.
Hunts2long nice to hear you and the family had a good celebration of your birthdays. may you and your extended family members also have good hunting this week.
wallyworld may you have avoided any rain on the bike ride hopefully a good amount of fall color still in the areas you drove through today.
Icefisher-45 I hope the headache has ended and you had a nice day however you spent your time.
Fish/Hunt4ever may you see elk that are easier to reach during the remaining days of your hunt. the horses should make things slightly easier for all of you.
Whopper Stopper may the ten point buck still be around when the weather improves later this week . Good that you have the cameras to help monitor deer movement and several stand locations.

Have a good night . best to all fishing and hunting this week.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.