Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679465 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Late Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #90 on: Jul 29, 2016, 08:57 AM »
ACT FAST!  Regular $399.99 currently $237.76/free ship with Prime membership!   https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-Aegis-Insulated-Flip-Over-Front/dp/B00XD5LS8W/ref=sr_1_9?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1469799955&sr=1-9&refinements=p_75%3A40-

Edit:  7/30/16 Price $224.13!  (Lowest price ever offered)  If anyone is hunting a decent two-man shack at a one-man shack price, you'd better jump on this one!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Jul 29, 2016, 09:05 AM »
That's a pretty good deal!! If I didn't have a couple shelters already I'd probably get that one. Can't beat that deal!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:09 PM »
just bought a mora auger with two piece offset handle for $24.95 there is still one left if any one is interested it is on ebay... I am going to put the off set handle on a lazer auger  a 6 inch  when I get the time to get another one but that is the best find and deal I could get thus far... or I can get a 7 inch laser conversion kit for a 7 inch mora or one or the other for the mora its self... 

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:31 PM »
now I bought the mora to lazer conversion kit for a 6 inch auger for 27.50 reg price was 39.99 last year... now I don't need to buy a 6 inch laser and swap it all over got it all in one auger.. just got to get my laser blade from holdens deli party store and bait and tackle since they reopened today 

by the way do got a nil's 6" and 8" just don't want to sharpen it ever year lol's... 

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jul 30, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Amazon has jiffy propane augers for $287.....

Offline Oly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HEY! Your Bobbers Down!
« Reply #95 on: Jul 31, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Last day to save at Your Bobbers Down - 20% off everything and free shipping over $20
Tight lines and Heavy Buckets!

Jamie "Oly" Olson

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #96 on: Aug 01, 2016, 07:38 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Aug 01, 2016, 03:25 PM »
Just grabbed one of these.

https://icefishingdeals.com/2016/08/01/update-frabill-aegis-2000-best-price-from-216-11-shipped/

Frabill Aegis on Amazon at $220 (free s/h)

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Aug 05, 2016, 02:30 PM »
13 Fishing Teardrop (left hand) for $43.29 over at Amazon, debating whether or not to buy a couple. Sweet deal. Anyone have any experience with them? Worth this price?

https://icefishingdeals.com/2016/08/05/13-fishing-teardrop-ice-reel-lhrh-best-price-from-43-29-shipped/

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Aug 05, 2016, 02:46 PM »
Bought a pair of Baffin Titans, size 11 in black off Amazon for $46.53 plus shipping.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Aug 09, 2016, 08:01 AM »
just used my 10% off coupon I got in the mail for tractor supply bought a new welder was thinking the hobarts 210 but it had a cheap cord and the 190 I would not be able to weld the thin stuff auto body cause it is 240volt like 24 gauge sheet.. so I ended out with the smaller unit it welds aluminum to 12 gauge stainless to 1/8 inch  and steel up to 1/4 inch the welder was 469.99 on sale 50 off of regular price and another 10% on top of it made it $423.00 plus tax came to 448.38 I came real close to buy a compressor to a 60 gallon vertical but waited cause its not two stage.. the retail on the welder is $637.99 but now I can fix aluminum and make rod holders pier carts out of aluminum and seats etc out of steel...  with the new welder I only had the 125 ez flux core before this and really needed a better  model just a heads up for those construction guys making ice shacks there tools are included so  is clearance items in that ten % off so watch for it in the mail the coupon is good from 8/8/16 to 8/23/16 ... here is one thing I did not know about Hobart welders there made in troy Ohio... were the Lincoln welder are made in Mexico.. I almost bought a miller matic but could not pass up this deal....     

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Aug 09, 2016, 08:05 AM »
by the way if looking for stuff at cabelas I got a extra sale coupon for $20 off 150 if some one needs it please pm me I sure a extra 20 off is not going to hurt for the pm...the mail lady gave two one was a neighbor fro mi don't know ware so it say or current resident so I sure you could use it...good till 8/24/16  I do got two so I can give mine away since I just bought a welder don't want to get in the dog house that much...

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Aug 09, 2016, 08:17 AM »
Haven't bought a lot or came across a ton of good deal but i did get a Dave Genz pro rod. normally $100 cabelas had it in the discounted down to $48 and they gave me another 40% off so i got it for under $30. That was a sweet deal. also just picked up a like new strikemaster Lazer 6" off craigslist for $30. Going to be make an adapter for the drill soon. Been looking for a deal on a 1 man flip over shanty. Guy wouldn't email me back on craigslist as he had one for $50. Got a couple leads on a couple more but nothing in hand yet. Some of you guys have got some sweet deals!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Aug 10, 2016, 09:43 PM »
Dicks sports has 20 off 100 right now for those that shop there foe gear if looking at a couple ice rod or even reels or combos that may be worth it? I don't think they discount st croix or shimano so keep it in mind to read the rules on the use of the 20 off of 100...

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Amazon has has the FishHunter Pro (all black unit, no bottom mapping, no 3D contouring) at $136.39 and Prime Ship.  The Pro model has been on a price skid since 7/25.  Regular price is $199.99.  I know, especially with this group, that this won't generate much interest, but for anyone who's looking for an inexpensive, workable, portable unit for hole hopping or for a spare, this is a really good buy.  If I was going to buy one of these units (Deeper, FishHunter, etc.) strictly for ice fishing, this would likely be my unit of choice, especially at this price point.  Mark

https://www.amazon.com/FishHunter-Worlds-Fastest-Wireless-Portable/dp/B01BERZCKU/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Edit:  It just dropped again.  $134.61  lol
Edit:  Dropped again.  $133.10
Edit:  $131.40
Edit:  $129.02
128.32  Wow, this might get down to a hundred bucks at this rate!  The price has fallen six times in 24 hours.

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Amazon has has the FishHunter Pro (all black unit, no bottom mapping, no 3D contouring) at $136.39 and Prime Ship.  The Pro model has been on a price skid since 7/25.  Regular price is $199.99.  I know, especially with this group, that this won't generate much interest, but for anyone who's looking for an inexpensive, workable, portable unit for hole hopping or for a spare, this is a really good buy.  If I was going to buy one of these units (Deeper, FishHunter, etc.) strictly for ice fishing, this would likely be my unit of choice, especially at this price point.  Mark

https://www.amazon.com/FishHunter-Worlds-Fastest-Wireless-Portable/dp/B01BERZCKU/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Edit:  It just dropped again.  $134.61  lol

Does anyone on here have experience with any of the Fishhunter or Deeper units? At this price i'm considering the Fishhunter Pro for hole hopping.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #106 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:45 AM »
the deeper unit is a overseas company that you have to send your unit in for repairs. that's a big negative for me.
from other reading i found it loses bluetooth very easily and is a pita to reconnect it and the range is much shorter than advertised. battery life will be much less in freezing temps. their software/app looks nice tho.
for ice fishing a power source would be a better option being we sit right next to it to fish, rather than battery alone. with portable charging banks, that would also be helpful.
next issue will be lack of interference rejection. also the cone angle and target separation.

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Aug 12, 2016, 12:01 PM »
the deeper unit is a overseas company that you have to send your unit in for repairs. that's a big negative for me.
from other reading i found it loses bluetooth very easily and is a pita to reconnect it and the range is much shorter than advertised. battery life will be much less in freezing temps. their software/app looks nice tho.
for ice fishing a power source would be a better option being we sit right next to it to fish, rather than battery alone. with portable charging banks, that would also be helpful.
next issue will be lack of interference rejection. also the cone angle and target separation.

All good points. I have a few portable charging banks so I have that covered. I've also got a Helix Ice 5 so battery life is not an issue, I'm more looking for a hole hopping sonar, or something to use when my son/buddy shows up without a sonar.

It does look like the FishHunter pro is "tri-frequency" w/ three Cone Angles. Not sure on interference rejection though.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Aug 12, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Hey Debbie Downer(3300), you need to catch up on your reading. ;)  The Deeper has two wifi models now.  So does FishHunter.  The bluetooth models (all of them) are being phased out in favor of wifi.  I have read hundreds of reviews on all of these units and  rarely see someone complain about battery life (lithium ion btw).  In the phones and  tablets used as viewers - YES!, but not so much for the sonar units themselves.  Read the OVERWHELMINGLY positive reveiws on Amazon for the wifi devices from both companies and you'll see (for the most part) that these units work very well for ice fishing sans SOME of  the bells and whistles of much, much, much more expensive units.  Geez.  I loaded both the Deeper and FishHunter apps to my phone to get a feel for how well the user interface worked, how intuitive they were.  They both work well, but I guess I would give the edge to Deeper.  These are really very nice units for the price, especially the deal noted. 

In deference, you are correct about the Deeper.  I believe Lithuania is the country of origin.  That is a big negative I agree.  FishHunter is based in Ontario, CA.  I would guess as these products become more mainstream, factory authorized service centers will start popping up in the US to service them.

SUNNFISH 0))): Try to contact IS user Loudenback.  He purchased a FishHunter 3D back in December.  I believe he was very happy with it, although it doesn't appear he has checked in in several months.  :(    Interference rejection is only an issue if you're fishing in a close group with multiple sonars.  When you're hole hopping, typically you're not.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Aug 15, 2016, 11:45 AM »
Eskimo Sting Ray 33cc with 8-Inch Quantum Ice Auger - $237.98  The price started sliding August 10th.  Currently at its lowest price ever.  This unit occasionally drops to $279.00, but its never been this low before.  https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-Sting-8-Inch-Quantum-Auger/dp/B000BUKAWC/ref=sr_1_19?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1471279008&sr=1-19&refinements=p_75%3A25-  Retail is $329.99 I believe.

8/16  1:00pm  $229.33

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #110 on: Aug 15, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Picked up a new Marcum Showdown Troller 2.0 on Amazon for $85 (free shipping too) a few weeks back.  I don't really need one but for $85 I figured I'd give it a try.  Might come in handy when I want to walk into a lake or hole hop and want to get down to the bare minimum in gear/weight.  I can always justify more ice gear.   ;D  Also found a Stryker Ice Transport on CL.  Figure I could get just about everything I need in there except for the auger and the bucket. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Aug 15, 2016, 12:37 PM »
Picked up a new Marcum Showdown Troller 2.0 on Amazon for $85 (free shipping too) a few weeks back.  I don't really need one but for $85 I figured I'd give it a try.  Might come in handy when I want to walk into a lake or hole hop and want to get down to the bare minimum in gear/weight.  I can always justify more ice gear.   ;D  Also found a Stryker Ice Transport on CL.  Figure I could get just about everything I need in there except for the auger and the bucket.

Not very good photos or videos of the transporter online that i have found. How do you like it? I am in the market for a rod/gear bag. I have looked at that one a number of times and think it looks cool but cant tell how well i would be able to organize everything just judging by the pics that i have seen

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #112 on: Aug 15, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Not very good photos or videos of the transporter online that i have found. How do you like it? I am in the market for a rod/gear bag. I have looked at that one a number of times and think it looks cool but cant tell how well i would be able to organize everything just judging by the pics that i have seen

I have the transporter bag ...one thing its huge ...my buddy jokes its my golf club bag ...it has replaced a backpack that I use to bring ...easy to switch out rods ..great  at the end of day pack up... the four side zipper compartments are great for utility/tackle boxes  .

I just recently got the SI smaller rod bag ....for my light rods and smaller walk in travels

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #113 on: Aug 15, 2016, 07:35 PM »
I want a striker transporter bag but can't find one around right now.  Any leads, anyone???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #115 on: Aug 16, 2016, 12:15 PM »
This is a rod case from a local guy here in Minneapolis.  He builds custom rods but has these cases too.  They aren't cheap but I have seen one and they are really nice and really light.  Just thought I'd share as this is not something you are going to see at your local sporting goods store or on Amazon:  http://ace-custom-rods.myshopify.com/products/rod-and-tackle-case

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #116 on: Aug 16, 2016, 12:21 PM »
On the Striker bag, it is definitely good sized.  I have an Otter box for my rods that is great for transporting on a trip but not so great for a guy who does mostly walk in fishing.  They really protect the rods there is no doubt about that but they are big and you either have to carry it by the handle or put it in the sled which takes up a lot of space.  Plus you have to have an extra box or carrying case for tackle.  I figure the Striker allows me to put rods, tackle and other odds and ends in one package.  Should help free up some space in the sled too since I can wear the case which also keeps my hands free.  I'll give it a try and let you know what I think.  One thing I can see already that I don't like is that there is too much fabric in the area where you put the rods in.  For anyone that likes to use a jiggin' rap like I do, you know those hooks will find any fabric within 20 feet and bury themselves in it.  So, looks like I will need some lure wraps for sure. 

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Aug 16, 2016, 12:34 PM »
On the Striker bag, it is definitely good sized.  I have an Otter box for my rods that is great for transporting on a trip but not so great for a guy who does mostly walk in fishing.  They really protect the rods there is no doubt about that but they are big and you either have to carry it by the handle or put it in the sled which takes up a lot of space.  Plus you have to have an extra box or carrying case for tackle.  I figure the Striker allows me to put rods, tackle and other odds and ends in one package.  Should help free up some space in the sled too since I can wear the case which also keeps my hands free.  I'll give it a try and let you know what I think.  One thing I can see already that I don't like is that there is too much fabric in the area where you put the rods in.  For anyone that likes to use a jiggin' rap like I do, you know those hooks will find any fabric within 20 feet and bury themselves in it.  So, looks like I will need some lure wraps for sure.

Cool deal man! Keep us up to date with what you think about it. It looks like a nice bag but a little expensive to order without knowing some feedback first. Good luck this upcoming season.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Aug 16, 2016, 01:46 PM »
This is a rod case from a local guy here in Minneapolis.  He builds custom rods but has these cases too.  They aren't cheap but I have seen one and they are really nice and really light.  Just thought I'd share as this is not something you are going to see at your local sporting goods store or on Amazon:  http://ace-custom-rods.myshopify.com/products/rod-and-tackle-case

Wondering if that guy has a hard side case like the skb cases or even lakewood cases ? Or is the one shown hard side ? I need rod protection is why I ask??

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #119 on: Aug 16, 2016, 05:30 PM »
The foam inserts are hard which gives you the rod protection.  This guy builds expensive rods and he builds these cases to protect those.  His phone number is on the site and you can call him directly to ask any questions you might have.  If you get one, you'll have to let us know what you think.  Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.