Author Topic: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.  (Read 14765 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: OCTANE COMBO. FOR THOSE HOLDING OUT.
« Reply #120 on: Jan 02, 2019, 05:11 PM »
7 hours later, must be the bite is on.

LOL...I had to go to work...boss called...so maybe tomorrow or actually Friday, my day off.

battery is all charged up now.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Jan 09, 2019, 05:30 PM »
So for some reason today everything is showing up as $199 for the combo.  Anyone know why?  Its happening to everyone trying to buy it. 

I had a drill and battery sitting in my cart for $169.  I refreshed it just now and its $199

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #122 on: Jan 09, 2019, 07:57 PM »
yer right! that's what i paid for mine when it first came out. maybe was a sale for the holidays. i do watch their price to go down and have them price match if it does with in 90 days like i did for this deal. they credited 42 bucks to my credit card.
if you buy it just watch the price change like it does on amazon on many things. if it drops have them price match and if they give you any grief just tell them you'll return it and buy it cheaper. if you register the tool(s) it doesn't mean you can't return or exchange them. just register your new tool(s) if you exchange.
also so you know, if you ever get a replacement for any thing including batteries you have 90 days to register to get the lsa.

maybe the supply/demand is driving the cost back up to where it started. they did run out of the drill for a while.

Offline 4Buck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #123 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:57 AM »
So for some reason today everything is showing up as $199 for the combo.  Anyone know why?  Its happening to everyone trying to buy it. 

I had a drill and battery sitting in my cart for $169.  I refreshed it just now and its $199

Did you check the shipping charges? Looks like they are charging way more for shipping I am guessing because they are so low on inventory?

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Jan 10, 2019, 09:43 AM »
Nope, the actual price of the battery is now $199

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #125 on: Jan 10, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Did you check the shipping charges? Looks like they are charging way more for shipping I am guessing because they are so low on inventory?
it's back in stock and with free delivery. when you see the express shipping, that means hd online is sold out and that maybe a store near you will ship to your job site/home and charge you for the service.

Offline copperjig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:18 AM »
I literally just placed the order and didn't have any issues with the shipping cost being "free".  Can't wait to get them.
Spud, throw rope, PFD and stay on top

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:58 PM »
FYI, I did try to contact HomeDepot to see if they would honor my screenshot of $169 that changed to $199 later in the day.  They wouldn't do that for me. 

Offline CO_Dinky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin' Lips
« Reply #128 on: Jan 13, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Glad I jumped on this when I did!!!
Tight lines!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #129 on: Feb 06, 2019, 03:04 PM »
if you missed the free drill deal, here is the second best option to get into the drill since you have to buy it anyway should you want one.

octane 1300 inch pound drill and 3 amp octane battery (too small for big augers) and charger with carry bag is 10$ more than drill only (now 149$. used to be 139$ at intro priced) for 159$ this kits on sale.
that's a lot of savings for 10$ extra and all of it qualifies for lsa. the smaller battery is nice to reduce weight for smaller tasks and for other tools or lights and is almost free. their chargers are about 50$. the 3 amp octane battery is 99$ on sale for 79$  and then the bag. so about 140$ savings is what i come up with and free bag.

you will still want the 9 amp battery and is at max price of 199$ to buy it in a kit form to qualify for lifetime warranty. watch for price fluctuations, as home depot price matches during the 90 return period. they change prices and packages a lot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-LIthium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Kit-with-OCTANE-Battery-Charger-and-Contractor-Bag-R8611506SB/307490841

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #130 on: Feb 06, 2019, 10:04 PM »
is the ridgid 9ah bluetooth battery the same as the no bluetooth, except for the bluetooth? because the price for one of the bluetooth 9ah is 183, but the price of 2 of the same battery is 199 total?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #131 on: Feb 06, 2019, 10:22 PM »
all the octane batteries are bluetooth. any thing older than octane are not bluetooth and non octane batteries are 4 amp and smaller.
best to buy batteries in a kit form to get the lsa, unless you don't care about it. batteries sold outside of a kit are a limited 3 year warranty like all the other brands.
you are right about the pricing, but they are the same batteries. if you want just batteries and no lsa the twin pack for 199$ is the way to go. it will work with recent 18 volt ridgid chargers. they make a 4 pack for 399$, but no advantage unless they put them on sale.

Offline copperjig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Feb 09, 2019, 11:59 AM »
I literally just placed the order and didn't have any issues with the shipping cost being "free".  Can't wait to get them.

I got everything and have been using them for a half a dozen times out.  It is fantastic.  This thing cuts through 10" like butter.  Yes there is a little wobble but if you take your time starting it is no problem at all.  My buddy welds and in the spring he's going to fiddle around an make me a homemade extension to take the wobble out.  Tight lines and stay on top.
Spud, throw rope, PFD and stay on top

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #133 on: Feb 09, 2019, 12:16 PM »
it is amazing to see the difference between the ridgid 780 inch pound to this 1300 inch pound drill for sure! my 780 and a 6 inch lazer didn't pull water to my knees and clear the ice hole out and this drill paired with a lazer 8 inch does.

if you want something else in the octane they have the mega max octane on sale with 98$ off of 397$ for a complete kit, 9 amp battery, charger mega max motor/base and mega max right angle drill and bag. it is milwaukee competition for the same type of drill being a right angle design.
the advantage of this is they offer other attachments like saws all and sds rotatory hammer drill so far.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-Brushless-MEGAMax-Power-Base-with-MEGAMax-Right-Angle-Drill-18-Volt-OCTANE-9-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-R86400-R86402-AC801/307713471

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Feb 26, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Does anyone have experience with the 3.0 ah battery? I'm seriously considering making the switch to this drill and a laser auger combo after my jiffy didnt start last weekend. Frustrated to say the least!

I don't typically drill more than a dozen holes in a single trip, but would like to get an 8" auger if possible. Will the 3.0 ah battery drill 12-18 holes through 12-20" of ice with an 8" auger, or should I stick with a 6"? I like to sight fish sometimes and prefer an 8" for that.

Offline Big Sky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:35 PM »
For those that registered their tool online, did you have to download something first.  I was going to do it at work, but thought there were several options and each one I selected I thought there was a required download.  I got cold feet cuz of being on a work computer so waiting to do on my phone.  Haven’t gotten around to it because of this uncertainty. 

And what does LSA mean or refer to?

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #136 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:45 PM »
No download stuff that I remember....I registered mine on my work computer.  Receipts had to be uploaded though.
LSA=Lifetime Service Agreement

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #137 on: Feb 26, 2019, 11:45 PM »
you go to ridgids online registration page https://register.ridgidpower.com/ and create an account and register your tools to get the lsa (lifetime service agreement also known as lifetime warranty). they use your receipt data and serials and model numbers to register nothing to download.

i think the 3 amp could be a little small for the 8 inch auger, but i don't have a 3 amp to test it with my 8 inch lazer.
if it doesn't work out, return it. you have 90 days to figure it out.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Feb 27, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Good point 3300, I hadn't considered returning the drill if it doesn't work out. If I pull the trigger, I'll be sure to do some testing and report back.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #139 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:18 AM »
you go to ridgids online registration page https://register.ridgidpower.com/ and create an account and register your tools to get the lsa (lifetime service agreement also known as lifetime warranty). they use your receipt data and serials and model numbers to register nothing to download.

i think the 3 amp could be a little small for the 8 inch auger, but i don't have a 3 amp to test it with my 8 inch lazer.
if it doesn't work out, return it. you have 90 days to figure it out.

Yup, registration is super easy now that you can just upload your receipt at the same time!

I think the 3aH will work fine with the 8"; I use mine as a backup on my 8" mora and it rips just like the 9ah, just not as many holes! :)

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Feb 27, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Does anyone have experience with the 3.0 ah battery? I'm seriously considering making the switch to this drill and a laser auger combo after my jiffy didnt start last weekend. Frustrated to say the least!

I don't typically drill more than a dozen holes in a single trip, but would like to get an 8" auger if possible. Will the 3.0 ah battery drill 12-18 holes through 12-20" of ice with an 8" auger, or should I stick with a 6"? I like to sight fish sometimes and prefer an 8" for that.
The 3.0 ah will work fine.  I have an 8" nils and used a Ridgid drill and 1.5 ah that came with it.  I was able to drill 20 - 25 holes through 10" of ice with 1 battery.  My Ridgid drill is not the octane and came with two 1.5 ah batteries and using both lasted all day for me.  Registering for the LSA was easy as could be and only needed to upload the receipt or you could use your order number if bought on line and no upload was required.  I did purchase the 9ah battery and I can drill all day and not even get down to half charge.  Only reason I bought the bigger battery is I go up to the Adirondacks and encounter much thicker ice and wanted to be sure to always have enough juice.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #141 on: Feb 27, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Thanks for the votes of confidence in the 3.0 batteries guys. I may still end up with a 6" if it's all I can find locally this late in the season, but a 6" will cut more holes than the 8" and be easier to turn by hand early season. I'll post a report on how many holes I can drill with whichever auger I get and how much ice in case anyone else is still on the fence.

Offline Big Sky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #142 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Leave it to me to experience a problem.  Online registration isn’t recognizing my model and keeps kicking me back to register new tool.  Now I’m on hold with Ridgid trying to figure this out.  Lady said the numbers I’m giving her aren’t valid.  I can’t find a receipt showing I purchased the battery/charger, just the head unit, however I have the complete tool.  Drill was sent in the mail. Since this deal expired they can’t do anything until I find the Item # for the battery/charger. 

Not Ridgid’s or HD’s fault, just frustrated.  I thought I kept all paperwork together in case I wanted to return. Purchased this 1/1/19.   Wonder if I got all the paperwork I needed at time of purchase.   Next step is to go to Home Depot.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #143 on: Feb 27, 2019, 01:00 PM »
Leave it to me to experience a problem.  Online registration isn’t recognizing my model and keeps kicking me back to register new tool.  Now I’m on hold with Ridgid trying to figure this out.  Lady said the numbers I’m giving her aren’t valid.  I can’t find a receipt showing I purchased the battery/charger, just the head unit, however I have the complete tool.  Drill was sent in the mail. Since this deal expired they can’t do anything until I find the Item # for the battery/charger. 

Not Ridgid’s or HD’s fault, just frustrated.  I thought I kept all paperwork together in case I wanted to return. Purchased this 1/1/19.   Wonder if I got all the paperwork I needed at time of purchase.   Next step is to go to Home Depot.

Did you purchase it online?   If so, there should be an email trail you can follow.   Even when I make a purchase at the store I always select "email receipt", then it's as simple as doing a search in my email.   

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #144 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:13 PM »
i can give you the battery and charger numbers for the 9 amp kit, but not my series numbers.
battery model# R8400809
charger model# R840095
you can see they start R8400
these numbers are on the tools so are the serial numbers.
the online reg wants your receipt numbers first and the the tool info.
if you bought online, then you should show it in a bank statement. they should have emailed your receipt to you.
the receipt you do have should show a combo deal pricing also to either get it for free or for the discounted price.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #145 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:21 PM »
huh I ordered online from home depot and all I had to do was punch in the serial no.for the battery/charger kit and drill.no uploading any receipts.it was cave man easy..

Offline tjk3rd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #146 on: Feb 27, 2019, 02:25 PM »

When you get re-directed to the product registration page look in the blue box as it will take you to a page to look up the number you need.  If yours was the kit with the drill, charger, a 2 ah battery and carry case the number you need is R86116K.  The serial numbers you will need are on each tool, not the instructions. Hope this helps.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #147 on: Feb 28, 2019, 09:17 PM »
For anyone still considering this combo, I got my Ridgid Octane 1300 in/lb hammer drill with 3.0 ah battery out tonight and wanted to report on its performance. I paired it with a 6" black strikemaster auger bit and drilled 27 holes through 17" of ice. I drilled the first 6 holes at around 4:45, then let the drill sit until about 8:00 and wanted to see how many holes I could drill. Drilled 21 more holes and the drill quit on the 22nd hole. Outside temperature was 15-20 degrees. I am 100% pleased with this and cant believe I didn't switch sooner!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #148 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:15 AM »
thanks for getting back with us and i'm glad your happy with it. don't delay on registering the tools. you can always return them even if they're registered.

curious to see how it may do with an 8" auger.

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #149 on: Mar 01, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Yep, I had them registered best the artery was even fully charged! Not sure if any of my fishing buddies have an 8" auger to hook up to, but I will report back if one does and I get a chance to try it out. So far I'm beyond pleased with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.