Author Topic: Witch online stores seem to have consistantly lower prices for ice gear?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a fishfinder but am looking at other gear too. I have surfed many stores but the pricing seems almost all the same. Thanks.

Paul

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am willing to bet that marcum will drop the prices some more on their mechanical flashers soon because they are about to release the lx6 and 9. If it were me and you were looking at mechanical flashers, may want to wait a bit. They did the rebates last year. I would think with the prices they are asking for the lx6,7, and 9 that its only fair to drop the lx5 down a bit from 499. But thats me, who knows what they will do.

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
It seems like for fish Finders They're all about the same. That seems to be the case on most higher priced items whether it be a flip over shelter Or Flasher or camera they all seem to float within the same $10.00 of each other .  I just picked up an  MarCum lX  3TC on  Ebay  for $170 bucks shipping included. It was only one year old and showed up in perfect condition. That's a $400 Flasher. Most all of these online stores offer free shipping now so I might buy one thing from one store and one from another cabala's has clam ice Armor suits for $202.88 with free shipping. So I picked one of those up today.  Then another store will have a great deal on tungsten jigs is long as they have free shipping or low shipping all shop five different online stores to get the best deals. And if you're patient and look around Ebay has incredible deals from time to time. 
Just my 2¢ Happy shopping   
I LIKE FISHING BUT LIKE CATCHING EVEN MORE

Offline pikemaster1

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
reeds

X2 buddy got a heck of a deal on a x67c last year.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

I to think most stores are about the same and i wait for sales to pop , unless it's a must have thing , i by from many places , and still if i can by local i will ,but the internet just opens the door and my wallet ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
            Yea REEDS, or GLEN'S

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Reeds, FishUSA, and Sportsmans Guide.  You might want to wait for the Monday after Thanksgiving specials that always seem to pop up.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Reeds, FishUSA, and Sportsmans Guide.  You might want to wait for the Monday after Thanksgiving specials that always seem to pop up.
FishUSA has great customer service and so does Sportsman's Guide!! You might want to check out another sponsor; Mill's Fleet Farm!! ;) ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
you really need to look around seems like certain stores have sales on certain items at different times glens reeds  fleet farm all run sales at different times on diffent gear throughout the year ebay is always good to look around too

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
Living on the edge of the ice fishing civilized world as I do, shipping rates are far more important to me than pricing.  As stated, most prices are fairly comparable.  A place gets my business w/ providing value - I'm not afraid of paying for an item, I just want my money's worth.  Customer service and shipping rates are added value items that tend to be possessed by companies that get my business.
S.

Offline frigidaire

• Team IceShanty Regular
Last year I got a Humminbird 55 from Poorfish.com for $399, plus shipping, about a hundred bucks less than anyone else I could find.  It arrived by UPS in three days.  This summer I bought a new transducer for my Pirhana 170 sonar for $68.  Everyone else wanted $75.  It also arrived in three days.  I am well pleased.....

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
fishusa!!!
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline Bull Giller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Reeds
Retired full-time Mille Lacs Guide now chasing my favorite panfish.
Honda Foreman 450ES
Polaris 600 Indy XCR 

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Try and make it to the St. Paul ice fishing show this year (Nov 30 - Dec 2).   The vendors will have good show prices on flashers and everything else related to ice fishing.  You can sit in on some great seminars to boot.  Even if you don't buy anything you'll have a ball just wandering around and talking ice fishing with everyone.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
With being local, Cabelas has good prices and they run sales most of the time.   I use reeds and redrockstore a bunch also.   For a local selection that is excellent scheels in omaha has a great selection.

Offline Handy

• Team IceShanty Regular
What I am looking at getting is a humminbird 385ci ice. I do live within an hours drive to a cabelas but with gas prices this high I might as well order online. My local fleet farm has a ton of ice gear but they dont put it out for some time and I want to get it now while I have the funds. I am leaning toward cabelas as they have a mail in rebait right now to get a lakemaster card for free(almost free). Even if it doesnt have the lakes I want it should have the roads. Thanks for suggesting the other stores I will have to check them out and see what they have.

Paul

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
One other choice is Gander Mountain. If you can find what you want, at a price you can live with, they have FREE shipping. They charge extra freight on some heavy or bulky items, but it's not that bad!! A flipover was like $25 extra and an auger was $5!! Not bad compared to the outrageous freight charges from some sites!!! Even if it is a bit more expensive, you might still come out ahead!! ;)2 :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fleet Farm has always been good for me, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Offline Joedirt34

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life on the ice
I have found it helps to shop around for price . But keep in mind in these times most retailers are willing to price match and in some cases beat their competitors prices . Then I'm able to choose the store I feel I will get the best service after the sale !
---- Joe ----

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.