Author Topic: Season wrap up  (Read 2028 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Season wrap up
« on: Mar 20, 2022, 07:08 PM »
Hit a lake in the lakes region today. Targeting wp as usual.  First issue was finding solid edges. That was easy, thanks to some intel from a few members on here for giving me some useful information. A pm goes a long way on here. Just return the favor when you can..I surely will help you guys that helped me.
Sat was nice cloud cover not very cold or windy but had clouds and some scattered rain. Could not get a wp to save my life. I literally caught 4 pickeral and probably at least 15 smb that were absolute hogs. 17 to 20 inches and they were all just slobs. I have never caught so many quality smb in one day in my life.  All were released un harmed. I had a buddy with me who hasnt been fishing in a while he said it was the best day of he has had on over 2 years. That was cool..he helped me load up my gear literally within 2 mins or less of a massive downpours.  It was brutal.  I had to get undressed and changed under the roof over head bank teller window. Hope theres no cameras rolling..it worked out well and managed not to get soaked.
Went back out today and ventured a lot further out onto the same Lake thick fog couldn't see very far in front of me pushed on to a new area didn't really do well there I got some good photos made a move back to my spot. I was at yesterday . Good thing about being out today after all that rain it was pretty quiet out there and I could actively here and let's flowing into the lake was able to locate a few that are not on the map so that was an added bonus. I  managed to get a few more jumbo Smalley's and finally was able to locate some white perch total white perch, was 4  jighed up 2 the other two came on tip ups. Ice was easy walking and solid but popcorn and rice crispy sounds are active now. Probably a couple of more days left just watch out for the ice holes that are starting to open up. Stay safe.
As a reference the orange pad is 17 inches long. 

Salmonemia

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Season wrap up
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2022, 08:15 PM »
Well done Wayne .... those are some slob SMB for sure... congtrats on a good end to a season.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:08 AM »
And the sun sets on another one..
Well done

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2022, 06:23 AM »
Drove by and saw you out there Sunday morning ..we always struggle on that lake but maybe next year I’ll give more of a try ..take care
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2022, 07:49 AM »
Drove by and saw you out there Sunday morning ..we always struggle on that lake but maybe next year I’ll give more of a try ..take care
they seem very active there, in march especially. I can put you in the right direction def caught more this weekend than I have all season out there.
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2022, 09:12 AM »
Nice Report, looks like a good way to wrap the season.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2022, 04:25 PM »
Wayne, Nice outing and if it's your last one it was a good one !

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2022, 04:31 PM »
Nice looking fish! Congrats

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2022, 08:49 PM »
Way to go! Nice job.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 21, 2022, 11:31 PM »
Well done..... Hopefully next season we can get together and catch some fish. I'd like to make an effort to fish with more shanty members through out the season.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2022, 05:54 AM »
Nice wrap up Wayne. Good season.
Bummed we didn't get to hit it together again this year with the crew in March. Mother nature decided things a bit earlier I suppose. There's always next year!
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Some very nice fish there.  Good wrap up on a good season.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2022, 10:33 AM »
Well done..... Hopefully next season we can get together and catch some fish. I'd like to make an effort to fish with more shanty members through out the season.

Agreed, would love to meet you guys in person and get on some fish!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2022, 02:23 AM »
Agreed, would love to meet you guys in person and get on some fish!

X3.

Thanks for the report!
Just add water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.