Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 217292 times)

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #180 on: Oct 26, 2022, 08:33 AM »
Good morning to all, never posted this thread, but being a mechanical guy, when i see ridiculously talented craftsmanship I just gotta share.

A friend called me to put plumbing/ lights on his new mancave bar.
7 am it was a pile of blank lumber( except for top)  At 4 pm it looked like this w/ no power tools used to carve, plane or assemble. 2 Amish brothers from the thumb w/ tools older than this old dude

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #181 on: Oct 26, 2022, 09:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 63 here and rainy. My wife is working today. Waiting for a callback from my headache Dr as my headaches are getting worse. Gas station near me apparently had diesel in the tanks and a few vehicles put diesel in their cars. Fortunately we don’t use that gas station.

WallyWorld, Congratulations on a great day on the water.

Ronni D, That is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

Zcm, Hopefully the roof leak is a easy fix.

IFF, Hopefully it’s nothing serious with your truck.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck today. Hopefully that big Buck comes back.

Ice Wanderer, Thank you for the jokes everyday. Always gives me a good laugh. Hopefully the water heater job is easy.

Mason Eddie, Remember Drs orders to rest. Hope you have a good day. 

Hope everyone has a great and safe day whether your on the water or hunting or working.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #182 on: Oct 26, 2022, 12:23 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

First off, Welcome Ronnie D. Nice to have you here, stop by the new 9:45 whenever you can :thumbsup:

45...I hope they can figure out what's causing the headaches. I hope IW & OS's jokes take your mind off the pain at least for a little while.

Z..best of luck with the roof :thumbsup:

Reception stinks today, this is my third try.

A different day on the stand from  yesterday.  At daybreak I  heard a deer coming from downwind of me. It was a nice heavy 8pt or 10pt. I figured it would walk into my lane but he stopped well short and caught my scent. He didn't flag but he blew air as he busted out of there :%$#!:

On a nother note a skanky spike walked exactly where the big one did and came right out into an opening at 20 yards broadside  :cookoo: he of course hung around for 15 minutes.

Time for A sandwich and stand change.

Hope you are all having a good day :thumbsup:
Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Oct 26, 2022, 12:43 PM »
Whopper Stopper, Hope the stand change was better. IW and OS jokes do help.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #184 on: Oct 26, 2022, 02:36 PM »
Winter wonderland mode, ACTIVATED!!!!!   ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #185 on: Oct 26, 2022, 04:53 PM »
Well should have had 2 on the ground this morning but all were misses. Thought one was hit but we searched and searched to no blood or anything. Well we will see what happens later. Oh and seen some from the camper and my dad had some horses spook the elk where he was hunting. Well see what we can see tonight.

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #186 on: Oct 26, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Good evening after some light fog this morning turned into a nice day high temperature in low seventies currently in upper fifties outside.
Hunts2long think we all have woken up and taken quick look at clock and think it is a different time then what is showing on the clock.. Thank you for mentioning the Covid booster and Flu shots i need to make an appointment to get mine.
Eddie glad everything went well with the IV port install.Depending on amount of leaves left on trees there maybe 2 inches of them on ground by the time you are next able to clean them up .
Ice Wanderer I hope you were able to help son#2's friend with the water heater problem and not a big job to get it working properly.
Zcm-82 good to read you have ordered a limb saver pad to make shooting the new rifle a more comfortable experience. may you have located where you roof is leaking an be able to repair the spot.
Wallyworld congratulations to both of you ,your freezer must be getting full of fillets .  :clap: :thumbsup:
IFF may you receive a good settlement for your car. I hope the problem with pick-up truck is an easy and cheap repair.
Ronnie D welcome to the new (;45 thread. Your friend must be proud to own such a nice bar. Very nice work by the two Amish brothers.
Icefisher-45 may you have received a phone call from your headache doctor and have an appointment to see him/her soon . Good to read you do not purchase gasoline at station that had the fuel mix up.
Drifter may you have already put the plow blade on your SXS and be ready to move the snow once it stops falling.
Whopper Stopper may you get another chance at taking one of the big bucks that frequent your property. Hopefully wind direction will be in your favor when Big Ben or one of the other large bucks pays you a visit.
Fish/hunt4ever at least you are seeing elk may tomorrow's hunting have better results for all of you.
Tomturkey may your wife be over her post surgery pain and getting around easier.

Keep safe,stay healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #187 on: Oct 27, 2022, 03:27 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:
37 degrees with a light south wind. Not a good direction for me again today.

Yesterday afternoon/night the deer activity remained good. I saw a spike, 3 does and 2 kids. I couldn't believe there wasn't a buck following one of the does but not the case.

Crazy thing tonight. I woke up around midnight to a weird sound.  It sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I got up, grabbed my flashlight and walked into the livingroom and shined out the window where the noise was coming from. Here there was a bear standing on it's hind feet on the other side of the window scratching the glass. When I hollered at it the bear took off. I went outside and checked my 4 wheeler and generator to see if it had done any damage but both were fine. I will post a picture in the daylight of its prints on the glass. That will  wake you up :woot:

Only a couple hours until stand time.

Hope you all have a good Thursday  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #188 on: Oct 27, 2022, 04:40 AM »
That must have been exciting Marv.. :o
 Good luck today..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #189 on: Oct 27, 2022, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                            It's 51* and mostly cloudy. ::)
                            Marv........That's something you are probably not use to, a bear for an alarm clock. :roflmao: I'm glad he didn't cause any damage. :blink:
                 Maybe today is the day you get a shot off. :thumbsup:
                            Ronnie D...Welcome to the new 9:45 club. :clap: That is a nice piece of workmanship, thanks for sharing. :flex:
                            Wally........My weather here was similar yesterday, but I did manage to get leaves done when I got home from the job. :whistle:
                            Eddie........I hope you are resting the way your Dr. ordered. :whistle:
                            Zcm..........I've been going to Maine for the last 40+ years, we own a lease on a camp in the North Maine woods. I just put a little $$$
                  away each week to be able to afford to go. :flex:
                            I-45..........Thank you for the compliment on the Jokes. :clap: I hope your Headache Dr. can help. :unsure:
                            Steve........I too woke to ground fog yesterday, these warm temperatures is confusing mother nature. :blink:
                            Dave.........It's probably the norm for you to have snow by now, beautiful pictures. Thank you. :flex: :thumbsup:
                            Yesterdays job went to easy, I got to the persons house and found that the reset on the thermostat on the water heater had tripped. No
                   telling why. I waited until the water got hot and good to go.
                            Not sure what's on the planner today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #190 on: Oct 27, 2022, 04:59 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  NW winds ripping pretty good here this am 15-25mph, 50* and dropping but should bounce back to a high of 53 later today.

Marv…what a way to wake up, wow!  :woot:  Glad the activity is picking up, hope you can play those winds to your advantage in deciding which stand will work the best…hoping today is the day to stick one of those bucks you’ve been paying your dues for! We’ll be standing by…best of luck!   :thumbsup:
   Steve…too dark to see much this morning, but have no doubts the trees have been raining leaves all night, lol.  ;D
  FH4…sooo close again! Hopefully the opportunity presented itself again yesterday afternoon, will keep the good luck wishes flowing and looking forward to your next report!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…Welcome back!!!  :clap:  Looks like winter is settling back in again…still waiting for the first snow flake here yet, lol. Hope all is well and best wishes with that new shanty you have on the planner!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…happy you missed out on that gas station blend, that’s going to create some major headaches for some!  :woot:  Hope you were able to get an appointment with your Dr., best wishes continued.   :thumbsup:
  Ronnie…welcome to the 9:45, awesome pictures and craftsmanship!   :clap:
  Wally…thank you, if your weather is similar to what’s happening here today the bakery would probably  be a good place to spend some time!  :thumbsup:
  Z…hope you were able to find and patch the leak!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff/H2…slight drop in temperatures today might be the ticket for those deer, but now the wind might be a factor, Doh! Best of luck if heading out today!

Early Dr. appointment today and not much else on the planner…will check in later to see how everyone is doing…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #191 on: Oct 27, 2022, 05:57 AM »
50* and windy.
Ronnie, welcome to the morning club, stop in anytime.

WS, I wonder who was more surprised when the light came on.

Mr. C, good luck with the shots. I had no issues other than on arm a little sore and I not sure which shot that was.

Drifter, Thanks for the "reminder", but not let.

Eddie, looks like I will be back in the "hunt" on Friday. It going to be pretty windy today but they are calling for frost tonight.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #192 on: Oct 27, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 55* here and cloudy. My wife is at work. She got stopped coming home last night because her drivers side headlight was out. Will have to replace that this weekend. Headache is still very bad. Unfortunately Doctor never called me last night.

Drifter, Nothing better then the first snow.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck today. That was good the Bear didn’t damage the wheeler or the generator.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good it was a easy fix Hope you have a great day.

Mason Eddie, Good luck at the Doctors. Hope you have a restful day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #193 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:31 AM »
Morning all,

WS......bet your face looked like this  :o :o  :roflmao:  maybe yogi's visit was an omen of good luck for you in the woods today  :whistle:

Eddie.....best wishes at the doc's today, hope the port is healing as it should  :)

IW....hopefully the breaker tripping was a 1 time thing  :unsure:

H2L....Mother Nature certainly hasn't been kind to the early season hunters  :nono:

Drifter.....sure is pretty  ;D

IF45....sorry you didn't hear back from your doctor  :(

MrC....my arm was sore from the covid booster, no reaction of any kind from the flu shot  :clap:  I spaced my shots 2 weeks apart even tho "they" say it's ok to get them together  :-\

FH4.....you'll get them mext time  :flex:

Think I'll take Eddie's suggestion and find something to bake today  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #194 on: Oct 27, 2022, 10:37 AM »
Hermit bars ready for the oven

Hot out of the oven, smells like fall in here

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #195 on: Oct 27, 2022, 12:27 PM »
Marv
Had one of them things harassing me last summer.
Kept coming back until Mr. Remington was unleashed in it's general direction.
  ;)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Oct 27, 2022, 02:20 PM »
WallyWorld, Those Hermit bars look delicious.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #197 on: Oct 27, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

Dave...welcome back :thumbsup: I thought of you when that beast was looking in. Here they don't let you blast them for Yogi peeping. We often have to wash the windows from prints, I'm just hoping they never get inside.

WW...the bars look awesome  :clap: :clap: remember if you ever send me some I need extra salt ;D

It has been a slow day on stand so far just one doe walking through.  We are on the brink of mist/rain so maybe things will perk up.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  :thumbsup:

Stay safe a d keep healthy.

WS

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #198 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:01 PM »
Good evening warm temperatures continue reached the middle sixties again today . Have to look at the extended weather forecast to see when more seasonal temperatures will return to my region of NY. If any of you have been looking for the In-Fisherman 2023 tactical gear ice fishing guide it is out on magazine displays picked up a copy at my local Barnes-n-Noble earlier this week.
Whopper Stopper never good to be awoken by a noise in the night. I'm glad for you that the bear did not damage the four wheeler or generator and thankfully did not get into the shack. You may have to make some bear boards to put by entrances and under windows to deter the bears from trying to get into the shack. may you see and get a chance to harvest one of the bigger bucks while in one of your stands tomorrow. safe travel wished for your brother have a good time hunting together.
Raquettedacker do you have the green houses ready for Winter.  Best to you with the deer hunting.
Ice Wanderer good to read the water heater problem was a simple one to fix. Hopefully your son's friend keeps a watch on the heater and if the thermostat reset trip again has the water heater serviced.
Eddie winds earlier today were bringing down leaves here may the build up in your yard not get to thick before you can get back out raking or whatever clean-up method you use on your property. may the port not be causing you to much pain.
Hunts2long I had arm/injection site soreness after getting first two Covid shots and thankfully no other reactions. Best to you in the woods tomorrow.
Icefisher-45 may repairing the headlight on your wife's car be an easy job. i hope you heard from the doctor today.
Wallyworld a relative of mine who is a nurse suggested i get the Covid booster and Flu shots separately. glad you had no major reaction to either shot. Those Hermit bars look great guess Mr.WW needs some treats when deer hunting.
drifter may you have the snow cleared from around your home. How did you like the new to you truck's performance in the snow.
Fish/hunt4ever may it have been a good day of hunting for you and the family.

Have a good night, keep healthy and safe. best to all fishing and hunting.
   Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #199 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

The afternoon/evening hunt turned out good numbers. I had only seen 1 deer up until 4:30 pm but then they started moving. In the end I saw one spike and one unicorn looking thing. 7 does and 6 kids. None of the does showed any sign being in heat. So the best should be yet to come.

Time for bed, I'm bushed.

Hope you all had a good day  :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #200 on: Oct 28, 2022, 04:41 AM »

good morning ER's,
                     It's 30* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                     Marv.........I'm glad that the deer are moving , that's a good sign. :thumbsup:
                     I-45.........Sorry to read that your Dr. hasn't returned your call and the headaches are still bad. :cookoo:
                     Wally........The Hermit bars look fabulous. Yum Yum. :thumbsup:
                     Fish..........I hope the hunting improved yesterday. :unsure: 
                     H2l...........The temps are suited better this morning for a sit in the woods. :whistle:
                     Eddie........How long do you have to rest up with the port? ???
                     Dave.........How much did you get in that snowfall? ???
                     Steve........I haven't seen an In-Fisherman magazine in a while. :blink:
                     I got a call from the woman with the water heater problem, loks lke it sprung a leak yesterday, so I'll be there this morning replacing it.
                     I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #201 on: Oct 28, 2022, 04:47 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello this morning, hitting the lake again  :thumbsup:

WS....fingers crossed today's the day  ;)2

IW....good luck with the install  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #202 on: Oct 28, 2022, 04:55 AM »
Good luck again team WW..  Going to be a chilly morning…
 Dom✌️

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #203 on: Oct 28, 2022, 05:03 AM »
29* and clear.

WW, you should stay warm, landing all those fish.

Will check back later, going to hit the woods....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #204 on: Oct 28, 2022, 05:05 AM »
  Good morning ER's glad it's Friday. Warm spell here for another week at least. Best of luck to all today.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #205 on: Oct 28, 2022, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Frost with 31* here at the moment, topping out at 50 today.

OG…happy Friday, how’s the deal hunting been going?  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…good luck with the repair this morning, hopefully it’s an easy fix and you can put some time in at your stand today..best of luck!  :thumbsup:  The port unfortunately will be a part of me for awhile yet..it got its first maiden voyage yesterday.
   H2…nice morning to be out today, hope the deer on the move for you…best of luck!  :clap:
  Wally…will be looking forward to your report, best of luck to Team WW with another slammer day!!  :clap:  I’m sure those hermit bars will be put to good use today…yum!  ;D
  Marv…glad the action picked up yesterday afternoon! With that many does on the prowl I’m sure the big bucks aren’t too far away. Best of luck with this morning’s choice of stands..will be standing by!   :thumbsup:
  Dom..hope the Greenhouse’s are all doing well.  :thumbsup:  Did you have to cut back on staff for the season?
  Steve…the port was a little sensitive for the last couple days but getting better, thanks. Those strong winds we had here were actually a big help with the leaf cleanup.  :thumbsup:
  I-45…hope you heard something from the Dr., best wishes to you with that and getting the car issue taken care of!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope that was it for the snow up your way! Starting to see any skim ice in the bay yet?   :thumbsup:

Dr.’s appointment went ok yesterday, was there longer than expected with a few delay’s but we got through it ok. Got the no no on being able to do several things including hunting because of its placement just below my collarbone, so that kind of sucked but no room to argue, lol.
  Not much on the planner yet, Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #206 on: Oct 28, 2022, 06:24 AM »
Ed I’m the staff right now..
 Hope your felling well pal…

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #207 on: Oct 28, 2022, 06:41 AM »
Morning all, 36° and clear here.

I did find my leak, actually 2 leaks close to each other... nowhere in town had any roofing tar, though  >:( Hoping it doesn't rain before I can snag some. That vent seal is all cracked up, then one right on the edge of the garage where it meets the house. The garage roof leaking has been a constant battle since I bought the house... I have to tar it every year or two. Whoever roofed it did a really crappy job. It's sheet metal, but it's uneven and they didn't do the seams right.  :-\

Went out and punished myself again with the 375 yesterday. Found one decent load, but still nothing great. My shoulder cried uncle before I was done with all my test groups, though, so I'm hoping there's still a better shooter left in the ones I didn't get to. Popped a few rounds through the old 303 and 300 Savages, too before I brutalized myself with that Winchester.

masoneddie - bummer on the hunting... even a no go if you used something real mild like a 357 Mag or 300 Blackout? Those both have negligible recoil in rifles.

ww - good luck!

WS - I'd about give my left leg to see that many deer in an entire season, let alone one day  :roflmao:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #208 on: Oct 28, 2022, 10:30 AM »
WW
About 6"-8"

Eddie
Not yet.
Just a wee bit on the small ponds around town.
There isn't even enough yet for them to do ice measurements.
This time next week will be different though.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #209 on: Oct 28, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Good afternoon everyone.

54 degrees a run of warmer weather coming.

Z....I used to hunt with a bigger gang here in WI for rifle season. There were 20-25 guys most days and they primarily did deer drives to  push deer out to standers. Often they would push 30-40 deer out on every drive. Not unusual in those days to make 6-8 drives a day and only see 3-4 bucks in a day.

My wife came up last night so I skipped going out this morning.

I will hit it agai this afternoon.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.