Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 216844 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1260 on: Jan 30, 2023, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 24* and cloudy with snow showers today. ::)
                         Wally........I hope the welder shows up early enough to get the job done and Mr. WW can get it up and running today.  :flex: I have one question...
                If the leak is inside the firebox then why would Mr. WW have to tear the boiler apart, wouldn't have to be welded from the inside the firebox? I hope
                you took some pictures. :unsure:
                        H2l...........Well you and I were 50/50 on the games, despite a questionable call on roughing the passer. :whistle: How did the bowling go last night? ???
                        Marv.........I must be a little slow....I didn't see the humor of your photo till this morning. :roflmao:
                        Eddie........I hope everyone enjoyed meeting Finleigh. :thumbsup:
                        Steve........I would have thought you would have had your fishing license long before winter even started. :unsure: Yes the temperatures for the end
                of the week look promising. Jon sent me a forecast for Blue Mt. Lake -24* and a wind chill of 52* below on Friday. :clap:
                        Bud...........If you're planning on cutting more firewood, I suggest a wood splitter would be a smart investment. :flex:
                        My predictions were  wre off on the second game but it could have gone either way.
                        The snow slid off my roof during the night so this morning I have to take care of some clean up on my front walkway and off the back deck.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1261 on: Jan 30, 2023, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hard to explain since I'm not really sure how the whole thing works but I'll try  ;)
here's what the leak looked like as it was happening

here's the boiler

apparently that square just under the fire box opening is where the water circulates (called the water jacket) and there is another piece of metal on the inside of the fire box which rusted thru causing the water to leak. The welder has to cut out a piece from the front to get to the piece in the back to weld a new piece in to replace the rusted section. So MrWW had to tear it apart to get to the front piece of metal and he had drain all the water/antifreeze out of the system. Hope that kind of all makes sense  :unsure:  the welder should be here around 8, fingers crossed it's easier to fix the problem than it was for me to try to explain  :roflmao: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1262 on: Jan 30, 2023, 06:08 AM »
He is very good :thumbsup: I wanted my s-i-l to buy a Hammered Dulcimer because she picks that kind of stuff up pretty fast. She thought about it but just didn't have the time to commit.

Best of luck with the scan results TT :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine took a pine tree down yesterday and sent me a picture before he dropped it. I thought some may enjoy some "Tree Chopper" humor

WS

That’s great Marv..👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Good Morning Everyone, 41* here and cloudy. Me and Mr Dickens ventured out to pay the rent. Landlord likes it deposited into the bank. We saw some people on the ice. Not sure how safe it is. My wife is working today. Taking me to my procedure on Tuesday. Hopefully they can figure out where all the blood is coming from.

Raquettedacker, What type of Tortoise is Misty. She does a good job of moving furniture for you.

Tom Turkey, Prayers you get good results.

WallyWorld, Good thing you were home. Are you going to need a new boiler?

Hunts2long, How is your wife? Good luck tonight on the lanes.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like a relaxing afternoon.

Mason Eddie, Happy Belated Birthday to Finleighs mom. Spaghetti and meatballs sound delicious. That’s great that your family is all getting together.

IFF, Thats a lot of cordwood.

Whopper Stopper, Have a great day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one

She’s a Sulcata. Look back through the pages I posted the information about her..

Hope it’s an easy fix WW..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1263 on: Jan 30, 2023, 06:14 AM »
25* and some clouds.

WW, ok, I will leave it to the welder to do his job. Good Luck.

IW, well I guess I will go with the "Eagles". They looked pretty good, from what I saw. Bowling really cuts into some of the games.

Speaking of bowling, we split 2 of 4 last night against the first place team and we were giving them 42 pins a game. I bowled 4 pins under my avg. for the night.

WS, nice chain saw art.

Ice 45, nice you and Mr. Dickens got out for a walk.

Not much planned for today. Have a good one and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1264 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:17 AM »
Nice ++++20* to start the day.  Marv How does that sound to you? and the rest of you out west?

I got all of the snow cleaned up in the front of the house yesterday. Getting all of the snow off of the tarp over the back deck is the order for today. I might bring the blower through the house to blow the snow off of the deck after it is off the tarp. It would not be the first time I did it.

ww Hopefully the guy can get your boiler leak fixed. There was a guy building wood boilers in my hometown. He did not last long as he was evidently using the wrong steel in the firebox causing them to fail. At one time there were around a dozen junk ones behind his house for everyone to see.
You missed your chance to have our own ice cream shop. I see the one in town has a sold sign on it.

I talked to my grandson last night that drives tow trucks part-time. He said a few ice fishermen had gone down an icy hill at a launch and could not get out. His truck started to slide down the hill so he told them to call for a ride as he could not get them out. He gave them all a bill and told them he would send another truck tomorrow and they would get another bill.

Time to get breakfast and get to work. Plenty of coffee for all of you as I just started a second pot.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1265 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 28* here and cloudy. Supposed to be in the 40s today and be cold for the rest of the week. My wife is working today a 1/2 shift so she can have tomorrow off. Me and Mr Dickens have no plans for today.

Raquettedacker, Thank you, I will go back and look for the info on Misty.

Tom Turkey, Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get the snow off the back deck.

WallyWorld, Hopefully it’s a quick fix for the welder.

Hunts2long, Sounds like it was a good night at the lanes.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully your cleanup of the front walkway and back porch doesn’t take too long.

MasonEddie, I hope everyone had a great time last night meeting Finleigh.

IFF, Sounds like you need a splitter.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1266 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:42 AM »
Nice ++++20* to start the day.  Marv How does that sound to you? and the rest of you out west?

We are -11 now so your +20 sounds pretty nice.

Be sure and wear your shades and use sun screen TT ;D

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1267 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:47 AM »
marv I wear my polarized shades most of the time even when the sun is behind the clouds. They cut the glare.

Edit No need for any sunscreen. Except for my nose. My beard starts just below my eyes so it is covered along with my head that has a wool Navy watch cap covering my chrome dome.

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1268 on: Jan 30, 2023, 08:06 AM »
Some of drifters weather here this morning but is not supposed to last long. Supposed to be around 30 above by Friday. Looked at the gauge for the inside 9f the lab trailer and hanging around 40 in here.

Seen -27 at the house the -31 is at the intersection of the highway and the lowest temp is out here at work. Seen mostly -36 to -40 through town and to work by the river.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1269 on: Jan 30, 2023, 11:06 AM »
Steve:  Yes they are heavy, and think a couple of them equal my weight.

Well not finished packing as yet but looks like I will be heading North soon.

and yes I see a splitter in my future.  ;D

Good day to all.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1270 on: Jan 30, 2023, 11:53 AM »
Big high pressure system moved in here late last week.
Knocked me out for 3 days with a killer migraine.
Now it's winter again. Currently -27F with -40F wind chill.
High temps are going to be below normal for the next two weeks at least.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1271 on: Jan 30, 2023, 08:24 PM »
 good evening currently 40 degrees outside overnight the cold arrives believe Tuesday's high is only in the upper twenties. Prayers for those killed and injured in the latest mass shooting in California. This was the sixth mass shooting in CA. for the month of January. I see a couple TV stars who were big during my youth have died  Lisa Loring who played Wednesday on the Adams Family at age of 62 from a stroke and Cindy Williams who played Shirley on Laverne and Shirley which was a spin -off of the show Happy Days. Cindy was 75 .

There was a crash involving a tractor trailer and Toyota Avalon on the NYS Thruway  a 63 year old women was killed when she drove into or collided with the back end of trailer. The Avalon ended up pinned partly under rear of the trailer. statement from the truck driver stated he thought he had blown a tire  when he got truck pulled over and stopped walked to rear of trailer and saw the car an investigation was still on-going at time of news release to media. (accident was in New Paltz,NY. area/Ulster county)
Ice Wanderer had to take care of Christmas present purchases first then with the warm weather held off on getting a license. may you have the front walkway and rear deck cleared of snow which slid off your roof.
Wallyworld may your wood boiler be back in operation. Thank you for the explanation of problem.
Hunts2long may things go better next Sunday for you and your teammates.
Tomturkey may you have the snow removed from your rear deck and trap i assume it is not easy to walk the snow blower to rear deck and stairs you have to get blower up to clean the deck. So you take the snow blower through house to rear deck.
Icefisher-45 prayer said all goes well for your tomorrow may the doctor/doctors find and repair the source of bleeding.
fish/hunt4ever glad your vehicle started in those temperature guessing you have a block heater and plugged in the vehicle similar to Drifter_016 .
IFF when you get a wood splitter make sure it can operate in a vehicle position as well as horizontal so you do not have to lift the large log section onto the machine hopefully you can roll them into place and split. best wished for you on the trip to Wisconsin.
Drifter-o16 may you have no problems from the extreme cold temperatures . Glad your migraine is over and you are in less pain.
Eddie may the family have enjoyed the dinner and meeting Finleigh for the first time.

Keep safe,try to stay healthy a good week wished for everyone. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1272 on: Jan 30, 2023, 08:48 PM »
Have a block heater on the desiel truck but not on the jeep, just the shop to park them in, non insulated and was only -1 on the temp gauge when I pulled it out of th shop this morning. Nice to have hen snow and cold days. Plus to keep things out of the sun during the summer and all.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1273 on: Jan 31, 2023, 04:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 17* and mostly cloudy with snow showers again today. ::)
                             Wally............Thank you for the pictures and the explanation :thumbsup: Your boiler looks a lot different than my boiler. :whistle:
                             Fish..............Thos e are some cold temperatures. :woot: Come Friday we are supposed to have temperatures close to them. :blink: 
                             Bud..............When you get a splitter, look at ones that have a lifting arm to lift the big logs up to the splitting deck. :whistle: Marv will
                   tell you. :flex:
                             H2l...............I'm glad that you at least took two games against the first place team. :thumbsup: And I'm going for the Eagles as well. :whistle:
                             Marv.............Your temperatures are headed our way. Thank you for sharing them with us. :clap: :roflmao:
                             Eddie............Any plans on getting out on some ice this week? ???
                             Steve............Hopef ully the temperatures are around long enough foor your lakes and ponds to freeze up and you can get your license. :flex:
                             It took me till noon to chop and blow the frozen snow in the front walkway, I didn't get to the back deck, I'll do that today. It's not as bad as the
                   front was.
                             I hope everyone has a good TUesday either at workor out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1274 on: Jan 31, 2023, 04:52 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  25* with flurries this am, temps supposed to stay right there throughout the day today. Picked up about an inch of snow overnight. Almost time to flip the calendar again…

Tom…best wishes with the scan results, hope you weren’t rearranging the furniture like Misty with your snowblower going through the house!  :thumbsup:   ;D
  I-45…keeping you in thoughts and prayers with today’s procedure, best wishes for a good outcome!  :bow:
  Wally…hope the welder was on time and got the boiler repaired without too much trouble!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…good time had by all meeting Finleigh, although she didn’t want to show those pretty blue eyes much!  ;D  Hope the snow removal went as well as possible yesterday for you yesterday. Some serious cold weather for the Blue Mountain Lake area…believe they’re only calling for -11* here, but we’ll take it!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…some fine looking tree art!! I’ve got to pass that picture off to my old crew..they’ll appreciate that one for sure! :roflmao: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…sounds like you’ll be drilling holes again soon!!  :clap:  Safe travels and best of luck…will be looking forward to your reports!   :tipup:
  H2…glad you and the team split the points anyway, that was a lot of pins to give up!  :thumbsup:  19 days until the Challenge…still wondering if it will be a go even with the colder temps moving in this weekend?
  FH4…wow, climate change hasn’t been a factor out your way, lol, you’re area has been bitter cold this season!!  :woot:
A couple days like that would make things happen here….send it East when you’ve had enough!  ;D
  Dave…looking like a little bit of your weather will be seeping down and visiting us this weekend. Hope the migraines have passed and some cabin plans are in the making…stay warm!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…I’ve been taking the news in small doses, it’s just too depressing to read and keep up with what’s happening to this country every day.  :%$#!:  I don’t think you could jinx anyone getting your fishing license the way this season has been…go for it!!  :thumbsup:

Our meet and greet with Finleigh went really well, thanks everyone!  :thumbsup: 
  I launched a post into cyberspace yesterday morning…probably landed in some little Chinese village like the last one!  ;D
  Hit a local lake yesterday with my youngest son for a few hours. We couldn’t fish our normal areas, but we made the best of what we had to fish on. Ice was about 6” where we settled, drilled a ton of holes, but couldn’t find much of anything interested. Avoided the skunk with one small pickerel, lol.
  Planning on another trip Thursday, hopefully with better results…. Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1275 on: Jan 31, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

-12 to start the morning, the light breeze kicks it up to a "feels like" of about -25. It sounds like by Saturday we will be knocking on +36 :cookoo:

Bud...IW was spot on with his splitter advice. The horizontal splitters look appealing in the brochures, personally  my back can't take the bending over as you position and wrestle the blocks into place. I like being able to stand up straight as I walk through the blocks. On the real big blocks 30"+ I always noodle them in half or quarters before putting them on the lift.

45...Best of luck today hope all goes well :thumbsup:

IW...Happy to be able to share :thumbsup: How are you doing on snow over there, need any?  ???

Eddie...Glad the meet and greet went well :thumbsup: Best of luck Thursday :icefish:

WW...Hope the boiler is up and pumping out some heat :thumbsup:

I have an eye appointment first thing this morning, I am guessing I will hear how a cataract I have is doing.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1276 on: Jan 31, 2023, 05:59 AM »
20* and a few clouds. Looks like another inch of white fluffy stuff.

WS, your cold weather is on our doorstep. I will have to get a picture of my nephew's splitter, what a work horse.

Eddie, been guys fishing out from the campsite the past few days. Do you check Ice Fishing New York on here? Guy from the village says he is doing well so far this year.

WW, hope the boiler is back on-line.

The wife is going out for coffee with her friend and then shopping this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1277 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:27 AM »
Morning all,

IFF...definitely a splitter with a log lifter , saves wear and tear on the back  ;)2  safe travels north

IW....our boiler is an Econoburn, somewhat different set up than most  ;)

Eddie.....glad you were able to beat the skunk, better luck next time  :icefish:

WS......this is it JANUARY 31, lay low today and you're all set  :whistle: :woot:

TT.....hope the clean up wasn't too bad  :)

H2L....think we got about 2-3" here last night/this morning  ::)

MrC....agree with Eddie on the news being hard to take on a daily basis  :( :(

Welder showed up right at 8:00, wrapped up a little after 11:00, back up and running by 3:00  :thumbsup: :clap:

the hole wasn't quite that big until MrWW pulled on it, amazed at how thin a piece of metal they used  :%$#!:

Hopefully we're good now for another problem free 15 years  ;D

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1278 on: Jan 31, 2023, 08:30 AM »
Well another day that we started around 40 below, Eddie I think everyone around here would send this to you if they cold figure out how to.  Supposed to be around 35 by Saturday so we will see how long this last this time.  I have seen it stick around for a few weeks.  Well better get back to work, have a great Tuesday everyone stay safe in the weather when the cold moves in, hope it builds ice for everyone to get out for a bit.  Need to check in on the new boat and see when I might see that this year.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1279 on: Jan 31, 2023, 09:31 AM »
Winter is here in full force.
Extreme cold weather alert for wind chills of -58F to -67F.  :cookoo:
Started to get a little frostbite on my finger walking from my vehicle to work 1/2 a block.  ::)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1280 on: Jan 31, 2023, 09:39 AM »
Good morning from Missouri, arrived several hours later than anticipated in at 1:30 AM after a few hundred miles of freezing rain/snow. Heater wasn’t up to the task of keeping the windshield clear. Good thing most all the locals stayed home, and out of the way.

Right on the lifting device, knowing me I will show off my redneck/MacGyver skills with a 12volt wench on wheels to make it very portable 😬

WW good deal the boiler repair is history  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Will be cutting a lot of good dry limb wood before heading to the auger storage

18* out now will be heading back out after a coffee and a warm up

Dave it sure looks like some stay inside temperatures too me

Keep your day safe
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1281 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:58 PM »
Good evening, a little snow late Monday into early Tuesday morning left a light coating on vehicle and unpaved surfaces melted by early afternoon. Cool down has started high temperature today was in the upper thirties  instead of forties.
Ice wanderer I have to do some scouting of local lakes and get the license  Most likely will have to head to Ulster county or Sullivan county to find lakes with 4 or more inches of ice back on Jan.23Rd drove passed Washington Lake which is the water reservoir for city of Newburgh combination of skim ice and open water at that date. May you have gotten the rear deck cleaned of snow today.
Eddie I agree only check the news every other day. you are probably correct with regards to my purchasing a fishing license. May enough ice form so the walleye challenge can take place this year . nice that you were able to get out with Stephen best to both of you on Thursday. nice to hear Sunday's family gathering was a good time even if Finleigh was not awake for parts of it.
Whopper Stopper hope the eye doctor appointment went well and you were told the cataract is not ready for surgery or it is time for it to be removed. may you get through the low temperatures with no problems.
Hunts2long good to read people are getting out on GSL gives Eddie and his crew hope that the Walleye Challenge will be held this year .
Wallyworld happy for both of you the boiler could be welded and was back in service by mid. afternoon .
fish/hunt4ever thank you for answering my question about engine block heaters. Hopefully the extended forecast is correct and only a couple more days of extreme low temperatures for your area.
Drifter appears Winter came with a vengeance to the Yellow Knife area after temperatures being above normal for this time of year. Protect your hands the best you can on the walk from parking area to your work place.
IFF looks like the 9:45 jury has spoken and when you purchase a wood splitter they feel you should get on with a hydraulic lift. Glad you arrived safely in Missouri after a long drive in Winter weather. best to you with the rest of your trip.
icefisher-45 may you be resting comfortably after today's procedure and the bleeding be stopped.

Have a good night, be careful when outside in sub-zero temperatures and wind chills . best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1282 on: Feb 01, 2023, 03:35 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                   It's 2* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                                   Just a quick note because I'm running late.
                                    Jon and I are headed out to try for some crappie before the real cold sets in.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1283 on: Feb 01, 2023, 03:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to February, Happy Hump Day!  11* to start off the first day here, high of 25…making some ice anyway!  ;D

Jeff…best of luck this morning!!  :icefish:
  I-45…hope your procedure went well yesterday, best wishes/thoughts and prayers are with you.   :thumbsup:
  Steve..thanks, and best of luck to you also finding some fishable ice soon!  :clap:  :tipup:
  Bud…glad you arrived safely, sounds like a white knuckle ride for a long distance, yikes!  Enjoy your stay!  :thumbsup:
  Dave..our local news was blowing up the cold weather moving in for a few days, -11* being the coldest for one night…maybe I’ll send them your forecast today!!  ;D  Stay warm mister!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope that milder weather sticks around for you…how’s things going at the plant?   :thumbsup:
  Wally…excellent news on the boiler fix and right on time for the cold temperatures heading in!!  :clap:  Thanks for sharing the pictures and update…I’m sure that’s a big relief now.  :thumbsup:
  H2…yes, I’ve been checking the threads…some nice walleyes coming through the ice up there! Hoping to get a trip in before the Challenge.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…we could use a solid week of your weather here…that would really put a spin on the local newscasts, lol. They seem to forget that it usually gets cold in the winter here in Upstate NY… :cookoo:  ;D

Just getting ready to take off and meet one of my old coworkers before he starts his work day…catch up to everyone a little later!   Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1284 on: Feb 01, 2023, 04:20 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

-8 to start the day. The guessers say we may come close to +20 by the afternoon.

IW...Best of luck on the ice today :icefish:

I am out the door in a few, my wife and I have early morning haircuts before she signs into work today.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday :thumbsup:Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1285 on: Feb 01, 2023, 06:19 AM »
3* clear and calm.

IW, good luck on the ice.

WW, glad the boiler is repaired, just in time.

The wife found new tires at a pretty good price at BJ's, she is going there this morning. Wanted to get them replaced before our trip to NYC next Tuesday.

IFF, glad you arrived in Missouri, there has been a lot of ice this year.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1286 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:17 AM »
Well a bit cooler last night then they were saying we were supposed to be but 20 degrees warmer than the last couple of mornings at only 20 below to start my day today at 4. Plant is going good just a fee minor issues with roads closed and trailers not getting here or leaving on time. Plant still not as clean as we would like but still cleaning all the new parts we put in. Well better go and check some numbers and see what is going on today. Have a great Wednesday everyone hope this hump day is a good one for everyone. Need to still contact the dealership on the boat maybe get time today to do that. Since I am by myself at the plant coworker traveled to Cairo this time for some training hope it does not set back anyone for the training.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1287 on: Feb 01, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....good luck today  :icefish:

Eddie....good luck tomorrow  :icefish:

WS.......yay February 1st  :thumbsup: :clap:

H2L.....glad MrsH2 found some tires at a decent price  :thumbsup:

MrC.....fingers crossed you can find some safe ice soon  ;)

IFF.....glad you arrived safely after driving in the ice storm, things looked pretty bad on the news last night  :o

A few errands today. Looks like we might get on some ice yet before the season's over, will probably head north sometime soon after this weekend's cold spell :tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1288 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:23 PM »
 Good evening  reading 36 on my balcony thermometer so probably a couple degrees colder for actual temperature. Looks like today I should have skipped on checking the news a person was struck and killed around 6:30 this morning at the Dover Plains (Dutchess county) train station by one of Metro-North's passenger trains. During the handshakes by teams at a  boy's basketball game between Newburgh and Valley Central high schools several fights broke out among fans of each school while there were school resource officers present from the town of Montgomery police department they needed to call in back up to stop the brawl which lasted about 90 minutes. Officers from the town and village of Montgomery ,town and city of Newburgh, Orange county sheriffs deputies and state police all responded and help break up the brawl.
ice Wanderer may you and Jon have caught some fish today.
Eddie may you have had a good early morning meeting with the old-coworker. Thank you for the fishing well wishes. I think low/below zero temperatures are relative to the area where they will take place the weather reporter's on the NYC TV stations will use the terms brutal and extreme to describe temps of minus 10 and lower plus the windchill. Yet we know from Drifter it can get much colder and dangerous.
Whopper Stopper assume you and the wife have warm head coverings to use now that both of you have less hair protecting your heads. 
Hunts2long good to read your wife found tires for her CRV ad BJ's for a decent price. May you have good weather next Tuesday for the NYC trip .
fish/hunt4ever thank you for the work place updates guessing all the high tech equipment is very sensitive to low temperatures so hopefully the plant is well heated. May the weather elated delivery problems not put you behind production schedule.
Wallyworld glad you have the wood boiler repaired with the coming lower temperatures. Keep a watch n the sandy Pond thread "New Old Guy/Bogey does a good job reporting ice conditions for fellow I.S. members.
IFF if you are still traveling safe journey wished for you.
Icefisher-45 may we see a post from you stating things are better after the procedure on kidneys .
Drifter I see hockey legend Bobby Hull died recently at the age of 84 . may you have found gloves/mittens which better protect your hands on the walk from parking lot to your office at the college.

May everyone dealing with low and subzero temperatures get through them with no problems. Among my Emails today was one from the property management company with tips on how to prevent damaged pipes as sub-zero temps expected here this weekend. Take care ,keep warm stay safe and healthy. Best to all with fishing plans.

Link to story on basketball game.  www.recordonline.com
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1289 on: Feb 02, 2023, 05:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 12* at the moment, winds are supposed to pickup later as that Arctic Blast moves in, high of 33.

Jeff…hope you found the Crappies hungry yesterday! Will be looking forward to your report!  :tipup:
  Steve…sounds like quite a brawl at the high school, border line riot, wow! It’s pretty darn sad when you can’t even go to enjoy a high school basketball game without the fear of something like that taking place…it’s terribly sad and just getting worse.  :%$#!: :cookoo:
  Wally…thanks, looking forward to a few hours fishing with my son this afternoon. Still haven’t decided where yet, it’s his choice!  ;D  Should definitely be some decent ice to get on in the northern zone after this cold front moves through…will be looking forward to your reports!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad things are moving along at the plant, hopefully the temperatures are on the rise there today!  :thumbsup:  Is your coworker in Cairo Egypt or possibly at a town close by me, Cairo NY?  ;D
  H2…glad you found the tires at a reasonable price, tough to do these day’s!  :clap:  Got my message yesterday from the Chamber Of Commerce, they canceled the Walleye Challenge.  :-\
  Marv…hope your travels went smoothly yesterday morning and the barber left some on top to help combat the cold!!  ;D :thumbsup:  Has your S-I-L setup the new camera yet?

As I mentioned to H2, received an Email yesterday they were canceling the Walleye Challenge due to weather and unsafe ice conditions. That kinda sucked, my sons were totally bummed out, but totally understand..especially with 2, 000 entrants. Good news is they’re going to payout all the prize money/door prizes by drawing tickets…that works and better safe than sorry. Still have a chance of cashing in, but we’ll miss the excitement of competing…try again next year!  :thumbsup:
  Couple errands to run first thing, bait and propane high on the list…Cawfee’s on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.