Author Topic: Icegator help!?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline capt s

• IceShanty Rookie
Icegator help!?
« on: Feb 06, 2017, 07:38 PM »
I have had an icegator for a few years and finally broke down and bought a nils auger for it but now they are out of business (icegator) so I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get the adapter for the powerhead for a nils? I had a laser on it but the adapters are different. Thanks guys

Offline dairyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Icegator help!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I've got an Ion auger and made my own adapter for a nils 6 inch auger out of a section of EMT tubing--------works great

Offline shermanpup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2022, 12:06 PM »
 I need some more details on the conduit adapter you made. I have had my gator for a long time and don't know where my adapter is , I know I had a Mora laser adapter and still want to use that auger because it is lighter than the Strikemaster ones

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2022, 02:53 PM »
Any machine shop could make one up quick if you have the measurements for em.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2022, 02:50 PM »
When I bought my Ice Gator, Yeeears Ago, the folks at Ice Gator made mean adapter to fit my HT 7" Auger. It's basically just aluminum rod that fits inside the shaft of my auger and then they added an adapter to go from the aluminum shaft to the shaft on the Ice Gator. I don't think it would=be hard to make if you had the right tools.
jbird68

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2022, 08:55 AM »
If the output shaft is 22mm then the Eskimo adapter will work to reduce it to 18mm ...then add the Nils adapter which goes from 18mm to certain Nils auger drill units .

https://geteskimo.com/products/pistol-bit-adapter?_pos=1&_psq=adapter&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/nils-auger-adapter-for-conversion-kit.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.