The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: PERCH & GILLS  (Read 1651 times)

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
PERCH & GILLS
« on: Dec 29, 2005, 12:32 AM »
NEW TO SITE AND WONDERING IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME A GOOD LAKE FOR NICE GILLS AND PERCH TOO.I'M IN MID MICHIGAN BUT WILL TRAVEL IF WORTH IT.GOT A VEX FOR CHRISTMAS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT OUT.  :o THANKS

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline Ice_breaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bummer wont be here for the next ICEAGE
Re: PERCH & GILLS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:04 AM »
Hey there Spoonfed, "WELCOME" !!! As you should know any large enough body of water that you have access to, should provide you with entertaiment with your toyz. Not knowing specifically what area your in, I can't help picking a spot. Although right now, I'm not that desperate to trudge through the slush looking for tablefare. Now when the ice gets back into shape, either look for the crowds out on the Saginaw river, Budd Lake in Harrison, Bayport near Caseville, Hamilton Lake Ludington. That's about the tune I know from the mid-mitt area. Ice safety number one  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: 
"If we are not part of the solution, then we are part of the problem".

Offline JTMAX

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Hey Spoonfed
 From one newbe to an other , I'm in the Clare Mt. Pleasant area and they say that you can go 10 minutes in any direction from here and find fishable water.
 I believe that to be true. Now just get that vex working and you should have dinner in no time.

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Hey Spoonfed
 From one newbe to an other , I'm in the Clare Mt. Pleasant area and they say that you can go 10 minutes in any direction from here and find fishable water.
 I believe that to be true. Now just get that vex working and you should have dinner in no time.

fished nester and a few other lakes around gladwin harrison area.always caught fish but nothing of any size.

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Houghton for gills.  Higgins is the ultimate ice fishing destination IMO.  Smelt,
lakers, browns, rainbows, and whitefish.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.