Author Topic: Jiffy blade sharpener  (Read 963 times)

Offline ymustuknow

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy blade sharpener
« on: Feb 13, 2015, 09:06 PM »
Hello all,
I bought a new Jiffy blade sharpener and the two "plates" are loose, is this the way it is supposed to be?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Jiffy blade sharpener
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2015, 09:11 PM »
That may just be why it won't cut/drill.  CAREFULLY  tighten those screws/bolts.   It's a good idea to use a little "Locktite" on the cleaned threads.    ;)2

May I caution you, before using that tool on the blades, read this thread.    http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=309016.0

Offline ymustuknow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2015, 12:29 AM »
That may just be why it won't cut/drill.  CAREFULLY  tighten those screws/bolts.   It's a good idea to use a little "Locktite" on the cleaned threads.    ;)2

May I caution you, before using that tool on the blades, read this thread.    http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=309016.0

The "plates" that I am speaking about are on the tool/sharpener it self.  I have yet to use it, and will check out the link in greater detail. :)

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2015, 04:52 AM »
They used some cheap glue and every one this year has fallen apart. They are supposed to be in place.

Offline ymustuknow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2015, 12:02 PM »
They used some cheap glue and every one this year has fallen apart. They are supposed to be in place.
That's what I was thinking, thanks for you input!

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2015, 12:10 AM »
Its a shame, but whenever I have dealt with Jiffy they have taken care of me. The sharpener works great if the stones would be in place.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.