Author Topic: Owners of Elliot Evolution?  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Owners of Elliot Evolution?
« on: Sep 03, 2022, 04:47 PM »
Either the 44" UL or 42"Noodle. Can't make up my mind. Let's hear it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Owners of Elliot Evolution?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2022, 07:35 AM »

Google Currents they made nice ones I got one here about 48 in. that I can bend into a circle    I paid 2 bucks for it

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2022, 05:02 AM »
  Google Currents they made nice ones I got one here about 48 in. that I can bend into a circle    I paid 2 bucks for it

Not finding anything OG ???

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2022, 07:35 AM »

I have snapped a few pics and think I can send them on the flip phone if you send a pm with your #

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2022, 08:15 AM »
  I have snapped a few pics and think I can send them on the flip phone if you send a pm with your #

Done.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2022, 09:25 AM »

sent a pic hope you got it

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2022, 07:24 AM »
Have all the Elliott’s and most of the 2b rods. The 44 L is my go to perch rod. Ul is a great crappie rod. I use the noodle for a perch deadstick.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2022, 11:16 AM »
Have all the Elliott’s and most of the 2b rods. The 44 L is my go to perch rod. Ul is a great crappie rod. I use the noodle for a perch deadstick.

I just ordered the EE 44 UL. Gonna use it for my hole hopping pannie rod. It won the coin flip vs. the 42 Noodle.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2022, 08:38 PM »
Welcome to the sickness!

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2022, 11:35 AM »
I just got an evolution 42”ul. I’ve been sick w Covid so didn’t really check it out til today. Looked good from far but upon closer inspection the eyes are crooked. Looks like a drunk going down road. I work construction and anyone does know how your eyes view level, straight, plum, this looks like a non professional did this. I’m sending it back. Can’t stand paying extra for something someone won’t/didn’t put the time in but simply inflated price. Very aggravating.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2022, 11:39 AM »
I just got an evolution 42”ul. I’ve been sick w Covid so didn’t really check it out til today. Looked good from far but upon closer inspection the eyes are crooked. Looks like a drunk going down road. I work construction and anyone does know how your eyes view level, straight, plum, this looks like a non professional did this. I’m sending it back. Can’t stand paying extra for something someone won’t/didn’t put the time in but simply inflated price. Very aggravating.

Did you buy it direct or from a retailer?

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Direct

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:48 PM »
Direct

As did I. I'd read where this was an issue, but was told the issue was corrected. So I ordered one. Mine is ok. 🤷‍♂️

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:53 PM »
Well I write them an email and I’m gonna try calling tomo. This doesn’t sit good with me. I install something you don’t need to call and tell me there’s a problem. It’s my responsibility to check it, as this was theirs. They failed and should be embarrassed. I wasn’t aware of the issue but now I’m even madder cause they knew about it and still didn’t extra check

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:55 PM »
I don’t mind paying a little extra if I’m getting a little extra and piece of mind but did I get that???? Def not

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2022, 12:59 PM »
Well I write them an email and I’m gonna try calling tomo. This doesn’t sit good with me. I install something you don’t need to call and tell me there’s a problem. It’s my responsibility to check it, as this was theirs. They failed and should be embarrassed. I wasn’t aware of the issue but now I’m even madder cause they knew about it and still didn’t extra check

If I'm gonna drop some serious money on anything...I'm investigating it. Make calls, check reviews, previous owners, etc. before I take the plunge. Sorry your experience didn't go as well.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2022, 02:40 PM »
If I'm gonna drop some serious money on anything...I'm investigating it. Make calls, check reviews, previous owners, etc. before I take the plunge. Sorry your experience didn't go as well.

X2, I do a lot of research before I buy anything expensive.

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2022, 03:55 PM »
It’s actually not super expensive per se. Some guys spend more a night at the bar but the price is a little high. To me fit n fish is key, quality control is key. I’d expect more if I spent 40 bucks on the rod. We will see what customer service does

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2022, 04:06 PM »
It’s actually not super expensive per se. Some guys spend more a night at the bar but the price is a little high. To me fit n fish is key, quality control is key. I’d expect more if I spent 40 bucks on the rod. We will see what customer service does

Elliot does guarantee their stuff.

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2022, 05:56 PM »
Guys I need to clear something up. Today the eyes looked almost perfect. Makes no sense. I inspected rod and found a crack on side, barely visible but I bet the temperature changes had the damaged area wonky.
The tube it was delivered in from ups was compromised. Not Elliot’s fault imo. Please excuse me

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2022, 08:33 PM »
High price for a mass production rod with no options.  At least tucr gives you some options to your build with the same quality opponents. 

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2022, 04:57 AM »
Agreed Bigfoot and I gotta say I will not consider reordering from them since no number is available to actually speak to anyone. That’s bad customer service right there and as stated one business day already passed w no response. Not what I have patience for. As we get older we just tolerate less.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2022, 10:43 AM »
Agreed Bigfoot and I gotta say I will not consider reordering from them since no number is available to actually speak to anyone. That’s bad customer service right there and as stated one business day already passed w no response. Not what I have patience for. As we get older we just tolerate less.

You realize it's a holiday weekend, right? Have one more day of patience, dang. I'm sure they will make it right. Greg and Paul Thorne didn't get their legendary reputation in the rod building world with bad customer service.

Issues can happen with any rod brand, whether "custom" or not. What matters is how they handle it. Since it was mentioned, TUCR has had issues also fyi

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2022, 10:59 AM »
High price for a mass production rod with no options.  At least tucr gives you some options to your build with the same quality opponents.

2B is mass produced,  I dont believe Elliots are, similar to JT I'm guessing.
I feel like the majority of people buying  custom rod brands are getting the off the shelf pre made rods. If customization of each rod is important to you, then yes Elliot/2B isn't a good option.  For others it's a great option as they are high end rods.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2022, 12:46 PM »
2B is mass produced,  I dont believe Elliots are, similar to JT I'm guessing.
I feel like the majority of people buying  custom rod brands are getting the off the shelf pre made rods. If customization of each rod is important to you, then yes Elliot/2B isn't a good option.  For others it's a great option as they are high end rods.
Obviously every rod manufacturer runs into problems, I NEVER mentioned anything about problems per se.  Elliot rods can be bought just about anywhere, so yes they are mass produced, bought right off the shelf (fishusa, tackletrap, scheels, etc.) but at a custom rod price point.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2022, 01:55 PM »
Ridiculous. If it’s off the shelf, it’s not a custom rod. Custom ice rods aren’t that expensive really. About the same price as these “high end custom” rods that are on the shelves.

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2022, 02:41 PM »
Ridiculous. If it’s off the shelf, it’s not a custom rod. Custom ice rods aren’t that expensive really. About the same price as these “high end custom” rods that are on the shelves.
Exactly! 

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:18 PM »
Guys always get all analytical bout what they call “custom”.
One offers ain’t happening fellas. Picking thread colors or exact length, does that really make it custom?
I have way too many turkey calls, all save one from “custom” makers. These vary in degree, a bud of mind actually cuts them with a hole saw of sorts, he machines it all himself. All the measurements on the soundboards are the same, OD, lathe work,  etc,  Yea wood density changes among even same type wood. Different type wood, different strikers, etc. He’ll run strikers and pair them.
Other fellas use CNC machines. Isn’t that production? Marlin Watkins uses CNC, he’s a legend. David Halloran, McKamey, etc etc  To me w Watkins you get custom tuning for sure but is any of that truly custom? To be clear Watkins is the man who honestly stands above the rest.
If you started out with a slab of wood, carved it into a call some how and made that one offer, that’d be really custom.
Put those thoughts at fishing rods. If you think picking thread, length of cut, and having your name written in cute letters on the rod makes it so different than the other guy over yonder with different thread and 1/2” more length, I think you’ve gotta consider a few things.
They’ve got way too much stuff taking the man out of the making. None of it custom, don’t let them fool ya and stop sweating about it.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:33 PM »
I build one-of-a-kind, custom sandwiches. Delicious, but not worth a crap for catchin' fish.  :roflmao:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline FM67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2022, 06:11 PM »
I build one-of-a-kind, custom sandwiches. Delicious, but not worth a crap for catchin' fish.  :roflmao:
Correct and that there is the point. If an item has better fit n finish, and is a better product in the buyers eyes who cares if it came off a shelf when many customs are inferior anyhow. No guarantees just because a certain label is applied, or a person either doesn’t allow it or hasn’t been offered a sale place,  we get elevated results.
Minds open boys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.