Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212413 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 2022, 06:01 AM »
Jeff I don’t think it’s about how long it’s been on I think it’s the amount of posts on it.. And I don’t have the power to change those . Administration will have to take care of that… :-\

Pat I got the family boat done.  I still have the little one.. ;)

Dom ✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 13, 2022, 06:45 AM »
53* and some clouds.

WS, hunting in the rain can be a pain but the deer seem to move.

WW, bike riding days are drawing to an end, make the best of them. Besides you have to keep some room in the freezer, hunting season is soon.

Raq, Tucker Carson has been doing some updates on the scum bag fishermen.

My vision is 20/20 but am going to have to get some reading glasses. They won't test me for about a month so until then he wants me to get bi-focal safety glasses. Today I am going out and shoot the .22 just to see how it goes. Sat. MZ opens and I don't have anything ready to go so may wait until Monday. We will see, no pun intended.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l

I did take one of the pills for my back pain. Pain wasn't as bad but I didn't sleep very well.
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Oct 13, 2022, 06:50 AM »
Dom How about sticking the old thread at the top so it does not get lost over time.? For some reason

H2L All I ever guy for reading glasses are cheap ones as they cost way less than what they will sell you at the doctor's. They come in different magnifications. You can buy them at the dollar store. They want to fit me for glasses every time I go to my eye doctor so I tell them not do that test as my insurance will not pay for it.

marv Wood screen door are not made like thy ey used to be. I was building a screened in porch. The guy said I should use a full-view
aluminum door when I complained about the quality of the wood door. I said that would look great on a wooden screened-in porch. NOT.

I mailed a scope to my grandson for the 336 Marlin that an old guy gave him. Hopefully, he gets a shot at that buck I sent you a picture of, either with his bow or the 336.

It has been a rough go for the wife since she had her hip replaced. Her pain has been terrible. I will be calling her doctor today and let him have it. We were in to see a different PA last week about the possible fracture they thought they saw at an ER. They are putting her off until her regular appointment on the 24th. >:(

Time for breakfast

Tom your welcome. It’s only temporary till everyone catches up.
 I have 3 of my old house mates from Holland coming out next summer for a weeks visit and a couple concerts in Saratoga. My bride is nervous… ;D ;D
 Hope your bride is feeling better. Take care..
  Dom  ✌️

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 13, 2022, 07:37 AM »
Well another dau at work getting ready to go and see what today brings. Need to get to cutting up the elk but I think I will start that Saturday before we go out and chase our cranes again.  One of these days need to get with my brother tonsee about the following week for elk hunting. We will be up where he likes to hunt, a little more bear activity but he will have his horses. So will let them pack out the meat, but we will see how that goes. We'll better get moving and head to work and get the day going. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Offline Steidyj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Oct 13, 2022, 08:40 AM »
Morning All,

Nice work on the Fish Wally. My family was lucky enough to find a 25" Wally up on the St Lawrence in August and it was great. Makes me hopeful to find more of them this fall and winter. A lot easier to fillet than equal weight of perch.

Best of luck to the Hunter's, look forward to sitting these coming weekends as we get into the Rut, still haven't gotten the nice cold snap in Southern Pa, which is normally when I start sitting. Ive enjoyed sitting in the SGL for archery but heard too many horror stories to do it in Rifle.

Fast and smooth recoveries for your wife Tom. I got my 1st buck with a 30-30 Marlin, my dad said it was cursed, rotated hunting with it for 30 years and never got a shot, I broke that streak in 2017. To think how many days you can sit in the woods and not see a thing (besides squirrels).

Heading out to Allegheny Natl Forest area for the weekend for some fall foliage and hiking. Have a great day everyone be safe, stay healthy.

Jake

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 13, 2022, 09:39 AM »
??? ??? ??? ??? ????? What the hell did I do ?  Am I in a twilight zone ?  I had turned on the TV must have been about 7, and was watching some series 5 of "Longmire" dosed off and think it was about 8 when a blast of wind shook the house, and the sky opened up.  Thunderstorm rolled through.  Anyway what a surprise this morning "The New 9:45 Thread"  I know I need new glasses, which my appointment for eye exam is tomorrow.  Don't look at me, what ever happened I DIDN'T DO IT.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Marv, Your noise see's new paint in here ? 

Oh my and page two already.

Eddie, pass the sugar please.
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Oct 13, 2022, 10:19 AM »
??? ??? ??? ??? ????? What the hell did I do ?  Am I in a twilight zone ?  I had turned on the TV must have been about 7, and was watching some series 5 of "Longmire" dosed off and think it was about 8 when a blast of wind shook the house, and the sky opened up.  Thunderstorm rolled through.  Anyway what a surprise this morning "The New 9:45 Thread"  I know I need new glasses, which my appointment for eye exam is tomorrow.  Don't look at me, what ever happened I DIDN'T DO IT.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Marv, Your noise see's new paint in here ? 
'

;D ;D
Same good people but starting over Bud..  hope all is well…
  Dom✌️

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #37 on: Oct 13, 2022, 11:57 AM »
IW, I have several problems with my COPD that will probably keep me off any ice we get! I have trouble with my walking and my breathing. I guess I'm just a reader now, not an ice fisherman of much account!!  :%$#!: Everyone stay safe and stay healthy!!!  :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 13, 2022, 06:42 PM »
TT great idea and thanks Dom for the “sticky” makes it a lot easier to check back pages for forgotten info  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Made a quick trip down the mountain for fuses and some Sausage as I like to over load my pizzas. Had intended to pickup some gas for a new 4 cycle string trimmer, had gas can with and yup spaced out getting gas. Duah.  lol. Good thing my body keeps my head attached or I might try leaving the house without it too

Steidyj oh those wonderful snow days. Had a 3 week one, it was 1959 rural Wisconsin
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #39 on: Oct 13, 2022, 08:55 PM »
Good Thursday evening the rain has arrived from out in the mid-west by WS and TT . Sky was overcast for all of the day light hours with a high temperature in the low sixties. Two news stories to share with you . The past two days a black bear has been seen on or near the campus of the MOnroe-Woodbury's schooldistrict middle and high school sport team practices were moved inside and a few games canceled. The school district has closed their running track to the public. Ny.DEC officers have been contact and are monitoring/investigating i assume they will try to live trap and relocate the bear. This campus is close to the intersections of State route 32 and 17 ,also an exit for the NYS Thruway but still enough undeveloped or partially developed land to support a bear population also South of the school campus are two state parks.
A gentleman from my hometown of New Windsor has been arrested along with 7 other people this group was operating an oxycodonescheme using a doctor in the NYC burough of Brooklyn fake patients would get prescriptions for ocycodone have them filled by certain pharmacists and they the group sold the pills on street.
Ice wanderer good attitude to have with the leaf clean up every time you clean up there will be less leaves left for future clean ups. It does ge tiresome when i was living in a private home one neighbor had several large oaks on his property which seemed to be amond last trees to drop their leaves and the wind ussually blew the leaves into our yard.
Wallyworld nice that you got a fall bike ride in soon it will be time to winterize the bike and put it into storage. Hope youhad a safe and fun trip to the hatchery in salmon river area of NY. .
Raquettedacker you have been a busy man closing some long running/lengthy threads and starting ne versions of them in attempt to fix/prevent server problem here on Ice Shanty. thank you for all that you do to help keep the website up and running. Good to read you got your larger boat Winterized.
Hunts2long when you go for the vision test next month may it show you only need reading glasses or can go without glasses. I hope your aim with the 22 was not to far off of bullseye.
 Fish/hunt4ever I assume you have a walk in refrigerator to store elk in until you can do butchering. Best to all of you with Saturday's crane hunting.
Steidyj good to see a second post from you have a nice visit to Allegheny National  Forest. Best to you with this year's deer hunting.
IFF I'm guessing whatever software program is used by the server for this website only has so much space /number of posts permitted per topic. So Raquettedacker had to start a new 9:45 thread to prevent problems. He has also closed and started new Threads for South Eastern New York and a couple other long running threads. nothing you or any other member did to cause problem. If it is your first time seeing this eye doctor may you like him/her and have a good visit.
OldSailor glad this website is available so you can ice fish through others posts,photos and videos. plus still share your knowledge and opinions on the sport.

May everyone stay safe and healthy .Best to all fishing and Hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #40 on: Oct 14, 2022, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady light rain moved in yesterday afternoon and hasn’t stopped yet. 47* with a high of 60 today.

Marv…will be looking forward to your post! Best of luck this morning if you’re planning on a morning stand before heading for home Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope you had a nice visit at the hatchery!  :thumbsup:  My youngest son Stephen and a few buddies are just getting ready to hit the road for a weekend trip up there, might join them for the day tomorrow for a finale.
  Steve…thanks for the news briefs, will be looking forward to the bear update…that will be about the only thumbs up I would give concerning Catch And Realease.  ;D   :thumbsup:  Got a feeling the other story will probably end the same way unfortunately.
  Jeff…I was going to attempt some leaf cleanup yesterday myself until the winds picked up, lol. Looked like it was snowing leaves for awhile.  ;D
  Bud…I’ll keep the “ sugar “ in the cabinet above the coffee pot for now on…just in case!  ;D  Good luck with today’s appointment!   :thumbsup:
  OS…X2 on Steve’s post… :tipup:
  Steidy…congrats on putting a notch in that 30-30 with your first buck, well done!  :clap:  Enjoy the hiking trip this weekend!  :thumbsup:
  H2…excellent news on the eye progress!  :clap:  How did the plinking go yesterday?  My son Mike is heading to the Tupper Lake area later this afternoon for tomorrow’s opener…
  FH4…hope you have an easy day wrapping up the week, best of luck with the cranes and getting that elk in the freezer this weekend.   :thumbsup:
  Tom…best wishes to your wife, hope she sees some relief soon!  :thumbsup: 
  Dom…best of luck with tomorrow’s opener if you’re heading out!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope all is well up in the Great North and we see you posting again soon Sir!   :thumbsup:

Well it looks like everyone has just about settled in to the new room so far!  Nice job on adding the sticky on top Dom!  :thumbsup:  :clap:
  Rain is letting up now and is supposed to move out sometime after sunrise. Will finish up planting the rest of my garlic this afternoon and scratch that off the list.
  Not a whole lot planned for today yet but it’s early yet, lol….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Oct 14, 2022, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello before heading to the lake. Hope yesterday's rain/wind didn't chase the eyes away  :unsure:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #42 on: Oct 14, 2022, 05:04 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 46* and cloudy here on my hill. Sun is suppose to show this morning. ::)
                           Eddie..........Good luck to your son Mike for tomorrows opener. :thumbsup: Hopefully Stephen and his buddies can get on some fish at the river. :flex:
                           Marv...........Hopeful ly you can get a morning hunt before going home. :unsure:
                           Wally..........Stewart s has some good ice cream. :clap:
                           Steve.........Just a reminder, we have invaded the bears territory and they probably are just looking for a meal. Yesterday...I stopped in  to my friend
                  garage and across the road were two cubs in an apple tree trying to get the last of the apples that were high on the thin branches. I went over to get a
                  picture but the scurried away. ::)
                           H2l............I'm glad you had a good report from your eye Dr.. Your eyes will take time to adjust and might be a little watery for a while. :unsure:
                           OS............I'm sorry for your other issue that keeps you from the ice. We will try to keep you up on our fishing outings the best we can. :thumbsup:
                           Bud...........I seem to have the same problem, so I write my self notes to remind myself when out shopping. :woot:
                           Tom...........I hope your wife  hip improves soon. :flex:
                           Fish...........Hope you can get through today and on to better things like you crane hunting. :flex:
                           Dom..........Good luck tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                           Like Eddie...I'm not sure what's on the planner for today, I will have to see when it gets light. I'm ready for tomorrow's opener.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Oct 14, 2022, 05:25 AM »
Eddie and Jeff thanks but I will be at the greenhouses tomorrow…
  Everyone have a great day.
  Dom✌️

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Oct 14, 2022, 05:50 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

33 degrees with a light snow falling ??? We may see the mid 40's by mid day.

WW...best of luck to you and the Mr. today :thumbsup:

Eddie... best of luck today :thumbsup:

Steidyj...Welcome to the 9:45 :thumbsup:

The rain never stopped yesterday morning so I broke camp and headed for home. I had lots of wet gear to stow away and then I got my big blower out and gave the leaves a good first blast.

As h2l mentioned the patterns have change. Wednesday night in the rain I did see 4 deer. 3 were bald and the fourth was a Y-buck  intent on playing boy games. It was fun watching him chase after the other 3 which had zero interest. I also saw on one of the cameras where a decent 10pt chased a smaller buck out of the area. I am looking forward to my next trip north as the chasing phase should be going full tilt 

This coming week will be busy then I am heading back for a third go at Big Ben. Today I am going to go get a flu shot.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Oct 14, 2022, 06:22 AM »
47* and cloudy. We got some heavy wind and rain yesterday PM. Got a lot of leaves off the trees.

WW. good luck today.

WS, always seems to be a lot of deer around late summer, then about mid Sept. they start to get into their fall patterns. Am starting to see some bucks and does together.

Pretty sure I will only need reading glasses. The doctor just thinks it best to wear something while everything heals. I couldn't find anything around town so order some from Amazon which should be here soon. I suppose it is best while in the woods to wear some form of glasses.

Shooting the .22 was OK, I can see the cross hairs fine.

The Northville launch, yesterday.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Oct 14, 2022, 09:17 AM »
Good morning everyone, 54* here and rainy. My wife is home today and sleeping. Not much on the planner today. Just got a oil delivery. Fortunately the landlord is paying for the oil because the second floor is on the same system. Lucky for us. Mr Dickens eye appointment went well. They check the pressure in his eyes even though he’s blind.

Hunts2long, Hope your reading glasses come in soon. Are they prescription?

Whopper Stopper, Are you getting the Covid booster as well?

Raquettedacker, Greenhouses do keep you busy.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a good day.

WallyWorld, Good luck today on the lake.

MasonEddie, Garlic from the garden is the best.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one either on the water or in the woods today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Oct 14, 2022, 03:52 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Are you getting the Covid booster as well?

Yes Sir.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Oct 14, 2022, 05:55 PM »
Another good day on the water

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Oct 14, 2022, 07:51 PM »
No cold room yet but want to build one out of a conex but with the front thalf a cutting room. I want a 40 footer with 9 foot ceilings but now the price is above my level again. But the shop is staying cool enough. Was a good day at work just another long one, but no overtime since I did not work 40 hours this week, but still makes for more money. Well watching the rookie with the family and having a relaxing time. Have a good one everyone hopefully post tomorrow before crane hunting, maybe while meat cutting.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Oct 14, 2022, 08:30 PM »
WallyWorld, Congratulations on a great catch. Beautiful fish

Fish, Good luck tomorrow.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #51 on: Oct 14, 2022, 10:45 PM »
Good evening pleasant summy day here with an afternoon high in the upper sixties. Update on the bear story as of this morning the Monroe-Woodbury school district had added more security personal to watch the school campus and was planning to have outside physical education classes and recess at elementary school athletic games will be held today. I tried to access the district's website before logging-in here on ice shanty but had problems will try tomorrow plus check local media sources to see if the bear returned to the campus. Three schools on the campus elementary,middle,high school the main artificial turf athletic field is behind the elementary school the middle and high schools sit on a hill over looking the field and running track. On the opposite side of state highway from elementary school is a large outlet shopping mall "Woodbury Commons" if the bear shows up there it will cause much excitement.
updates on the Newburgh and Poughkeepsie shootings.  Newburgh school district will have increased school and law enforcement presence in parking lots during high traffic times and athletic games will have earlier start times. also stricter spectator guidelines. Tomorrow will be atest of all of these measures when Newburgh hosts long time rival Kingston in a varsity football game.
In the the Poughkeepsie motel shooting one of the men arrested had entered the lobby around 7:30 AM that Sunday yelling and Cursing tried to get behind  front lobby desk his path blocked by a motel employee. He then walked towards a table seating area firing a 9mm pistol one of the bullets struck and killed a father of a Marist college student who was in the area for Marist's  Fall Parents weekend. upon arriving at motel police spotted a man in courtyard of motel when told to get on the ground he took off after a brief chase he complied with police orders. A search of this man's room at motel found numerous weapons including an AR-15 style riffle with defaced serial number  plus accessories for the weapons. the 9mm pistol used in shooting had been modified so that it functioned like an automatic weapon.   After shooting up the lobby gun men went outside still firing the pistol then black the pistol a magazine for it jacket and face covering he was wearing on top of a car and tried to  make his way back into motel. Gunmen facing murder charges. gentlemen with multiple firearms in his room facing weapons posession charges .
Ice Wanderer I agree we have taken over bear's territory and need to find way to co-exist with them. Be careful when approaching any cubs if you can not see the mother bear and watch her reactions to your presence. Best wished for you if you go out with the muzzle loader tomorrow.
Raquettedacker hopefully you can get out during the work week when there should be less hunters out in the woods . best wished for you also in  harvesting a nice buck.
whopper Stopper hope you did not need to get the snow blower and shovels out of storage today.may you have better weather and see more deer activity when you return to the shack for round three of deer hunting. may all go well when you remove the tree limb for the customer.
Icefisher-45 nice that the fuel oil cost is covered through your rent . similar here at my condo complex with the natural gas used for heating and hot water. I do receive a quarterly bill for water and town sewer usage plus seprate electric bill. I assume the vet checks Mr. Dickens eye pressure to check for development of gluacomma (spelling ?) .
wallyworl congratulations to both of you on another good fishing trip. may this good fortune continue when Mr.WW starts his deer hunting. maybe time to think about buying lottery tickets.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for answering my question about the walk-in cooler/cold room. glad the temperature in your shop has been cold enough to prevent the elk from starting to spoil. best to you with the butchering and all of you with the crane hunting tomorrow.
Eddie may both of your sons have safe travel this weekend. Best wished to Stephen and his friends may they catch some salmon . Best wished for you if you joine them . may Mike see some deer and get a shot at one this weekend up in the Tupper Lake area.
Drifter ditto Eddie's words may all be good with you up there in Yellow Knife.

Have a good night. keep safe and healthy. best to all hunting and fishing.
  Steve

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Oct 15, 2022, 12:04 AM »
                Good morning ER's,
                        It's 48* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Dom........I suppose the thread would have a meltdown if it went any farther, like "Y2K" was suppose to do Lol :roflmao:
                It doesn't matter, its the same friends and the same everything. :woot:
                        Wally.......Congratula tions on the banner day, it was a beautiful day to be out. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :bow:
                        H2l..........I hope your surgery went well. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie.......Sorry that the museum was closed, you'd think on a holiday they would be open? ???
                        Marv........Sorry the wind was too much to be in the stand. :cookoo:
                        Bud.........When I first got on this new page, Raquette had posted your last post and when I read it it, I thought it was from him.
                I said to myself....Self this can't be right where Dom lives there is more snow than that. it pays to look at every word. :whistle:
                        Yesterday was such a beautiful day, so my wife and I went for a ride to see the colorful trees, and stopped in Schroon Lake for lunch
                at Flannigan's Bar and Grill. Lunch was fantastic.
                        Today looks like leaf clean up day.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Love Flannigans. We always have a lunch when we camp at Eagle Point. Sticks and Stones has some good fare as well

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #53 on: Oct 15, 2022, 04:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 42* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Steve...........What is gotten in to people, that's crazy at the motel. :cookoo:
                          Fish..............Good luck today cutting up the Elk and good luck later crane hunting. :flex:
                          Dom.............How much longer are you keeping the greenhouse open? ???
                          Wally............Congr atulations on another banner day. :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:
                          Marv.............I like hunting when it's snowing, it's generally really quiet. :thumbsup:
                          Eddie............Good luck if you headed up with the boys. :thumbsup:
                          I-45..............Glad that Mr. Dickens appointment went well. :clap:
                          Yesterday I posted that I was ready for today's opener, I forgot I have to work today, we are doing a deck repair and fixing a leaky toilet.
                There is always tomorrow and all week.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #54 on: Oct 15, 2022, 05:37 AM »
Another good day on the water

Another great job Pat…👍👍👍

Icefisher and Jeff a couple of the greenhouses will be heated and full of two separate crops of plants all winter..😎
  Everyone have a great day.
    Dom✌️

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Oct 15, 2022, 05:53 AM »
38* and clear.

WW, nice catch. If I were you I would ride the bike in the summer and fish the fall. The fall bite has been good to you.

IW and Raq, I am waiting for the weekend hunters to get the deer stirred-up. The under cover is very thick, it's going to be warm and my safety glasses haven't come yet. Besides in 65 years I have never shot a deer on opening day.

The wife and I are driving out to Palatine Bridge to pick up my sister and her son. Going to take a ride up thru the hills and then they are coming here for the night.

Mr.C, those 2 cities must have changed a lot in the past 30/40 years. Even 12 or 15 years ago when I worked down there they weren't bad but you could see the change coming.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #56 on: Oct 15, 2022, 07:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  40* and calm, high of 63 forecasted for today.

H2…going to be a nice day for a ride with the family, enjoy!  :clap:
  Dom…hope you have a great day in the greenhouse’s…what will you be growing through the winter months?  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…don’t know how I forgot to mention best of luck wishes to you with today’s opener yesterday, so best of luck with tomorrow’s hunt if that’s on the agenda!  :thumbsup:  Hope your work day goes well today!
  Wally…another outstanding job by Team WW…CONGRATULATIONS and thanks for sharing the awesome pictures!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Steve…thanks for sharing the news updates, will pass the good luck wishes on to the boys!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you’re not knee deep in the white stuff this morning!  ;D  Sorry the rain put a hurting on your hunting trip, definitely difficult to deal with.  :%$#!:  Hope the weeks planner flies by for you and you know we’ll waiting for the next Big Ben adventure to begin again!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45…glad Mr.Dickens appointment went well and you dodged the bullet on that oil delivery!   :clap:
  FH4…best of luck with the cranes this weekend and getting the elk butchered up!  :thumbsup: 

Have been getting some messages from my sons since about 5:45 this morning. Mike was on his way into the timber with a black powder rifle and Steve getting ready to go knee deep in the river…got ourselves a cast and blast going today, lol.  :thumbsup:  So far it’s the salmon 2, Steve 0 and Mike hasn’t seen anything yet.  ;D
   I decided last night around 9pm to take a pass on the road trip to the Salmon River. As much as I wanted to get one last trip in, I was more than satisfied with the outcome of our 3 Generations Strong trip…besides, this was a special trip for my son and his buddies and they didn’t need the old man interfering.  ;D
  Lots of leaves on the ground to take care of today and a few errands to run…Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Oct 15, 2022, 08:07 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sorry you ended up cutting your trip short, what did you do to piss off Mother Nature  ??? :unsure:

Steidyj.....the St Lawrence has some dandy fish, congrats on the 25" eye  :thumbsup:

Eddie....good luck to "the boys" on the surf and turf adventures  ;D

IW.....hope the work day goes smoothly, good luck tomorrow  ;)

H2L....thanks for sharing the launch pic, you weren't kidding when you said the water level was down  :o enjoy the family time  :)

IF45....good news on Mr Dickens  :clap: 

MrC......hopefully the bear has moved on  ;)  definitely some real crazies holding guns everywhere  >:(  hunting has already started, no luck yet  :-\

Raquette.....good luck whenever you get the chance to hit the woods  @)

Thanks for the kind words, we've definitely been blessed with some fantastic outings lately  :bow:

Here's a couple pics from the hatchery the other day

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Oct 15, 2022, 08:19 AM »
Good morning ER’s.  WW, Got the eye appointment done, took several hours for the blurry  vision to Fade away from being dilated. Had a little fun with the doctor, would purposely read the letters from right to left. I ask if I was dialectic or just used to reading Chinese ??? 🤫. Was told my Cataracs nothing to worry about yet :thumbsup:

Daughter saying would plan on returning here in a couple weeks, wanted to sort out winter clothes to bring with, I then ask “they have winter here” ??? 

Got a flu shot at the Doctors office, but will have to visit a pharmacy to get the Covid booster‘s

Best to all out hunting or fishing   Not sure what I will do the rest of my day have to find my list.

Be safe all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Oct 15, 2022, 09:08 PM »
Well first off got pancakes done and the coffee for the wife and I ready to eat a nice breakfast and got a call from work to go in amd test some product. Then got all that done and got ready to head out for the cranes and the wife and I set up in a good spot and had 3 fly over really low and we got it done tonight

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.