Author Topic: Lake Cascade access map  (Read 3714 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lake Cascade access map
« on: Jan 21, 2022, 09:23 AM »
F&G produced this map to show first timers the formal access points on Cascade. Access is one of the limiters for this fishery- especially on weekends. There are more informal access points, but those involve parking on the road, and I would not want to send anyone someplace they might get stuck or hit by a car.

Offline smith.c

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Cascade access map
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2022, 06:58 PM »
Was up there this last week, traveled from Wyoming. We took off from the Boulder Crk and Van Wyck access areas.

IMO, Get there early and fish during the week when the traffic is minimal.

Offline luvthecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:15 AM »
Which parking areas are plowed?  I have been once before and I know some areas are plowed and some are not.  I also think I heard something about some areas being plowed now that did not used to be plowed.  Any info would really help as we will have a trailer.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:26 AM »
Which parking areas are plowed?  I have been once before and I know some areas are plowed and some are not.  I also think I heard something about some areas being plowed now that did not used to be plowed.  Any info would really help as we will have a trailer.

These are the plowed access points. This coming weekend, VanWyck will be closed, as they are having a large sled dog race. Parking is $7/day- bring change or a checkbook. They were checking yesterday.

Offline luvthecold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:34 AM »
Thank you

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Is there any place that you can access on foot with any chance of catching decent numbers and size of perch.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2022, 10:51 PM »
Is there any place that you can access on foot with any chance of catching decent numbers and size of perch.

You can access perch from all these spots, but it is a big lake. I have caught some right near the access points at early and late season, but now the most popular spots are at least a half mile walk. At this time, the bite is slow and light, so you will need to work hard for anything.

Offline ribka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2022, 10:28 AM »
F&G produced this map to show first timers the formal access points on Cascade. Access is one of the limiters for this fishery- especially on weekends. There are more informal access points, but those involve parking on the road, and I would not want to send anyone someplace they might get stuck or hit by a car.

thanks for map

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2022, 03:46 PM »
One further note: "The 90" requires a hike of about 1/2 mile across Bureau of Reclamation lands, which is normally closed after January 31. This year access has been extended to March 1, but not sure that will be true in the future. Access to Sugarloaf by hiking out Stonebreaker Lane has the same issue.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.