Author Topic: Black Magic ice traps  (Read 2078 times)

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
Black Magic ice traps
« on: Mar 26, 2022, 07:42 PM »
Does anyone know who/where "black magic" tip ups can be found?  I had six of them that I recently lost and I would like to find them again.  The have a very interesting cam shaped spool with a sliding rod that trips the flag.  Unique design that I believe I found many years ago at the hunting/fishing expo in Salem.  If anyone has any info, please forward.

Thanks!

Tom
TP

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Black Magic ice traps
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2022, 12:48 PM »
I was thinking they were made in Rochester, NH( 2005/2010) ?? I think they were expensive and not well received by ice fisherman, I believe they are out of business now .

Offline stompa13i

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2022, 08:35 PM »
Hmm. That’s too bad. I liked them a lot. Interesting design and they lasted me many years (recently stolen). Hoping to find them somewhere. But not a fan of used.
TP

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2022, 08:56 AM »
There is a guy on Facebook Marketplace selling the patent for these traps.  Must be the original manufacturer.  Reach out and maybe he has some on a shelf or something?

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2022, 08:41 AM »
There is a guy on Facebook Marketplace selling the patent for these traps.  Must be the original manufacturer.  Reach out and maybe he has some on a shelf or something?

My understanding is that the guy is liquidating his substantial inventory and there are items currently for sale.  Worth reaching out if you haven't already.

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2022, 04:41 PM »
They were made in Rochester Nh. The owner of them recently passed. But I don’t think he had been making them in a few years

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.