Author Topic: What are your Goals this coming Season?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: What are your Goals this coming Season?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 12, 2022, 11:49 AM »
Have good ice for more than 2 weeks! 😁 If we do, get out at least 3 times every week. From what I am hearing some of my local lakes, thanks to the efforts of my state fisheries are starting to have a decent walleye population. Never caught one through the ice. That is about it!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Oct 13, 2022, 08:32 AM »
My goals are to fish more often (obviously!) and possibly sleep overnight at a lake close to my house. I have tons of cold-weather camping gear from when I was a younger man, and all I think I would need is a cot and some flooring. I have all of the stuff I would need to cook, sleep, and be comfortable out on the ice.

I also want to catch a decent walleye through the ice on my annual ice fishing vacation.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2022, 09:52 AM »
Goal - ice fish...a lot.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2022, 10:03 AM »
I'm a simple guy... Just want to stay on the dry side of the ice and have some good times with good friends...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2022, 05:49 PM »
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2022, 05:52 PM »
Oops, I always catch most of my fish with tipups so I need to add more  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :) ;) ;D :o @) ::) :angel :D >:D ;)2 :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :woot: :wacko: :-* :whistle: :bow: :laugh: :cookoo:
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Oct 25, 2022, 11:09 AM »
I'm a simple guy... Just want to stay on the dry side of the ice and have some good times with good friends...

Same brother.  That and id like to keep my vehicles out of the trees!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Oct 25, 2022, 09:12 PM »
Having most mornings end like this

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2022, 06:38 AM »
Having most mornings end like this

The pike strongly disagree with your preferred outcome  ::)

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2022, 09:54 AM »
The pike strongly disagree with your preferred outcome  ::)

Good call Warrior, that could be seen as profiling and I'm definitely equal opportunity

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Oct 26, 2022, 10:27 AM »
I plan to start the build on my new hard side shanty.
One bad @$$ enough that I can drag it 100 miles behind my SxS out to the East arm of Great Slave Lake for an epic adventure to come.  ;D

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Oct 26, 2022, 05:15 PM »
I plan to start the build on my new hard side shanty.
One bad @$$ enough that I can drag it 100 miles behind my SxS out to the East arm of Great Slave Lake for an epic adventure to come.  ;D

Great Slave Lake is/was on my bucket list.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #42 on: Oct 26, 2022, 05:34 PM »
Great Slave Lake is/was on my bucket list.

I'll bet Drifter might have room for ya' in that thing.  :whistle:  ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Same brother.  That and id like to keep my vehicles out of the trees!

Awww come on, that's all part of the adventure... One minute you're on the road looking at the scenery and the next minute you're on the scenery looking at the road...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline ryguy80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Oct 29, 2022, 04:14 PM »
Decided to start a fishing YouTube channel this upcoming ice fishing season, "Wissota Fishing", hope to have some success with it. Not accustomed to being in front of the camera so it's definitely outside my comfort zone but enjoy the cinematography aspect of it.
YouTube - Wissota Fishing

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2022, 04:49 PM »
Decided to start a fishing YouTube channel this upcoming ice fishing season, "Wissota Fishing", hope to have some success with it. Not accustomed to being in front of the camera so it's definitely outside my comfort zone but enjoy the cinematography aspect of it.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Oct 30, 2022, 06:00 PM »
Booked a trip at Woodlands Resort for February to fish Devils Lake.
Always was on my bucket list.
Fishing solo (fishing partner has a new fishing partner, his new wife)
Don’t care about going solo.
At 65, I might be running out of time.

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Catch a pike on the jigging rod ironically enough i have had better luck with a ball of bread
Gain back my cold temperature tolerance I used to have before I lost all that weight(Job may help with that)
Get a couple other never fail lures
Catch 2nd pickerel ever and first one through the ice
Catch a pike or pickerel of trophy size

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Nov 16, 2022, 03:37 PM »
Camping on ice sounds nice. My girl would never consider it so I bet it’d be super peaceful. Enjoy it brother

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Nov 16, 2022, 03:44 PM »
Stay on top of the ice 🤣
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #50 on: Nov 17, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Stay on top and explore new lakes!  I always try to venture to unexplored territory on lakes I frequent but always like to find a new lake to explore.
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Nov 17, 2022, 08:53 AM »
Use my tracsled as much as possible..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #52 on: Nov 17, 2022, 08:57 AM »

Hope get out as much as previous years and stock the freezer

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Nov 17, 2022, 09:02 AM »
Hope get out as much as previous years and stock the freezer

Same. My stock is dwindling.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Nov 18, 2022, 05:40 AM »
Another goal...attempting to go strictly plastics on the pannies. Played with them last season quite a bit and did ok. I have an assortment of styles and colors. Patience will be the key for me.

Offline kpoorman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:32 AM »
Catch my first walleye through the ice. Haven't targeted them yet but will be trying a few times this year
skippin' class to fish

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #56 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:53 AM »
Hit some local spots, instead of the 175 mile drive, try getting some kitties this year, and find a fishing partner who can be on time for once and not consistently hours late with a different excuse every time.  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Nov 18, 2022, 07:58 AM »
A muskie and if that goes well possibly a burbot!

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Nov 18, 2022, 08:07 AM »
My fall open water season is rapidly slipping away, so my main goal is just to be able to get out & jig up some fish!   ;D

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
« Reply #59 on: Nov 18, 2022, 08:30 AM »
find a fishing partner who can be on time for once and not consistently hours late with a different excuse every time.  ::)

I used to fish with others all the time, shifted over to mainly solo a few years ago. Gives me more flexibility, and the peace and quiet is way better than I initially imagined. Maybe I'm just getting more antisocial with age  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.