Author Topic: NOT for sale.....For Buy? Smitty Sled Frame  (Read 6070 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: NOT for sale.....For Buy? Smitty Sled Frame
« Reply #30 on: Nov 23, 2022, 06:36 PM »
Weird Easy Sled dude posted here but he either left or got booted...

Not weird. Just Admin protecting paying sponsors. If you let anyone post "for sale" stuff it can become a spam free for all. It's fair, no exceptions (even if it is a terrific idea/product).
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #31 on: Nov 25, 2022, 08:57 PM »
Ahh rgr that:)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2022, 06:58 AM »
Not weird. Just Admin protecting paying sponsors. If you let anyone post "for sale" stuff it can become a spam free for all. It's fair, no exceptions (even if it is a terrific idea/product).
I get it but using that logic shouldn't any discussion about a product that isn't a sponsor, also be shut down? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2022, 08:27 AM »
I get it but using that logic shouldn't any discussion about a product that isn't a sponsor, also be shut down? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.

More about individual members making a profit ...you do not want this site to become a FaceBook free for all ..individuals can become a Militia member and sell on the For Sale board ..but actual companies/retailers etc need to be a site sponsor . Although not a prefect system it has worked well for quite a while.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2022, 09:28 AM »

Product discussion and sharing sources is one thing, like the Best Deals thread. A business coming on and promoting is very different. I might think a member shilling for a non-sponsor company might get a warning shot as well.

Energized/Amped Outdoors started here much the same way. An innocent post as an answer in a thread about batteries that was kind of a soft promo for the business was removed. Matt became a sponsor which resulted in presumably monetary support for the site and a pile of nice discounts for members here.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline EasySled

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2023, 09:21 AM »
Weird Easy Sled dude posted here but he either left or got booted...

Yep...I posted about our kit and it was seen as advertising so the post was removed.  I thought that because someone was looking for suggestions on a kit that it wasn't a blatant advertising post, but I understood and adhered to the rules by not posting.  As a result of all of that, we are now a sponsor on the Equipment forum!

I just wanted to address why we disappeared so there wasn't any confusion on why we left/stopped posting, but we now have an official board welcome post here (with an IceShanty member discount)https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=394080.msg4319955#msg4319955

Thanks everyone!
Chris S.
Ice Fishing, Snowmobiling, Skydiving, Backcountry Hiking/Camping, Welding...bunch of random hobbies.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.